• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hi I am new at this game.....having crashing problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Driftwood

Hi I am new at this game.....having crashing problems please help

I get through really good with the game until maze talks to me back in oakvale and tells me about the Bandits and when I try to walk it just freezes and then it crashes my puter I have upgraded everything that can be upgraded on my puter............but when I leave where the ocean is I can still play through the rest of the towns ..........but when I go back to oakvale and go towards the ocean it crashes again .......please help

Compaq Presario
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1.80 GHz
512 MB of Ram
Ati Radeon 9200 Pro

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Hi I am new at this game.....having crashing problems please help

Welcome to the forums heres afew things to try first of all.

1. Try downloading the latest drivers for your GFX Card

2. Do you have a soundblaster card (if so download latest drivers for that aswel)

3. Are you using Windows Blinds (incase you dont know what it is
Windows Blind is a program that changes the look of Windows by changing all the buttons and the textures of windows. If you have it running it will show up in your task manager as wbload.exe) If so try disabling that if all else fails.

D

Driftwood

Dark Drakan said:
Welcome to the forums heres afew things to try first of all.

1. Try downloading the latest drivers for your GFX Card

2. Do you have a soundblaster card (if so download latest drivers for that aswel)

3. Are you using Windows Blinds (incase you dont know what it is
Windows Blind is a program that changes the look of Windows by changing all the buttons and the textures of windows. If you have it running it will show up in your task manager as wbload.exe) If so try disabling that if all else fails.
Ok, as far as I can see I am not using windows blinds and I don't know how to go about downloading my latest driver for my GFX card ........sorry can you help I'd really appreciate it.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Fable used to crash for me during the arena because I used the key glitch, have you exploited any of the glitches in the game no matter how small, it could have corrupted your gamesave which would explain the crashing? You could try lowering the texture, effects, shadows and refresh rate in the game options to see if that helps as well...

While I'm here... is you disc clean?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Driftwood said:
Ok, as far as I can see I am not using windows blinds and I don't know how to go about downloading my latest driver for my GFX card ........sorry can you help I'd really appreciate it.

Go to ATI's website and find latest driver downloads for your card.

D

Driftwood

Dark Drakan said:
Go to ATI's website and find latest driver downloads for your card.
I don't know what the problem is but I still can't play this game ........I can go anywhere in the game except for when I start looking for the bandits and then the screen just goes black but I can still hear the sounds of the game and there is not an upgrade for my graphics card ....so I don't know what to do........to look for my windows blinds I just click on task manager right?.....and if so then I can't see it anywhere ........so it must be my graphics card..but I don't have any problems with other microsoft games and the graphics card that I have was just put into my puter in December 2005........I just don't know what to do:blush:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Driftwood said:
I don't know what the problem is but I still can't play this game ........I can go anywhere in the game except for when I start looking for the bandits and then the screen just goes black but I can still hear the sounds of the game and there is not an upgrade for my graphics card ....so I don't know what to do........to look for my windows blinds I just click on task manager right?.....and if so then I can't see it anywhere ........so it must be my graphics card..but I don't have any problems with other microsoft games and the graphics card that I have was just put into my puter in December 2005........I just don't know what to do:blush:

You done the type dxdiag in run menu and ran GFX card tests?

D

Driftwood

Dark Drakan said:
You done the type dxdiag in run menu and ran GFX card tests?
Ok I ran the dxdiag and everything said no problems ........but how do I test my GFX card??

Status
Not open for further replies.