• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guide To Big Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Guide To Big Bucks

Starting Out:

You're not going to have lots of money when you first start out, so after entering and leaving the guild for the first time, you shall end up on Bower Hill, you'll have to cut or shoot your way through some beatles but once you're down the hill you'll be in the region 'Bower Lake', what you want to do - before going to Bowerstone, is search the lake. If you do a good clean sweep of the lake, you should find several treasure chests containing items and money. Even some silver keys will appear so don't forget to pick those up because those silver chests contain valuable items. After killing Thag and clearing the way to Bowerstone you should have a good start in your inventory. Also before going to Bowerstone Marketplace check the water areas for dive spots you can jump into and find items. Searching the lake is an extremely good method of finding useful items you can sell, usually stuff you don't need.

Entering Bowerstone:

Now that you have all those goodies you picked up, go ahead and go to the appropriate stalls/shops and sell them! Any clothing you found, dyes? Sell 'em. Food? Sell. The only true items you need are health potions and weapons. So just empty your inventory.

First Jobs

Theresa can wait. It's time for your first job! While you're in Bowerstone Marketplace, check out either the Blacksmith or Cow & Corset Bar for a job. I recommend Blacksmith, for you get more money although it may be a little more difficult. Multipliers will come in handy! So make sure you try and keep those multipliers as high as possible. They sound just like they do, they multiply the amount of money you make with every perfect hit. Get 2 perfect hits and you'll get your first multiplier: 2 then get another perfect hit and it will go up to 3. These come in handy as they will get you more money and get you promoted faster. If you're on a good streak and have a 4+ multiplier but it asks you to either stay or press B to get promoted, stay until you mess up the multiplier then get promoted, try and keep that multiplier as long as you can.

The Best Jobs

Blacksmith and Woodcutting is without doubt the best jobs. They are both pretty easy and rack you up money for quickly if you can keep the multipliers going. If you're in dyer need for money, hit these two jobs up and try to get to 5 star, it will help.

Quests
Quests are a major help as well, not only will they get you renown but they will also offer money such as Bounty Hunter, or Slave Rescue. They can offer a few hundred to a thousand some moneys. The Archeologist Quest is also a good one because if you finish it, you get the reward gem: The Archon's Dream. This can be sold for 100,000 + to the store or stall. The consequence is you have to kill Belle the Archeologist, she won't let you leave the area with the gem unless you kill her but don't worry you won't get in trouble. There are three quests you can do that will get you three different gems, The Archon's Dream, The Stone of My'r Brigolthi and The Diamond of Sorrow, they sell for either several thousands to a million.

Real Estate

As you get longer into the game you'll want to buy houses, and rent them out. Putting the rent at 100% will get you the max amount of money, but it will make you corrupt so it's your choice. Also adding luxurious furniture to buildings will boost it's ratings which means more money. When you finish the game especially, Reaver's Mansion will be up for sale, go ahead and buy it then rent it out. It will give you tons of money. Stores like Blacksmith, General Store, Bars also give you good amounts of money if you boost up sales to 100+, yes it will cost you a lot of money to buy these houses and buildings but if you can buy several houses, fill them up with luxurious furniture and, buy stores it will give you daily money which is a good help. So if you're making daily money, working a job as well, especially five star job Blacksmith or Oakfield Wood Cutter, and selling the goods you find along your way through quests it will help you out!

If All Else Fails

Check with me and I'll hit you up with some dough. ;)

I hope this guide helps out although it's a few years late.

Fable 3 Guide To Big Bucks will come soon so stay tuned!

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score
Re: Guide To Big Bucks

Nice work. I ended up with two Diamonds of Sorrow because that quest glitched on me and I was able to do it twice, lol. Either way by the second time the amount from selling it was chump change. I also elected to give the hollow men their gem back, but somehow kept it? Whatever, haha. Good guide. Hopefully this helps some people out. I'd mention something about being a Bartender in there too. It's probably one of the more difficult jobs to keep at, but once you get a feel for it you'll make money a lot faster than woodcutting.

Five stars for the awesome work.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks SandsOfTime404. :)

I'll give you some rep tomorrow.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Bah no need lol. I like helping out a little. Makes playing this game more justified. Plus since I've started browsing the forums I've found a few things to test out for other people that occupies time. :p

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Hah, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.