• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Help" I Started A New Game, & Well ... + Other Questions

GameN3RD

Reaction score
Hello Fable Community

I beat the game already and I started a new playthough, this anyways I haven't got far yet but I notice the npcs are talking about things I did on my other playthough (Default 1 and I'm playing on (Default 2). Is there anyway to fix this it's quite annoying?

Other Questions

2# ~ Since I beat the game & started new, I read somewhere (don't remember) that things change during the second playthough then in the first one, is this true or false?

3# ~ Can I still buy "Fable III" for the PC off websites like amazon.ca ETC and able to play it?

4# ~ Is it worth buying Xbox 360 to be able to play "Fable II" since it's not for pc, I really love the series but I'm mainly PC gamer, however I do own a ps3.

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Good questions.
I beat the game already and I started a new playthough, this anyways I haven't got far yet but I notice the npcs are talking about things I did on my other playthough (Default 1 and I'm playing on (Default 2). Is there anyway to fix this it's quite annoying?
No known fix. Extremely annoying. Only real solution is to only have the one profile. Again, extremely annoying. Hopefully fixed in the Anniversary edition that will hopefully be ported to PC.

2# ~ Since I beat the game & started new, I read somewhere (don't remember) that things change during the second playthough then in the first one, is this true or false?
Both. If you play the game in the exact same way, false. Everything will be the same. If you change up some of your decision making, things can get different. But, it is a linear game, and that means you'll end up in the same place regardless and the experience itself is largely unchanged. If you take into consideration the more important decisions in the game, some people might be more dead or more alive than they were in your first play through.

3# ~ Can I still buy "Fable III" for the PC off websites like amazon.ca ETC and able to play it?
Yep. The game doesn't have an expiration date.

4# ~ Is it worth buying Xbox 360 to be able to play "Fable II" since it's not for pc, I really love the series but I'm mainly PC gamer, however I do own a ps3.
Depends on who you ask. If you ask me, if Fable II is the only 360 game you'll have for that console, not worth it. If you intend to get more games for it, then absolutely. Lots of good games for the 360. Haven't played them myself, seeing as how I'm a PC guy as well and prefer not to bother with consoles.

GameN3RD

Reaction score
Good questions.

No known fix. Extremely annoying. Only real solution is to only have the one profile. Again, extremely annoying. Hopefully fixed in the Anniversary edition that will hopefully be ported to PC.

Both. If you play the game in the exact same way, false. Everything will be the same. If you change up some of your decision making, things can get different. But, it is a linear game, and that means you'll end up in the same place regardless and the experience itself is largely unchanged. If you take into consideration the more important decisions in the game, some people might be more dead or more alive than they were in your first play through.

Yep. The game doesn't have an expiration date.

Depends on who you ask. If you ask me, if Fable II is the only 360 game you'll have for that console, not worth it. If you intend to get more games for it, then absolutely. Lots of good games for the 360. Haven't played them myself, seeing as how I'm a PC guy as well and prefer not to bother with consoles.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I only have 1 more question, whats the difference between "Fable TLC" & "Fable Anniversary" I just assumed TLC was PC version of anniversary.

If I was to get 360, I would most likely get the "Fable Series" "Halo Series" and some other games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my questions.

I only have 1 more question, whats the difference between "Fable TLC" & "Fable Anniversary" I just assumed TLC was PC version of anniversary.

Anniversary is a HD remastered version of TLC featuring overhauled HD graphics, a new updated User Interface, a new save system and incorporates achievements into it as well as uncompressed and in surround sound music.

Plenty more great series on the Xbox 360 other than Fable & Halo thats for sure.

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Anniversary also has various other content not present in TLC, so it's more than a facelift. And yes, lots of games I would love to be playing that are exclusive to console or specifically the 360, so if you're serious about getting more games later on then it's worth doing.

GameN3RD

Reaction score
Hello again folks, sorry of this next question since its off-topic.

I've been looking @ other games that from what I read are smiler to "Fable" some of them have karma choices and some don't, I do prefer games like "Fable" with karma choices.

Which of the following games is worth getting and worth getting first.

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Arcania: Gothic 4

Two Worlds (I have this already but lost the CD disc's, but I don't mind buying it again)

Other games I have tried before but never really got into but I still plan on playing them someday,

Dragon Age (Series)

The Elder Scrolls (Series) Expect For Skyrim which I play and beat, never tried the DLC but sadly I don't remember my old steam account or any info)

Well other games that I looked @ and not sure if they are worth getting.

Black & Whie (Series)

Anyways, as for the games I first listed if I were to get them should I get stranded or delux or collectors & w/e else there is.

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
I prefer standard. Regular, plain, unexciting. When a game is coming out, sure, I can pay an extra ridiculous sum of money for an in-game trinket that I'll probably never use. Or, I could save myself some money and get the regular game.

Can't go wrong with TES, and the expansions for Skyrim are really worth playing if you enjoyed the game.
Dragon Age, eh, a lot of people like it though so perhaps you will too. It just didn't do it for me.
Kingdoms of Amalur. My god. I loved it. The mechanics of it click just right for me. The story is kind of interesting too, which is always a plus.
Black & White, not really my kind of thing, but a lot of people enjoyed those games.
Two Worlds, that game was really, really hard for me to get into. I honestly regretted the purchase.

GameN3RD

Reaction score
I prefer standard. Regular, plain, unexciting. When a game is coming out, sure, I can pay an extra ridiculous sum of money for an in-game trinket that I'll probably never use. Or, I could save myself some money and get the regular game.

Can't go wrong with TES, and the expansions for Skyrim are really worth playing if you enjoyed the game.
Dragon Age, eh, a lot of people like it though so perhaps you will too. It just didn't do it for me.
Kingdoms of Amalur. My god. I loved it. The mechanics of it click just right for me. The story is kind of interesting too, which is always a plus.
Black & White, not really my kind of thing, but a lot of people enjoyed those games.
Two Worlds, that game was really, really hard for me to get into. I honestly regretted the purchase.

Are the DLC's worth getting for Kingdoms of Amalur? I don't really care for the Armor/Weapons bundle, I rather play the game first and beat it. Then I might get the armors/weapons.

GameN3RD

Reaction score
Can't decied which to get first "Two Words II" or or "Kingdoms of Amalur" Both look really grate, the combat for TWII looks bad ass, both stranded versions are $20,00 each, I would get both but I rather stick with one for now, or should I get both to be on the safe side, in case they no longer become avaiable like "cough ... cough" "Fable 3"

I'm not wasting $60.00+ for F3 pc version.

Is Xbox 360 worth taking the risk, I heard that 30-40% of xbos 360s have problems ETC, I really would love to get all the fable games for xbox 360 and even the hale games + others, I kinda bored of my ps3 I rarely play it anymore.

PS ~ Is Divinity Series worth getting?

Last edited:

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you anything about KoA DLC. I just don't know. And I couldn't tell you anything about the Divinity Series.

Full disclosure, I work at a pawn shop. Here's what you can do. You can take your PS3 and games to a pawn shop, sell them, buy a 360 on the cheap as well as every Fable and Halo game they have. I don't know about most stores, but our 360s were cheap and we had a full stock of Fable games for both console and PC. And an added benefit is that you know the 360 works, someone used it for a long time before selling it so it must work. Still, if offered an insurance plan, get it. You might be able to do all this at a Gamestop too, might even get a better deal, I don't know. Definitely shop around and don't think you have to buy everything new. You can save money going used.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Can't decied which to get first "Two Words II" or or "Kingdoms of Amalur"

Is Xbox 360 worth taking the risk, I heard that 30-40% of xbos 360s have problems ETC, I really would love to get all the fable games for xbox 360 and even the hale games + others, I kinda bored of my ps3 I rarely play it anymore.

Heard good things about Kingdoms of Amalur & some people enjoyed Dragon Age series (I wasn't one of them) however I did enjoy Biowares Mass Effect series.

Lots of people seem to enjoy the Dark Souls games too if you like a challenge. Haven't played any myself as of yet but they sound good.

Another I haven't played myself but read good reviews for is Diablo III.

I did however purchase The Witcher II on 360 & thought it was excellent so I would recommend it.

Also most the 360's issued have been ironed out by now unless you find a really old model. I haven't had one issue with my slim model at all & took 5 years for my launch 360 to get RROD. They also come with a warranty from Microsoft if you purchase one new.