• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hostel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Hostel

Okay, who here has seen Hostel? The movie that has been dubbed as a mix between Euro Trip and Saw. I never thought a movie could suck so hard and rule so much at the same time. The first half, being the most sleep-inducing half hour of the film was rather dull, however when the 'Saw' element kicked in then the movie seemed to do a complete 360 and recapture my interest.

Seeing that already imfamous scene with the Japanese girl had me feeling uneasy, especially when...
MAJOR SPOILER
The film's hero had to cut out her eye with scissors, ewww.

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do mainly because it's probably the single most gory filmd I've seen to date. I'm keen to hear your opinions.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Hostel

Heard its quite sick in places and alot of people walked out of the cinema :lol: want to watch it though.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I seen the movie ages ago, like way back in January and I felt that it was highly over rated but a decent enough show. There was nowhere near enough visceral gore or disturbing scenes for my liking. Chicks were hot though and....

the scene where the Japanese girl is getting her face blowtorched to high hell is wicked cool... I also hear Tarintino and Takashi Mike make cameo appearences. The little hint to Pulp Fiction and Tarintino as presenter of the film was a nice tough too...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Strange how i heard NOTHING about it until i saw 1 advert for it. I didnt hear any hype at all :hmm: just watched it round steves and have to say i thought it was a good movie :p

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Maybe it was trying to hide from you. :ninja:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Trust me, it has been hyped as the uber gore fest of the century, touted as being the next Texas Chainsaw Massacre in terms of macbre and spun out of all proportion by people so gore starved its scary. In saying that though it wasnt all that atrocious, it had its good points. I just felt they needed a hell of a lot more blood and viscerality for it to have been what everybody made it out to be.

:lol:

C

Crazyarms

Sounds like a good movie. Do you know if i can get it here in the US?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
Maybe it was trying to hide from you. :ninja:

Must have done as like i said id never heard of it until i saw that one advert on TV and thought hmm that looks good.

Crazyarms said:
Sounds like a good movie. Do you know if i can get it here in the US?

I would have thought it would be released there yes, just have to look out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.