• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

House improvement? Furniture, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
Anyone got any good tips for our delightful houses? I would love to surprise my wife with some new shiny upper class furniture, I don't think she'll be impressed by my broken or average shelves and tables...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
To be honest, just buy better furniture. You also can dig up some nice bits like rugs and pictures - or sometimes find them in chests/be given them as gifts. If I'm lazy or pushed for time, I get Jasper to decorate for me but if I do it meself, I can change the wallpaper and replace furniture as I like it.

The furniture store in Bowerstone Market always has a fairly good selection of decorative and luxury items so keep revisiting it until it has what you're looking for.

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
But I can't find good furniture, the stores only have broken and average even though I buy tons of furniture.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's...weird. At what stage are you in the game? Could it be to do with your choices, perhaps?

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
That's...weird. At what stage are you in the game? Could it be to do with your choices, perhaps?
No quests left. Done everything. And still my houses look like the gypsy camp... How dreadful.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
that's a bit nuts...are there any choices you made specifically that could affect it? Or perhaps economy is low?

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
that's a bit nuts...are there any choices you made specifically that could affect it? Or perhaps economy is low?
I made all the good choices, and I've played so much that the streets are flocking again, they have for a long time now. Everyone likes me and the economy is good. Sad face.

The Gray Fox

The Thief
Reaction score
I made all the good choices, and I've played so much that the streets are flocking again, they have for a long time now. Everyone likes me and the economy is good. Sad face.

I did only find bad furniture before and after I´ve became queen (two characters) On my male character, I bought the ugly broken furniture and then after a while better and better furniture showed up. In the end luxury furniture came up. This was before I became king.

Anyways, a another way is to buy the houses is Millfeild and change their luxury furniture to the damn broken furniture. In that way you gain some luxury furniture but loose some money.

If you want nice paintings, try to dig up or earn the portraits of Ben Finn, Major Swift,Logan,Sir Walter,Theresa,Eliott/Elise,Sabine and so on. And must truly think they count as an better painting than the small random paintings you can find everywhere else.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
At the start all they had is crappy furniture, later on the quality improved.
Adding to this I really liked the house decoration in F3, it was much more indepth. I put vases of flowers like everywhere.

Faedil

Reaction score
try putting more money into the treasury, and make sure rent prices are normal and stuff like that. the stock at furniture stores is connected to the economy (i believe). thats all i can think of.

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
try putting more money into the treasury, and make sure rent prices are normal and stuff like that. the stock at furniture stores is connected to the economy (i believe). thats all i can think of.
I have 15M in the treasury... But thanks anyway.

TheGreenAlloy

Reaction score
I did only find bad furniture before and after I´ve became queen (two characters) On my male character, I bought the ugly broken furniture and then after a while better and better furniture showed up. In the end luxury furniture came up. This was before I became king.

Anyways, a another way is to buy the houses is Millfeild and change their luxury furniture to the damn broken furniture. In that way you gain some luxury furniture but loose some money.

If you want nice paintings, try to dig up or earn the portraits of Ben Finn, Major Swift,Logan,Sir Walter,Theresa,Eliott/Elise,Sabine and so on. And must truly think they count as an better painting than the small random paintings you can find everywhere else.
Thanks, will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.