• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has anyone ever made a mod to recreate Project EGO?

RustInDirt

Reaction score
Name
Jeffrey
Just wondering if anyone ever something like this.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable wasn't the easiest game to mod & though lots of great mods did come out thanks to some talented people they were quite limited with what they could do as the tools were fan made too.

RustInDirt

Reaction score
Name
Jeffrey
Fable wasn't the easiest game to mod & though lots of great mods did come out thanks to some talented people they were quite limited with what they could do as the tools were fan made too.

I imagine that would be very ambitious to even think of even trying something, quite the extreme. I think back on the old FableTLCMod forums someone was recreating Bowerstone to make it more Project EGO like. Unfortunately I don't think anything came of it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I thought EGO was just an early placeholder name; did they actually scrap some content from the final game? And I'm not talking about the unfulfilled promises, but actual, created content.

RustInDirt

Reaction score
Name
Jeffrey
I thought EGO was just an early placeholder name; did they actually scrap some content from the final game? And I'm not talking about the unfulfilled promises, but actual, created content.

To be honest, I not sure. From what I've seen (videos, screenshots) it appears to be scraped content.

Then again, I was only 2 when the game was announced so... :unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

FRC_TEAM

Reaction score
FRC Team already is developing Project ego mod :)
LbRuB8oR_9Q.jpg

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
I was working with FRC on the PEM, but they moved onto Singing Sword and seemed to stopped with that mod too. I plan on a Project Ego mod but I'd like to start small (seeing as I'm the only person doing it) maybe with Ego Guild exterior, and so on. I want to make the levels seen in Ego, one by one. Then I just wanna start adding more as a whole (tons of custom interiors caves and cellars much more) tons new weapons, potions food items in general. I also want to not break the entire game, obviously. 100% playable quests, some merged regions. If you wanna know more let me know I'll link you too my Steam and YouTube channel descriptions of my Fable modding videos go into great detail as so do my Steam Fable screenshots.

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Also let me know if anyone wants a link to my Fable modding discord server! On there I have screenshots of the actual Ego regions!! They were found in Fable Anniversary's files! They don't have .levs (landscape mesh itself) but there are the tng's. I got these Ego Anniversary tngs to work in Cbox but they crash in game just like what happens when we try to get OG Dragoncliff working from OG Fable. Non TLC. But the screenshots i gathered will be used as evidence to recreate the ego locations. Very excited about this!! Guys, I have been trying to bug Microsoft to release the Fable 1 engine as a editor, anyone down to help? Lmao

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Update if your curious, this was pulled from the Anniversary files as a .tng and rewrote by me to work with TLC!!! It's Ego guild!! https://i.imgur.com/qukOHdf.jpg (This version of the Guild Exterior was made by Lionhead not me.) I had to delete a ton of markers and camera scripts to fix it from crashing.

odarenkoas

Reaction score
Hi! My nickname odarenkoas and I'm from FRC!

I currently working on the recreation of some of Project Ego locations in my Fable: Project Enhanced Mod.

Last edited: