• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Guide]Changing Armor Rating

Three

Rawr
Reaction score
[Guide]Changing Armor Rating

Do you ever feel your armor just isn't strong enough? Or you want to have stupid fun and fight people naked without taking much damage? Well, NOW YOU CAN!
I bet you're wondering, "Gee Golly, HOW?!"
Well... I'm going to show you.

Despite the cheesiness of the intro, I've worked pretty hard to find out exactly how to do it, and I even know the exact formula to find out how much a value has to be to become alot of armor.

Start off by opening Fable Explorer. [If you don't have it, you can get it here]
Scroll down to the "OBJECT" folder. [For quick-access, press "O"]
object.png

Scroll down until you see some files that are labeled OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT/GLOVES/BOOTS/TROUSERS
Select one of the items. I'm going to be choosing OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_NO_SHIRT [which is the armor rating of your torso when not wearing a shirt]
Double-Click on it. Click on OBJECT in the new window once. Go to the second column that is labeled "CAppearanceModifierDef"
Then click on Links to (GameBINEntryID)
doingit.png

A new window should open. In that window, click on the tiny [+] by "CAppearanceModifierDef" A short list should come down. GO to the bottom labeled "ArmourPercentage"
changingit.png

Incase you're wondering, in this Menu you can change anything like the Attract Bonus, Scariness, Attractiveness, even Alignment Modifier or "Stealth." But, we're here to change the armour rating, right?

The default armor rating for NO_SHIRT is 0.4. Now, pay attention. This really matters here. There is a formula for everything in this game. There's a formula in the Weapon Damage that is "Vx10=Dmg" Which means that your value [For instance 4.5] is multiplied for 10, which would be 450. So that means that in-game, the weapon's damage would 450.

The armour rating has a different formula. It's Vx384.5=AR. The value you put in, times 384.5 equals the armor rating in the game. So, 0.4x384.5=154. The default armor rating of a no-shirt should be 154.

Now you can change that to ANYTHING. And I mean ANYTHING. Go nuts. You want it 10,000? Hell. Go for it. But use the formula. If you want to find out what the value has to be for alot of armor, then use THIS formula. Whatever number you want, you divide by 384.5. Then you get your value. Say you wanted 2500 armour. You do 2500/384.5. That would be 6.5. So in the value box you put 6.5.
changedit.png
Then in-game your armor would be 2500.
armour.png

I tried my BEST to explain it all. It can be kinda confusing at first, it was for me too. I struggled trying to find the exact formula.

+Rep if you liked/helped you.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Changing Armor Rating

Great! :D :thumbsup:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this guide +rep ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Three;95858 said:
Oh. I didn't know about that...sorry. I had to figure mine out myself...damn. I took the hard road :\

But you learned how to do it and made a guide, sense of accomplishment is there none the less ^_^

MattiFS

The Hero of Time
Reaction score

great guide, +rep. but just wonderin, say ya make NO_SHIRT like 1000 and you put a 250 Armor Rated shirt on, do you go to 1250 Armor Rating?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

+Rep..

Ah you see, no one backed me up when Vegeta was like "There's already a guide like this on FableTLCMod."

B

blu phoenix

Very nice guide. Thanks for sharing and + rep!;)

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

MattiFS;96021 said:
great guide, +rep. but just wonderin, say ya make NO_SHIRT like 1000 and you put a 250 Armor Rated shirt on, do you go to 1250 Armor Rating?

NO_SHIRT is overridden.

Also. Setting everything to 0 makes you invulnerable.

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

Changing your NO_SHIRT to 10,000 means that wearing the "No Shirt" in your torso section of clothing. So wearing a different shirt would override the armor rating.

MattiFS

The Hero of Time
Reaction score

Ah ok, thanks. (I probably sounded like a noob).

J

jonmz88

old thread but only one on this subject. will this work with any armor peice if u follow the directions such as the plat set?

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

jonmz88;128798 said:
old thread but only one on this subject. will this work with any armor peice if u follow the directions such as the plat set?
It works for all pieces of armor, yep.

D

Dezariane

What is the Archon armor named in the FE cause I can't seem to find it

jwc2200

Reaction score

OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_PLATINUM
OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_PLATINUM
OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_PLATINUM
OBJECT_HERO_GLOVES_PLATINUM
OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_PLATINUM

That's Archon's Armour.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Damn.. Mods need to come to the 360... how much is this game for pc?