• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Heroes of Lionhead

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well, I think this is the perfect time to honor the folks of Lionhead and their ongoing legacy. Most know its history far better than I and in that regard I encourage you to post below of the people who stole our childhood.

First I'd like to mention Kiki Wolfkill. She helped work on the original Fable for Xbox and went on to become head of 343i the makers of the new Halo trilogy. She is quite famous in the Microsoft fan base in that respect. It was women like herself that made the Fable what it was. Without their visions there would have been no female heroes, no getting married, and no charm in Albion to pair its magic. Molynuex had to even put his foot down and cancel pregnancy and childbirth mechanics in the game. This is the reason every woman whose touched a controller mentions Fables as their favorite games and when people say there is a problem in the industry I always try to sell them on Fable.

I'd also like to mention
Demis Hassabis. He is what you can think of as an OG (original gangster). He worked for Bullfrog and Lionhead, most notably he was responsible for the Ai in the franchise known as Black and White, a God game. The reason there are no remakes of Black and White was because his code was legendary and could not be reproduced even to this day. He has just made world history as his incredible coding has created an Ai that has beaten the world champion Go player twice now. Go is a game commonly referred to as chinese checkers. Chess was relatively easy to beat by past Ai because it had a small number of possible moves, so an Ai could calculate 8 moves ahead and so on until it became unbeatable. Go however has hundreds of possible moves making anticipating the next move until now impossible. Japan had spent millions of dollars and decades of research and concluded that it could not be done. He claims that his Ai will replace half of all jobs in the next 30 years and he intends to solve the problem of Intelligence in machine learning. You can read about this historic breakthrough here: http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/10/11192774/demis-hassabis-interview-alphago-google-deepmind-ai

Lionhead created rich lush worlds but it was only possible because of the incredible talent and ambition they had. Please use this thread to share your honorable mentions.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Will add my list when I get to my computer (at work computer currently) but no matter what happens we shall live on forever in the Fable II credits & I thank them for including us.

EDIT* Shall always have fond memories of Sam Van Tilburgh, Ted Timmins, Christopher Hohbein, Craig Oman & Ben Brooks. Always up for sending us things for giveaways & answering our interviews.​

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
we shall live on forever in the Fable II credits & I thank them for including us. :lol:

I was so damn proud of that moment, I liked Fable so much I actually sat through the credits:p
zarkesfab2.jpg
I can still remember a time when sequels weren't a given.

Actually, what's pretty cool to me is when you type in 'fable font' on google my art is first on the first page, feels good man.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Countless great memories running these forums over the last 10 years, I shall be forever grateful for every member who has contributed anything to us over that time and spent their free time posting here with us. I learned so much helping out here and we wouldnt have existed without Fable series back then and the concept of 'ProjectEgo'.

Reaction score
I just found out Lionhead Studios closed. I am so sad now. I thought you guys would be open forever.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just found out Lionhead Studios closed. I am so sad now. I thought you guys would be open forever.

The team will likely move onto other projects now and create a new studio with some of its members im sure.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about the Unreal engine but it gets everyone shut down. This is why I believe making games has become an astronomical undertaking. Every iota has to be made from scratch. Which is why the community absolutely does not allow modding of any kind. Fable was meant to be a much different game.