• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guns vs Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score
Guns vs Bows

Ok in Fable 2 your going to be able to use bows and guns which weapon of long ranged combat are you most likely going to use when it comes out and after you buy it.
Gun or no Gun that my friend is the question.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Guns vs Bows

Im sure if they incorperated Guns into the game they would not have bows aswel as in 500 Years in sure they would be pretty dated.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Well yes but im sure youll have the choice to use a bow or a gun ya know, bows for a stealthy silent attack and guns for a powerful attack.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34077 said:
Well yes but im sure youll have the choice to use a bow or a gun ya know, bows for a stealthy silent attack and guns for a powerful attack.

Who knows? Just seemed a little odd for them to use both.

H

Hexadecimal

bows are just too tame when you could use a gun...
sure, with a bow you have the hilarity of shooting an arrow right into their ugly face...
but with a gun they wont have a face... you'll blow it right off
that's just good times...
it's all a matter of overkill... and you can never have too much killing...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;34079 said:
bows are just too tame when you could use a gun...
sure, with a bow you have the hilarity of shooting an arrow right into their ugly face...
but with a gun they wont have a face... you'll blow it right off
that's just good times...
it's all a matter of overkill... and you can never have too much killing...

Still liking those evil tendencies of yours :devil:

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Yeah but still I think your downgrading bows there powerful weapons of mass destruction just look at skorms bow.

H

Hexadecimal

Adam;34082 said:
Yeah but still I think your downgrading bows there powerful weapons of mass destruction just look at skorms bow.

sure, bows are great... but they just don't have the same splatter effect as a gun...
ever see boondock saints? that cat that gets sprayed all over the wall? that is what I would like to see become of all my enemies... and you wont get that with any bow and arrow

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34082 said:

But when push comes to shove the gun needs to be more powerful but at the same time not be overpowered so if they did leave bows in the game they would have to be reduced in power for balancing purposes.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Oh now I get what your saying sorry for the confusion at first I thought you were saying bows were no good I am so sorry Drakan....... I wonder if you could carry both like a bow on your back and a gun on your side, or dual guns now that would be neet.:)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34085 said:
Oh now I get what your saying sorry for the confusion at first I thought you were saying bows were no good I am so sorry Drakan....... I wonder if you could carry both like a bow on your back and a gun on your side, or dual guns now that would be neet.:)

Of course i like bows just thought it may be impractical... and no worries ;)

Im sure they could find a cool place for them :p

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Hey I just got a cool idea what if you could tell people to follow you give them a gun and teach them the way of a hero........... or mabey a villan, a pedestrian on da edge yo. Ha ha ha but seriously what do you think of the idea?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34091 said:
Hey I just got a cool idea what if you could tell people to follow you give them a gun and teach them the way of a hero........... or mabey a villan, a pedestrian on da edge yo. Ha ha ha but seriously what do you think of the idea?

Wouldnt that be like modified 'Hire A Henchmen' kind of idea?

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

exactly but instead of hiring them you tell them to follow you as a follower........ sorta like an admin and a supporter. Admin being the hero and the supporter being the follower, and if the dont follow of with there heads or then agin not cause you just cant go out and kill someone on Fable 2 its much more complicated.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;34084 said:
But when push comes to shove the gun needs to be more powerful but at the same time not be overpowered so if they did leave bows in the game they would have to be reduced in power for balancing purposes.

I disagree. With magic, bows could be much more powerful than a gun. I will use either or both depending on the strengths. I'm imagining that there won't be silencers so an arrow would be stealthier. Perhaps as suggested in another post the reload time might be slower than a bow. I also don't think there will be an equivalent of Multi-Arrow. Multi-bullet o_O

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Ok in a way I agree with you and Drakan your both making good points but im a little more convinced that guns will be stronger sorry Albion Kight but im going to have to go with Drakan on this matter.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34106 said:
Ok in a way I agree with you and Drakan your both making good points but im a little more convinced that guns will be stronger sorry Albion Kight but im going to have to go with Drakan on this matter.

Depends how you define 'Stronger' i think one arrow vs one gunshot the gunshot will cause more damage but as Albion Knight suggested with magic the bow could in theory be 'Stronger' but in a different way i.e taking out multiple enemies or one shot stealth kills maybe and also ability to fire at a faster rate.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Ok now im just confused i dont know which one will be "stronger":wacko:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34109 said:
Ok now im just confused i dont know which one will be "stronger":wacko:
I imagine that there will be benefits to both depening on the situation

I like bows better because its more in synch with the fantsy world that i like. That being said if a gun is better I'll use a gun :devil:

wouldn't want to bring a bow to a gun fight LOL

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;34121 said:
wouldn't want to bring a bow to a gun fight LOL

Yeah thats the best way to put it really :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.