• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Add-ons.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Add-ons.

Collector's Edition Content
FABLEX360CE.jpg

Content:

• A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
  • Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
  • “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
  • Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world Product Research & Selection forever.
  • A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
  • One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.

Pre-Order Content
Here's all the pre-order incentives:

• Exclusive Tattoo - The Tattoo morphs as you morph; so the color will change depending on your alignment. For magic users, the tattoo will also become a will line when you use magic will lines. Finally, it will also increase your attractiveness toward NPCs, and it can be used to complete a specific quest in Aurora .
  • Exclusive Sword – With a history linked to Fable 2 through Reaver, it is evil and gets bonuses for killing innocents, spending money and annoying people, just like the Reaver.
bonus_fable3_tattoo&sword_large.jpg

As listed on JBHiFiOnline.com, this Australian preorder will contain an Xbox LIVE code for exclusive in-game the downloadable:

• The Channeler: A Sword used by Garth said to deal magical damage with each strike.
  • The Crystal Tattoo set.
NEW!: It's also available to American bia BestBuy.com!

cat_fable-offer-2.jpg

As listed on Games.co.uk, this pre-order content will contain an Xbox LIVE code for exclusive in-game the downloadable:

• The Dragonbreath Tattoo Set: You will be able to customize your in-game character with a variety of Dragonbreath tattoos!
  • The Absolver: After Lucien was defeated, Hammer took this weapon and wreaked vengeance on evil in the name of her Father.
w_fable_img_v2.jpg

As listed on Amazon.com, this and nearly all other pre-orders will contain an Xbox LIVE code for exclusive in-game the downloadable:

• "A code to see a villager you've created come to life in the game. Start designing your character today at www.xbox.com/fable3 and we'll send you a code within 10 days before the game releases."
  • Your Villager can be designed by clicking this link! Please note that once you enter your pre-order code to save your villager, you will not be able to make any further changes!
  • This content is also packaged with many other pre-order bonuses. Please make sure to check each retailer's pre-order listing to see if it is included!
toplogo2.jpg

Fable: The Balverine Order (Book)

The days of magic and adventure are fading away, giving way to the age of industry and science. As the aged last Hero sits upon the throne of Albion, two friends-the privileged Thomas and his loyal servant, John- set out for the East in search of a legendary beast: the vicious, rarely-seen balverine. But their desire for adventure may be their ultimate undoing-because their quarry has just found them...
As shown on this Amazon.com listing, the purchase of this book will contain an Xbox LIVE code for exclusive in-game the downloadable:

• As a bonus for fans, the novel will include a code to redeem an exclusive weapon players will then be able to use.
  • More information and pictures of the weapon as they become available
51CsxGKEYgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Controller Content
controller.jpg

As listed here on Lionhead's website, "The Fable III Limited Edition Wireless Controller begins shipping to retailers on Oct. 5 and will be available for $59.99 (USD), just in time for the Oct. 26 launch of Fable III, while supplies last.
Outfitted in collectible packaging, the controller comes with an Xbox LIVE token for:

• An exclusive in-game downloadable tattoo set to further customize your hero’s appearance:
fable3controllerBonus.jpg
*Thanks to Lunar for the picture
May be pre-ordered/purchased at the following websites (please note that other retailers may sell them as well!):

NEW!
A seen on Xbox.com

A new weapon, the ShardBorne sword!

"Said to have been forged from a piece of Shard, this weapon is imbued with the power of the Tattered Spire itself. "

Just to clarify, this guide was NOT made by me, but by ThreeFuries at Lionhead Forums

Contributors to this article:

coco popsicle
Lunar

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Add-ons.

Lets see, I'm getting the following:

Limited Edition of Fable III.

Reaver's sword and the tattoo.

The Balverine Order.

Aaaaand... if I'm lucky, I might be able to get the controller but I'll have to talk my grandparents into throwing a couple dollars my way.

Lets just hope they make the pre-order bonuses trade-able. I like collecting junk I know I'll never use.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428543 said:
Lets see, I'm getting the following:

Limited Edition of Fable III.

Reaver's sword and the tattoo.

The Balverine Order.

