• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help with FreeRoam Wad Extraction

What was your experience?

• I have had an error, though the extraction still worked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not had an error, though the extraction has failed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I have tried time and time again to extract the FinalAlbion.Wad, though every time I get an unexpected error and nothing changes in either the Levels folder or the Extraction Folder.
I have all .net frameworks installed which are currently in existence, as well as a powerful computer.
Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it would allow me to start modding this game to the maximum extent I can.
I will add a poll so anyone that visits this thread may see that other people have the same issue, and so may donate a small amount of time to post something... preferably of help.

IMesh.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Define Extract.
As in, when you click the RIP button after loading the Wad. View attachment 489
The only thing that changes is I get a new folder in the extraction location titled "Levels" with a sub folder "FinalAlbion" and one .lev file, that being LookoutPoint.
I will upload an image of the error I receive in a moment, when it inevitably fails again.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Try getting the net framework again, and make sure it's the right one. Also..what OS do you have?

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I reinstalled my .net frameworks again and have had no luck.
I'm running on Windows XP.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
As in, when you click the RIP button after loading the Wad. View attachment 489
The only thing that changes is I get a new folder in the extraction location titled "Levels" with a sub folder "FinalAlbion" and one .lev file, that being LookoutPoint.
I will upload an image of the error I receive in a moment, when it inevitably fails again.
So you get the folder? but you only get one .lev inside of it before the error occurs? Have you used freeroam before? this the first time it's happened?

Are you making sure you're doing it ABOVE the level folder?

"12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder"

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Are you using the Steam version? A few people have been having issues with the Steam version.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
No, I have the retail version of the game. It is a legitimate copy I bought from EB games when I was visiting Queensland.
Also, I am extracting to the DATA folder above levels, though the new folder appears inside the levels folder strangely enough.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
well, Iunno what to tell you, I've had a backup of my Levels folder FOREVER, in case of bad-happenings. I've given you all I got. :C

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Sorry, I've fixed the issue now.
I reinstalled fable and ran chocolate box before trying to use freeroam and surprisingly enough it worked.
I really should have thought of that earlier, but still thanks for the help.