• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch in your Game?

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
In 'The Game' quest with my second character, you have to kill hobbes in the last section. I was playing with someone else while I was doing the quest. We killed the first round of hobbes when the game started acting up. I couldn't jump off the ledge. I saved the game and turned off my xbox 360. I come back the next day and I can jump off the ledge. I jump off then the gold trail tells me I have to go back up, but I can't. Now I can't leave and I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! HELP!!!!!

lberr2

Reaction score
Me and a friend were playing the quest "The Game" we kill the first round of hobbes then jump off the ledge and kill the second. After that we walk over to the Baren but he has already been knocked over and we tried for ages to fix it. I even tried loading the save again but still no success. I can't leave the quest and I don't want lose this character. Thanks

Teddy

Reaction score
well my weapons are just not there on my back and cant use my magic either but is still have everything in the sanctuary

JULIE

Reaction score
1. In Brightwell I need to get a criminal. The golden trail disappears into the library, I go into the library and the trail leads back outside. I go outside and the trail goes back inside the library. I cannot find the criminal.

2. I went to play today, My female hero married elliot and had a kid, we lived in the funhouse in Bowerstone Market. Then moved to the House of cards. I saved turned it off and went to bed. Turned it on tonight and some woman is in my house saying You need to get out you don't live here and sics the guard on me. I pay the fine kill the b**** pay another fine since my kid narcs on me but I am unable to move my family at all the icon of my husband and child is on the funhouse. But those are tenants that I can evict. No family icons on the house of cards but I am unable to interact with that house at all, I cannot change upkeep for my family, cannot move my family, cannot sell the house or evict tenants. I fast travel to Millfield and then go back to the sanctuary to interact with the map and am now able to change family upkeep but unable to move family or sell the house House of cards. I wanted to move my family into Millfield but it seems that I am unable to move my family period.

Hexlord

Reaction score
I have a glitch with one of my saves. On my one hero the time is frozen. The time in my game does not continue so no quests update. This glitch is game breaking.

Mindhunter13

Reaction score
ok...im in the city of aurora i hopped a wall and it shifted me into this pole like feature i cant get out all i can do is spin around please help me my character is stuck and idk how to get him out!! :'(

I'm stuck in the same type of glitch. I am too far into the game to restart, but I know about a fix. All you have to do is invite a friend into your game and have them find you on the map. After they find you, have them give you something you can wear like a piece of clothing or a tattoo. When it is offered to you, press X (instead of A) to try it on and you will be transported to the dressing room. You can just go out to the main room in the sanctuary now and fast travel somewhere else and you should be out of the glitch. My problem is that none of my friends have Fable 3, so I need someone else to add me to get me out of my glitch. My gamertag is AMERICANvLEGEND, so please add me and we can help eachother out.

QueenOfAlbion

Reaction score
I found a glitch i can't find any answer for. i was holding elliots hand whilst i accepted a mission and followed ben, we left bowerstone industrial and when we entered the next part of the map he wasn't there anymore, he'd let go and now i think he's stuck between 2 places on my map =/ dont think i'll get him back now lol. anyone else lost a spouse travelling through the map??

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
After changing characters during co-op with someone who couldn't decide which menu they wanted one of my charcters got copied onto one of my other saves, replacing the charcter in that save. That little glitch cost me my my Kings suit, male masquerade suit, military suit and most of my legendary weapons

SwifferGod

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the hold hands action. I am currently the king of Albion, and decided to flirt with Alex the servant girl. Everything goes fine up until she wants to go on a date and I have to take her hand. The game will absolutely not let me take her hand. I can hold others hands around me, but to complete the quest, I need to hold her hand. I'm stuck and it's rather irritating. I'm right on the quest to go find the desert diamond in Aurora. I don't know if I have to wait to do relationship things or what, but I really need to know! Thank!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had this one where I went into the Sanctuary to fast travel somewhere and I couldn't move my hero properly. She was sliding about the room and it was like there was a magnet wanting her to go to the left only. Then she fell through the back of it. I left the sactuary, left Brightwall manually and it was fixed. Weird.