Aaaaand... if I'm lucky, I might be able to get the controller but I'll have to talk my grandparents into throwing a couple dollars my way.

Lets just hope they make the pre-order bonuses trade-able. I like collecting junk I know I'll never use.

If they don't, I'll trade the tattoo's you get in the Controller for Reaver's stuff.

Pinky Promise peasant?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;428546 said:
If they don't, I'll trade the tattoo's you get in the Controller for Reaver's stuff.

Pinky Promise peasant?

Call me a peasant again and you won't have any pinkies to promise with.

Also, are you asking me to trade you Reaver's stuff for the bonus tattoos in the controller? Or the other way around?

Because if I get the controller I won't need either since I'm already guaranteed to get Reaver's junk.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428549 said:
Call me a peasant again and you won't have any pinkies to promise with.

Also, are you asking me to trade you Reaver's stuff for the bonus tattoos in the controller? Or the other way around?

Because if I get the controller I won't need either since I'm already guaranteed to get Reaver's junk.

I have the controller pre-ordered, and there's no pre-order incentives here, so...

EDIT: Oh and I also said if you can't buy the book. Otherwise it would be pointless.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I don't know how you guys can plan on spending so much money on a game before it has come out. Those of you who buy all the extra content will be pretty ****ed if you don't like the game.

Also, I thought that it was funny that Amazon crossed out $59.99 and replaced it with $59.96 for Fable III. It probably cost them more money to cross out the $59.99 that they'll make from "cutting the price".

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

POOP;428554 said:
I don't know how you guys can plan on spending so much money on a game before it has come out. Those of you who buy all the extra content will be pretty ****ed if you don't like the game.

Also, I thought that it was funny that Amazon crossed out $59.99 and replaced it with $59.96 for Fable III. It probably cost them more money to cross out the $59.99 that they'll make from "cutting the price".
Have faith peasant.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Letzeeee,

Limited edition.
Reavers junk.
and ze controller. Yup yup.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;428550 said:
I have the controller pre-ordered, and there's no pre-order incentives here, so...

EDIT: Oh and I also said if you can't buy the book. Otherwise it would be pointless.

You've confused me.

But this gives me the chance to ask something; do I have to pre-order the controller in order to get the tattoo? Or can I purchase it whenever and still get it? I figure if it's the latter, I can wait a while and then get it since I doubt everyone will be flying to their local GameStop and buying it up.

If it's the former... well, that sucks but I might be able to trade a few more things in to get it. I don't really care that much about the tattoo but that golden design is so wicked.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428560 said:
You've confused me.

But this gives me the chance to ask something; do I have to pre-order the controller in order to get the tattoo? Or can I purchase it whenever and still get it? I figure if it's the latter, I can wait a while and then get it since I doubt everyone will be flying to their local GameStop and buying it up.

If it's the former... well, that sucks but I might be able to trade a few more things in to get it. I don't really care that much about the tattoo but that golden design is so wicked.

Its the later. You don't pre-order controllers homedawg.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

POOP;428554 said:

Normally, I would NEVER spend this much on any game but there comes a time when a game looks so amazing that it's worth my poor ass blowing everything I've got just to get it. Besides, the videos alone have been quite enough proof to show us that it's going to be great. The clothes look better, the game has a darker atmosphere about it while still retaining some of that classic Brit humor and they've drastically improved gameplay (from the looks it anyways).

Also, I'd much rather invest money into it now and be disappointed later than not put a penny into it then finding out it's the greatest game ever and the extra stuff makes it even more so.

But as I said before, it's very, very rare for me to invest so much in a single game and it's not likely to happen again.

Wallace;428558 said:
Letzeeee,

Limited edition.
Reavers junk.
and ze controller. Yup yup.

No book? You get an exclusive new weapon with the book that may or may not be epic. Not to mention it also happens to be the cheapest thing out of all the bonus junk. Plus! It's light reading material that may (or may not) hype you up even more for Fable III.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Wallace;428561 said:
Its the later. You don't pre-order controllers homedawg.

