• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good or Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael0100101

Reaction score
So my main reason for joining this forum was to post this thread. I was wondering if anyone else has decided to be good or evil in fable 3. I was evil in fable 1 and 2, and I think I might actually be good in fable 3. The scenario seems appropriate. After overthrowing an evil king, it wouldn't seem right be be evil yourself.

Autarch

Reaction score
I'm not sure really. I'm not sure if the more modern Albion can work with a good philosophy.

Reaction score
I think that in the first game i will be good for the same reason told by michael,in the second i will be evil for see what changes...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
With great power comes lots of people who will do anything you say. Being king was made for the more evil minded people.

Autarch

Reaction score
Anyway, if you don't crush the people's spirits, how are you going to make any money?

Twilight

Reaction score
Good first because I like ending the story as a hero first time around....second time evil.

Reaction score
Ill be a good male first same as i did in fable 1 and 2, then do the complete oppisite and make a evil female.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Deciding to be good or evil seems like a waste of a first playthrough. I try to decide what I would actually decide, if I were to actually be faced with the decision. It's boring if you play categorically.

Reaction score
Deciding to be good or evil seems like a waste of a first playthrough. I try to decide what I would actually decide, if I were to actually be faced with the decision. It's boring if you play categorically.
Exacly, i like your style.
Good first because I like ending the story as a hero first time around....second time evil.
I just have to state that i lovey our avatar

FableAddict

Reaction score
I'll probably end up being evil, just because I was evil on my first playthrough of Fable I and II

RiceJesus

Reaction score
I always do a good female character first. Secondly I'll be an evil male... I don't really like evil females because they tend to be so butch. But maybe they fixed that for #3.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I know what your saying and agree in parts but most the time when you do this you sway between sides. Then either have an ending thats middle ground and neutral or last decisions you make tip the scales to good or evil then you arent happy with the way the ending played out because you mostly made good/evil choices then ending is the other one.

SaintofAlbion

Warrior Saint
Reaction score
I always go with a good guy first, then a free-for-all girl, as in I use the girl and make nothing but random decisions and see what happens.

VOTE

Reaction score
i wanna be more neutral but ill be good like i was in F2...one of the reason is i dont like lookin ugly lol

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I will try to do what seems like a kinda neutral thing to do.
Let's **** on burning kittens!

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Gotta go good. Then we'll see if I get called to the dark side.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
I know what your saying and agree in parts but most the time when you do this you sway between sides. Then either have an ending thats middle ground and neutral or last decisions you make tip the scales to good or evil then you arent happy with the way the ending played out because you mostly made good/evil choices then ending is the other one.
I just don't think you're playing the game right if you choose one extreme or the other. I'm sure Lionhead set up the story so that it should be played the way I'm talking about. They said that there won't be a clear right or wrong way, so you'll basically have to think about it rather than just "Well I'm good so I'll do it this way."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just don't think you're playing the game right if you choose one extreme or the other. I'm sure Lionhead set up the story so that it should be played the way I'm talking about. They said that there won't be a clear right or wrong way, so you'll basically have to think about it rather than just "Well I'm good so I'll do it this way."

There is never a neutral ending though so whether you pick the black and white good/evil choices or go middle ground sooner or later you will end up on one side of the fence with your actions. So id rather witness all the aspects of my choices first then all of evil and all of good that way ive witnessed every aspect of the game and all conversation trees and outcomes. Though i never usually make it to playing as all good as i just cant be a saint.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score
I've always been evil......
oh we're not talking real life!?!

Pain

One pain is lessened by another's anguish
Reaction score
Whether you choose to categorize and go for a more specific approach such as committing good deeds or bad deeds can create a totally different feel as apposed to just making decisions that would suit your real life personality and/or your actual judgement. Some scenarios would justify killing and some wouldnt, but what the game really offers the player is the ability to choose one such as killing through sheer frustration or becoming the white hearted pardoning king that forgives the arrogant slave in order to gain the favor of the court or the people of albion. Let's imagine a scenarion that would offer a player to choose different roles with plausible consequences to each decision and you guys can reply or comment on these decisions as you like.

Ok, lets imagine ourselves the King on the throne, lets take the more real life approach that POOP described which is making decisions based on your personality in real life or in other words, without second guessing a second decision and going with that gut feeling.

So lets say you have completed the revolution and have many followers that have helped you eliminate the opposing army and overthrow the former tyrant. On your adventure, you will be making promises to your followers in order to gain their favor and have them assist you on your quest to fighting your evil brother. Let's say one of those faction leaders came to your throne and asks you to fulfill your promises. He wants you to give him his northern land which was stripped from him back when the evil brother reigned. That peice of land generates 10% of your entire countries economy (Mines, factories, farms), including taxation etc. Now as Fable has always been, for every decision there is a consequence. You can be evil and toss him into the dungeon, extort as many benefits from his land, his people, and his army to accomidate your evil goals. Hatred, poverty, child labor, discrimination, and an unfair distribution of wealth follows through that decision. However, another option is to be the good trust worthy King, give him the land, gaining his favor in court, the people's gratitude, his loyalty, taxes form his land (will not cover the economic loses from giving him the land in the first place), and his armies will serve your will. You wont have as much money as the previous decision but your story as ruler will most definetly be different. Remember that the environment changes as you make decisions on your throne. If your the evil king thats enforcing the industrial revolution through poverty and child labor, than your land will have factories everywhere, pollution, yellow gasy air, and people with no housing in the streets unable to find food bla bla bla. If your the good king than youll have clean waters, fresh air, your people will be happy and your country flourish into a green landscape with a positive atmosphere, that decision follows with a lot less problems with the people but your wealth will not measure well with the evil king.

You can choose to use your powers oppressively or to enforce justice where needed. So basically, the ultimate question in Fable 3 in my opinion would be, do you as a player care about the consequences of your decisions? and if so, would you rather be the selfish tyrant or the selfless hero?

Remember this is simply a scenarion from my imagination and only serves as my opinion of a king like scenarion in the Fable III game. I believe the game has to be this complex in order to create a realistic feeling towards ruling over albion, otherwise ruling over albion will just be a walk in the park with nothing intense to remember after you complete the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.