• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help, doing good, loosing money & gifts

Donald007

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm playing as a good guy.
Till today ........, I'm a KING

Spending money, buyed most shops.
Doing good sucks, because I almost don't receive any gifts anymore.
My income is very low at the moment, I hope I have enough to re-build the army

???? UNCERTAIN, ???

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
One thing you can do to help the war effort is use your personal stash of money to help bolster the kingdom funds by transferring money using the ledger. If you've bought out businesses and property, raise the rents to the max for a short while to help boost your cashflow - it won't have too much of an effect on your alignment if you only do it for a bit. When making your promises, you can go for the good options but where possible go for the neutral ones which won't cost anything to anyone. Yeah, you won't make any extra money but at the same time you won't lose any either.

One thing worth doing - if a little boring and tedious - is to grab a lute and head out into the towns and play for money. Using the Road To Rule, you can unlock lute-playing upgrades so that you get quite a substantial amount of money just for hitting buttons in the right timing. Sell whatever items you can too.

If upping prices and rents seems too mean for your character, make them pretty and sell them off to make extra cash, although this won't help by much in the long-term. Go into every cave, every region and every property to search for treasure and add it to the kingdom war effort.

Donald007

Reaction score
Thank you again so much Angel :cool:

One best thing I've done, is to collect every chest, on the road to rule the Kingdom.
Pie Making lvl 5 still works great :D

On the other part, I've cheated, ... how ?
Every 5 minutes, I receive around 50.000 gold pieces.
What did I do ...., I let the game be online and watched a couple of movies.
After 6 hours or so, I had the money for the army.
Sadly, not due straight playing forward for it :(
With this quest, it also seemed like the great straight-forward action had a stop, for a moment.

Nevertheless, fighting the darkness in the city, was cool (but short)
Also a short sad ending. But a GREAT game.

I'm even now trying to play again: Fable The Lost Chapters
(maybe I see you again in that section of the forum ??)

It's a little more stress, due the groups of enemies.
But I like it also. But I'm uncertain, if I ever could finish it.
I have more survival problems with it. Stressy game.

Thank you so much again, Angel :thumbsup::cool:

Fable 3 for certain, is now in my list of favourite games.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Happy to help and glad you like the game enough to call it a favourite - it really is a fun and enjoyable series, I think.

I found that the fable games are easier as they go through the series - I love Fable The Lost Chapters but I cannot finish it on my own and certain enemies are too hard for me. When the second fable game came out I found it so much easier and was really proud of myself for completing it without any help. There aren't many games out there I can play without someone helping me so it's partly why I love this series :D