Ah, I see. I always thought it was a little silly to pre-order a controller of all things. All I can hope now is that I can get there on or around October 5th and that I have enough to purchase the dang thing.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428565 said:
Normally, I would NEVER spend this much on any game but there comes a time when a game looks so amazing that it's worth my poor ass blowing everything I've got just to get it. Besides, the videos alone have been quite enough proof to show us that it's going to be great. The clothes look better, the game has a darker atmosphere about it while still retaining some of that classic Brit humor and they've drastically improved gameplay (from the looks it anyways).

Also, I'd much rather invest money into it now and be disappointed later than not put a penny into it then finding out it's the greatest game ever and the extra stuff makes it even more so.

But as I said before, it's very, very rare for me to invest so much in a single game and it's not likely to happen again.

No book? You get an exclusive new weapon with the book that may or may not be epic. Not to mention it also happens to be the cheapest thing out of all the bonus junk. Plus! It's light reading material that may (or may not) hype you up even more for Fable III.

Ill just get the weapon from somebody else. As I said, I don't read books based on games or for games.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Wallace;428572 said:
Ill just get the weapon from somebody else. As I said, I don't read books based on games or for games.

Believe it or not, the books tend to be a lot better than one would think. Movies based on games or vice versa are terrible and that's a fact but books are much, much different.

Also, there's still the chance we may not be able to trade the weapons, tattoos, etc. from the pre-order bonuses and what not.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Limited Collectors Edition
Balverine order bonus (ordered)
Hammer's Stuff pre order bonus

if possible, willing to trade hammer's stuff for any other pre order bonus (preferably Garth's)

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score

Just to make sure I got this right... if you pre-order in the US you get Reaver's sword, but if you pre-order in Australia you get Garth's sword? If this is the case, I feel gyped. Garth is about 1,000 times cooler than that annoying a-hole.

halfgod

Reaction score

im mad about this.....
i dont want to spend 100+ euros on fable to get everything!
Listen to me Peter Molyneux, i hate you for what youre doing, why can't you be like Bungie?!

Okay I know this comment will not change anything (because you only want money!)
So heres my question: Will there be a game of the year edition (with all the content and then i mean all the add-ons,swords tattoo's etc.) ????

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

halfgod;429157 said:
im mad about this.....
i dont want to spend 100+ euros on fable to get everything!
Listen to me Peter Molyneux, i hate you for what youre doing, why can't you be like Bungie?!

Okay I know this comment will not change anything (because you only want money!)
So heres my question: Will there be a game of the year edition (with all the content and then i mean all the add-ons,swords tattoo's etc.) ????

Look peasant, if Lionhead were even a little bit like bungie, we would have:
Fable, Fable The Lost Chapters, Pub Games, Fable II, Fable Wars, Fable: Guard, Fable III, Fable: The Old Kingdom. That's just for the games.

We would also have Fable: The Trading Card Game, Fable Action Figures made by both Joyride AND Mcfarlane, Fable LEGO.

Not to mention we'd have the normal, collector's and Archon's edition of all the above games.

So tell me, doyou really want Lionhead to be more like bungie?

halfgod

Reaction score

first off, stfu with the peasant thing, it's really annoying.
second, yes i would like that, i think that every one of the halo games is a good FULL game.

Fable 3 isnt even like a game with add-ons anymore. Its more like if you want the full game, you should collect them all! (I dont want a freaking pokemon game, jk)

And i still dont got my questopn answered.....

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

halfgod;429558 said:
second, yes i would like that, i think that every one of the halo games is a good FULL game.

Fable 3 isnt even like a game with add-ons anymore. Its more like if you want the full game, you should collect them all! (I dont want a freaking pokemon game, jk)

halfgod;429558 said:

Look, pesant, the TYRANT badge there just below my name. See it? It means I am entitled to call you, or whoever I want, a dirty pesant. So deal with it.

Second, You THINK that, that is opinion, not fact. My OPINION is that Halo has long overstayed it's welcome.

About your question, the game hasn't been released, and you want a Platinum aready? Wait till' about April, 2011 at leat.

However, don't expect the pre-order stuf to be included, neither the LCE's stuff. Because, well, you didn't get the stuff from Pub Games or the Otherworldly Pack in the GotY Fable II did you?

Hope that helped peasant. Oh and if you ever write to me like that again, well, let's just say you won't OK?