• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Heroes getting weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
Heroes getting weaker.

I just realized this recently, since your hero isn't having kids with other heroes your kids will be less of a hero. So from 1/2 hero to 1/4 hero etc...

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: Heroes getting weaker.

Maybe sparrow marries hammer but we don't see it Lol. Wtb, look at the bright side, we still get to run a country

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

This is one of those issues that's so minor, it doesn't really matter, and it's never even thought about or addressed by Lionhead. It's the same thing with the Saiyans in DBZ, although that bothers me significantly more than the topic presented here.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, like how Gohan can be stronger than a full blood Saiyan, or at the end of DBZ or GT I forget, how Vegeta Jr/Goku Jr. are only 1/16 but can go super saiyan.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Silent420;369916 said:
at the end of DBZ or GT I forget, how Vegeta Jr/Goku Jr. are only 1/16 but can go super saiyan.

It was GT, but yes, that part was mostly what comes to mind.

RedDead

Master Of Puppets
Reaction score

In logic they would get weaker.
But sometimes you just got to throw logic out the window.

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

Well Scarlet Robe only married a woodcutter and the hero of oakvale just married a civilian. I reckon it's that super-awsome Archon blood that sets you apart. Plus, in the absence of heroes and Old Kingdom Technology, there's a lot more mana to be used by those who can harness it and that is the primary source of your power.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Heroes are not born; they are made.

Azer249

Reaction score

^ agreed :p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

droded;369938 said:

yes, with great power comes great resp....heroes.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

considering how scarlet robe married a non-hero, and the hero most likely didnt marry a hero, and about (considering 25 as an average age to give birth, 25 x 20 = 500 years)20 births down the line the fraction of hero power would be pretty small.
but as we know, sparrow is quite a powerful hero.

the most reasonable answer i think is the archons bloodline, and the fact the hero's blood was reawakened in the guild. thus reactivation the heroes blood.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

droded;369938 said:

I was going to suggest that the purity of heroic blood has bears little weight and it's more about whether or not you have it at all, but this works too.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Considering all heros are descended from William Black, I doubt the hero gene is impossible or at least difficult to dilute.

And that's based on an assumption about the nature of being a hero anyway. Maybe everyone has hero powers, but they just come at different levels? Who knows?

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

I didn't know they were all decended from t'old Scyth, I thought it was just Nostro, Scarlet and your good self (selves).

Elusive

the Swift
Reaction score

WanderingWizard: You can read this post for (theoretical?) information about that.
Personally, I'm positive all heroes came from Scythe. I mean, besides the obvious connection with him and the first Archon/king/hero, he's just a badass. Not that that's much of a reason, but eh.

On topic: I have no idea what actually happens, but I don't think the blood of the hero and the blood of a regular person would just 'mix' per se, but that the heroic blood would just sort of take over the regular blood. If that makes any sense at all; basically the heroic blood is so strong it doesn't matter if you try to mix it with other blood.

Also, if you read the second half of this post, it states that people could simply not be aware of their heroic blood, because they don't have the sort of need to awaken it as you have in past games due to something tragic. That, and it's possible the blood just manifests itself in different ways. So, it might be possible you're marrying a hero, just someone who is not the same 'type' of hero as you.

EDIT: Another theory might be that the hero blood is present in everyone, yet in some people, like you, it manifests, while other people are simply carriers of the blood.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

500 years passed between Fable 1 and 2, and we haven't heard anything about any heroes related to the hero of Oakvale in between.

I guess it's sorta like cancer? it can skip a couple of generations...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

When a a hero has a child. The child has half the genes of the hero. But when the child grows up and has a child of its own, it doesnt necessarily mean a 1/4 of the original hero. It could have the same half its parent got.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^but sparrow wasnt a full hero he was 1/2

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^How did you come to that conclusion?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

well, the person who made this thread said he was 1/2 didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.