Magerx

Reaction score
If you don't care to post glitches you've experienced then why bother to post? Players come to this forum to get help, not to listen to a fanboy complain about people picking apart "their" game.

A glitch I've experienced is where my wife (Elise) disappears. I cant find her and I've tried to move the family in hopes of her showing up. It doesn't work. It has happened on 2 of my saves and for some unknown reason it is only when she wants to have sex. My kid also disappears but thats okay because he ended up black when both me and my wife are white. I smell foul play on her part >_>
that happened to me, then she and i finally reunited and she wanted a divorce...it was random, just came up to me out thin air. so i shot her as fast as i could.

Swanny224

Reaction score
Well I have two files and two very odd glitches, my first file I married Ellise and beat the game while she was living in Bowerstone Market, just as the Crawler said something about my wife I had killed him. After I became the almighty Hero of lore I went to receive a gift from her and she was gone. She is still on my map and all but I cannot see her in any town, I have moved her everywhere. Crazyness. And the other glitch is just that I don't get Guild Seals unless I have completed a quest. Friend had the same glitch and said it fixed itself somehow. But yeah, very odd.

tiken

Reaction score
So me and a buddy went through the Gone but not forgotten mission. When getting to the final boss of the area we fought a group of ghosts. After defeating them we triggered one of the search lights that was patrolling the area. After fighting off the hollow men that appeared nothing happened. No additional dialog, no other ghosts to fight, and the best part, no leaving the room. I can't fast travel out and the door behind me is locked. :(

Monokobi

Reaction score
Doing the desert stat mission. Left cave to head back and meet Hobson. Now I'm stuck floating where the only thing I can see is the moon or sun. I don't want to start my character over. Can anyone help? Gamer tag is monokobi

NiiF

Reaction score
yea ive jst used it cheers cause i cant open the door to the barons mansion on the game quest even though i defeated all the wolfs and yet it still says im in battle too
well doing my head in lol
ah well cheers for this dude:cool:

I've filed this glitch with lionhead, twittered Lionhead, twittered XboxSupport and no one has an answer for me. Exactly the same thing has happened to me and there's no way to escape from this glitch either as you can't quit the quest or fast travel to any other location. So basically, the only "solution" I've been given is to re-start my character from scracth flushing 8 hours of gameplay down the toilet. I haven't got the time or patience for that. Please tell me Lionhead has patched this or is at least recognizing the problem and promising to work on it!

Teufelaffe

Reaction score
I am unable to start the "Island Getaway" quest. The map shows me where the guy you get the quest is (Bowerstone Market), but when I go to Bowerstone Market, I get no quest trail. If I leave the Bowerstone Market zone, the quest trail appears, directing me back to Bowerstone Market. If I go to where the guy is supposed to be (down by the water on the town side of the bridge), there's no one there.

Monokobi

Reaction score
Is there any way I can get help? Perhaps from xbox or lionhead? A return to the sanctuary would be fantastic. I've left a complaint with lionhead but it seems as if many people have had problems with falling into the abyss. The first one I found was the first day the game came out. They have still not patched it yet so I suppose you either escape by luck or start all over with no garuntee that there will not be a relapse of the same glitch. I wrapped my charge cord so the joystick would stay up and the lb button would be pressed for about an hour with no luck. I then switched and locked it in the down position and fell asleep. Still no luck so I'm almost done with this game because I refuse to start over, I had almost nineteen hours in.

Kelsey

Reaction score
why does my gold trail keep disappearing?? x

Dbigpimpslapper

Fable Fan
Reaction score
I am having problems with the gold trail .. sometimes its not visible even If i already adjusted it in the options menu
The game keeps freezing .. when I was on the save the people of albion quest.. the game just froze 4 times , deleted cache 4 times ,too... same issue so I had to stop playing for awhile coz its really annoying. This happened after they made some updates to the game.

And even if I earned more than 1K gold working in another hero's world, I did not get the achievement.

Faedil

Reaction score
why does my gold trail keep disappearing?? x

this is a common issue, and was an issue in Fable 2 also. the gold trail has never really been very reliable. at least its there, the original Fable didnt have one :)