• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HELP! Fable Programming...

• Thread starter FemaleHeroOfOakvale
  • Start date
F

FemaleHeroOfOakvale

HELP! Fable Programming...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would direct me in some programs that would help me make my own game (variation) of Fable. I have been planning for some time now a game I will entitle 'Project Egotistical' :D until I get closer to polishing it up. I am fairly good at C++ and I would like to know if there are any programs (graphical, audio, and basically anything worth mentioning) and/or tutorials that I could use to make this a Fable-esque as possible without completely ripping content. My goal is to -yes, rip it- then expand on it and make it better than the original. Do not worry about whether my budget or computer can handle them, because -trust me- they can. :) And if you would like to know what my project is about before contributing, I will divulge that it is a complete REVAMP of the original Fable we all love, plus a few (a LOT) of extra content of which my sketchbooks and notebooks are overflowing. My heart is truly in this, so please help if you can.

edit: this is not a mod of Fable, this is a whole new game I am programming from the ground up with an engine I am writing and/or engines/programs you will mention.

F

FemaleHeroOfOakvale

Re: HELP! Fable Programming...

Thank you! And actually I'm not trying to mod Fable (not really my cup of tea, I'm OCD and need everything editable to my liking haha), I'm planning to make my own version of Fable from the ground up, coding and meshing and writing scripts and texturing and whatnot. I realize that it will take a long laborious time and I'm prepared for it. And I actually do have the DirectX SDK and I am in the process of familiarizing. :)

Efrain

Reaction score
im new to modding fable and well im tryng to something similar with d difference that what im making is an expantion pack for the game that will make it well a whole new game with tons of new content maybe we can work toguether

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
What camera style are you looking for? First Person, Third Person, Isometric, 2D Top Down, 2D Side Scrolling? Without a team dedicated to assets you won't get anywhere near fable's quality.