• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo 3 Matchmaking

R

Ranger28

Halo 3 Matchmaking

Hi, i got a Xbox Love Gold Membership today and i wanted to play halo 3 online multiplayer.

Whenever i go into the Matchmaking Lobby it says "information cannot be received from the halo 3 server"

i dont know how to get rid of this, i tried looking on the halo 3 forums but none of the threads seemed to help.

My Live setup is like this: Xbox 360 > ethernet cable > Apple Time Capsule > ethernet cable > Gigabit Wireless Router

any help would be much appreciated

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Halo 3 Matchmaking

are you registered on bungie.net? i would try logging in and running halo simultaniously.

or, join a friends game and have them change the party from custom games to matchmaking.

hope this helps :)

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Well considering you have a Post count over 50, your worth the Help.

Well are you sure you have Gold? ust cheki'n.

And maybe the game setting, you cannot use? E.G heroic map pac DLC's and stuff?
Umm.. Maybe try logging into Bungie Like led said.

But thats really All i know..

R

Ranger28

yep i definitely have gold, i've been playing online co-op in Fable 2, that works fine.
i have the heroic map pack and the cold storage map, i don't have the legendary map pack though.

i am registered to bungie.net, i logged on, on my computer but that didn't seem to help, can you log on from the 360?

none of my friends have xbox live so i cant fix it that way. Do you need live friends to play multiplayer? or can you just play with anyone thats online like in Fable 2?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289002 said:
yep i definitely have gold, i've been playing online co-op in Fable 2, that works fine.
i have the heroic map pack and the cold storage map, i don't have the legendary map pack though.

i am registered to bungie.net, i logged on, on my computer but that didn't seem to help, can you log on from the 360?

none of my friends have xbox live so i cant fix it that way. Do you need live friends to play multiplayer? or can you just play with anyone thats online like in Fable 2?
ah thats probably the answer.
if you don't have the legendary map pack it won't let you play any ranked games. if you can play social matchmaking then thats the cause.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Oooo yeah, Good point.

But Yeah Im pretty sure Social Should work.. or they do that to you so they MAKE you buy Legendary.. basterds! Hah.

But im too sure otherwise.

R

Ranger28

I can't play multiplayer online at all. if by social games you mean just for fun, then thats exactly what i want to do but it doesn't work.

i have tried changing the search preferences from quick to good connection but it doesn't help.

i can't get past the initial screen that comes up when you select matchmaking from the main menu.

in the part where it tells you how much of a level has loaded it just says 'information cannot be retrieved from the halo 3 server'. Im a little confused because i can connect to the xbox live market place and xbox live on other games just not halo 3.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

How long have you had this problem? Sometimes this error is down to a large amount of people searching for games online at once. Is your NAT on the 360 set to open?

R

Ranger28

i used to have a gold membership and i had the problem then too, i thought it might have changed given that was a 6 months ago.

what's an NAT and how do i change it to open on the 360? (sorry im kind of computer illiterate)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289030 said:
i used to have a gold membership and i had the problem then too, i thought it might have changed given that was a 6 months ago.

what's an NAT and how do i change it to open on the 360? (sorry im kind of computer illiterate)

First of all you need to run the Xbox Live test in the dashboard. At the bottom it will say NAT and what the status of it is. Open, Strict etc.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;289034 said:
First of all you need to run the Xbox Live test in the dashboard. At the bottom it will say NAT and what the status of it is. Open, Strict etc.

from the dashboard
my xbox<system settings<network<test connection (or something similar)

R

Ranger28

ok i ran the test and it said "Xbox LIVE is up and running"

i couldnt see NAT anywhere

this is the screen that i was on, terrible webcam photo but it might help

Photo2.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289036 said:
ok i ran the test and it said "Xbox LIVE is up and running"

i couldnt see NAT anywhere

this is the screen that i was on, terrible webcam photo but it might help

Photo2.jpg

Apparently on the NXE it only displays the NAT settings if they are on Moderate or Strict so yours should be open. Strange that you still seem to be having the issue. Is your Gold Membership a 48 hour trial or anything like that? Because you can only play social games and not ranked with trials.

R

Ranger28

nope its a one month subscription. Its really weird because i can play fable 2 online perfectly. When i try halo 3 online it doesn't work. i just tried Farcry 2 multiplayer and got the message "The Far Cry 2 server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

Could it be something to do with my wireless router and my time capsule like a proxy setting or a port that i need to open? or wouldn't a port or a proxy make Fable 2 not work either?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289039 said:
nope its a one month subscription. Its really weird because i can play fable 2 online perfectly. When i try halo 3 online it doesn't work. i just tried Farcry 2 multiplayer and got the message "The Far Cry 2 server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

Could it be something to do with my wireless router and my time capsule like a proxy setting or a port that i need to open? or wouldn't a port or a proxy make Fable 2 not work either?

Fable II's multiplayer works a little differently than the other two titles you tried. So i guess it could be down to a router issue maybe.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I've had this problem before, resetting my router worked fine.

R

Ranger28

Im not having any luck i have tried opening ports using guides on portforwarding.com and creating an IP manually for the 360 but its not working. I have no idea whats wrong with it, i've tried restarting the router but that doesn't seem to help.

Tanks very much for your help everyone, advice was appreciated i might try again tomorrow but for now + rep for you all :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289051 said:
Im not having any luck i have tried opening ports using guides on portforwarding.com and creating an IP manually for the 360 but its not working. I have no idea whats wrong with it, i've tried restarting the router but that doesn't seem to help.

Tanks very much for your help everyone, advice was appreciated i might try again tomorrow but for now + rep for you all :)

Just incase this is the problem (although it shouldnt be) theres a good guide here:

An Explanation of NAT for the Xbox

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the photo of your connection tests makes me think your just having connection issues with the bungie.net servers.

try posting this on the bungie.net boards as the people there are a lot more knowledgeable as to how the halo online system works.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

My NAT is always Crap but I find games simply.. So it wont be the NAT.