• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch in your Game?

Monochron

Reaction score
I downloaded a couple of the free things and the such onto my game and for some reason whenever i try to play offline I get an error that I do not have the required downloadable content necessary to load the saved games. When I play online though, there is no problem.

As a result when it prompts me to download them when I try offline, I can't download anything because I am offline. But when I am online again it doesn't prompt me to download them.

I have tried downloading them manually but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Kimber1187

Reaction score
My problem is that my game was working fine the other day and now the same game data that i saved the other day...won't load and freezes my xbox so i have to shut it down manually and restart it....i can start a new game and save and load it just fine...but I have done alot on my previous save...I'm not sure what happened...any ideas? tips or advice?

Yobxx

Reaction score
hey this issue just occured i'm in the dark sanctum quest chain and im inside the temple for the quest called leverage. i'm at the part where you step on the arrows to move the floor panels and one came up but i can't walk across onto it. there seems to be an invisible barrier. i would be willing to start over the quest if that would fix the issue please let me know thanks :)

plataneroo

Ukviva
Reaction score
One time, I smashed a Hobbet hard enough to let him get stuck in the wall with his head.
It counted as it was still alive, but no matter howmuch I hitted it. It wouldn't die! :eek:

( It was pretty funny though, to see a Hobbet get stuck with his face )..

Buttt.. It's still a glitch ;)

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score
I have had a few random glitches but nothing that has impaired my game play tremendously.
First I have had the dog on 3 or more occasions bark at treasure and point his nose when there is nothing there, once in a cave and once on a path if I can remember or repeat the act I will give it a try later to give locations.
Another small glitch was the removal of my reflection in the Sunset House Mirror.. first it dropped so it was at floor level half in the floor and half out then later when I returned it had disapeared completly but this wasn't an issue with a guide from here.
I guess other than that I wouldn't really call it a glitch more just an error, in some of the maps the house location on the map doesn't match the house location in the game, i.e I think silverpines where the exit is between 2 houses on the map it is between 2 other house is one example there are other small but really insignificant errors.
All in all a well done game Lionhead hope to see some more DLC's in the near future.

Irish Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm having a gauntlet glitch problem. I can't seem to put the fire on my left hand and the vortex on my right. I'm left handed and weird about stuff like this..When i got to equip them it shows in my sanctuary that the fire is on the left and the vortex on the right but when I use them against enemies they are reversed...It's obviously a glitch because I was able to have it my way before. Can someone please help a compulsive brother out?!

VampyrSno

Reaction score
Can any one tell me why I am unable to move my family? Also, it is possible to move my family into the castle.
For back ground info: I don't have Xbox live, but I did marry my boyfriends character who actually owns the Xbox, I was playing first person, he was playing co-op. Plz help. :ermm: Send me a msg or something please.

Reaction score
I wanted to marry Elliot, but I didn't have a ring. I came back to him later and either he won't respond so I can't talk to him or It won't let me pick a wedding location.

Amanda Clark

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts or not, but randomly whether I am off or on XBL, I experience MAJOR lag. I posted a new thread about it. Sorry... lol I'm new here. hahaha

Ravenous Lust

Reaction score
I'm not a hater or a stubborn fanboy. In any case, you think this game was completely unplayable because it was so broken? If not you shouldn't have a problem with my post.

Don't start fights for no reason. :p

Obvious troll is obvious. In some of our cases, the game is as good as broken because it is unplayable. Like in my case, I can not attack at all. Not with guns, swords. or magic. This makes getting the through the rest of the game completely impossible. Just because YOU aren't having issues doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

well my weapons are just not there on my back and cant use my magic either but is still have everything in the sanctuary

I am having the exact same problem and I am shocked that it has been going on for this long without a patch being released.

the gold trail has never really been very reliable. at least its there, the original Fable didnt have one :)

No, it just gave you a map in the top corner showing you where you needed to go, unlike Fable II where your only navigation is the gold trail.

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
After downloading the new dlc, i changed my dog into the new robot dog. It freaked me out a bit so i changed it back to a normal dog. But after doing so the dog still barks like the robot dog.

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
Not sure if it counts or not, but randomly whether I am off or on XBL, I experience MAJOR lag. I posted a new thread about it. Sorry... lol I'm new here. hahaha

Lol no worries, this is still a glitch/problem at the end of the day.
Hmmmm sounds more like a hardware fault.
To start trouble shooting your problem, we need to check and ask a few questions.

Firstly does this problem only happen when playing fable 3 game. If this lag happens when playing other games its safe to say it is a problem with the hardware.

If it is only lagging when playing fable 3, i would say, check the disk, and carefully clean it; visa versa place a CD laser cleaner in the CD drive to brush the laser. If you have a can of negatively charged compressed air (http://www.maplin.co.uk/air-duster-25351); spray that into the CD drive to blow all the dust away from the CD area.

Hope this has been informative
Cheers

Niflhel

Goa'uld
Reaction score
After downloading the new dlc, i changed my dog into the new robot dog. It freaked me out a bit so i changed it back to a normal dog. But after doing so the dog still barks like the robot dog.

Funny mines the exact opposite, I got the clockwork dog and while at first it made the robot dog sounds, now for some reason it barks like a normal dog.

Also while I've stated in another thread already, while I got the demon door achievement, the pop-up that says I got 7/7 for Set Them Free! does not go away like normal.

charles717

A BONIFED B.A.
Reaction score
I just downloaded the new dlc and I was psyched to play it. But about 30 min in on the lowest level of the prison my game decided to glitch up. The man your supposed to follow got stuck in a wall. So now I can't advance and will probably lose 50 hours of gameplay and all my weapons.

arachnophilia

Reaction score
having three persistent glitches.
  1. demon door counter glitch. no achievement, 1/7 even though all doors are open. (traitors keep)
  2. east hare egg time glitch. time stands still.
  3. i'm missing all of my merchants in bowerstone market.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
Anyone else having that DAMNED glitched with the Mercenary Shooting Range and Reavers Wheel of Misfortune?

Its very disappointing to me. I want to get the Black Dragon (score of 550) augmented, and The Wheel is a great way to get other weapons' augmentations.

HW_Vigo

Reaction score
im freeking stuck in reavers ..... ive done the damn wheel 3 times and now it glitches up ... is there any way to unglitch?????

SkylaHart

Reaction score
Um, I "completed" the main game....unintentionally. I had 200 odd days left, but it suddenly jumped to the final battle, which seemed to happen a lot for some people. Pretty much all of my villagers died. However, i noticed that they started to come back and over a few days, I managed to get a couple of people back running shops and stalls and things seem to be working out ok...slowly. Then today, everyone has just started dropping down dead! What did I do? It seemed to be going so well, now I am literally seeing them all drop dead before me eyes and there is hardly anyone left. :/

darren

Reaction score
umm im doing the gone but not forgotten quest im at the final part and one of the gost people didnt die so i cant go on please healp me