• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do I buy a house?

• Thread starter joshuaksullivan
  • Start date
J

joshuaksullivan

How do I buy a house?

I have searched and searched but nothing will tell me how to actually transact buying a house or other property for that matter. I know this is something everyone probably knows, except me. lol Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: How do I buy a house?

Provided you have the cash you can buy a house in every town - on your mini map you will have a house icon over a building that is for sale. Outside the house is a sign which when selected will ask you if you wish to buy it. Agree and it's yours. If another little sign appears next to it you can upgrade the interior of your pad for a fee.

If you are fed up with the place, you can rent it out or sell it - renting is best though because obviously you can collect money every so often.

If you go on a murderous rampage and kill everyone in sight, you will start to see house icons popping up over almost every single building - in between fending off angry guards you can also purchase these properties (barns, taverns, shops, NPC's houses) provided you have the money.

Then you have the choice of leaving them empty and therefore having your very own ghost town or renting them out and owning the lot of them. Keep sleeping and you'll be raking the cash in in no time...

A

Arcage

this is how i buy a house...kill everyone!!!!!!
but first you better have at least 70 000gold and if you don't then follow these instructions
yo can make over 2 000 000gold in 1 hr

get as maney diamonds and emralds as you can get
go to bowerstone north where the solus greatsword.
talk to the store keeper sell one dimond and one emrald to make sure you can make a prfit then buy it back.
if you make a profit then go sell all dimonds then sell all emralds go back and buy them back you should make atleast 10 000gold per time you do that
i have 120 dimonds 96 emralds 20 saphires and 46 rubys. i make about 75 000 gold in 15 seconds

D

Demon-God

That dosnt answer the question

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Uh...Not to be rude or anything, but..both the people who answered...Did answer the question. Either there are set houses for you to buy with signs in front of them

Angel;87063 said:
Provided you have the cash you can buy a house in every town - on your mini map you will have a house icon over a building that is for sale. Outside the house is a sign which when selected will ask you if you wish to buy it. Agree and it's yours. If another little sign appears next to it you can upgrade the interior of your pad for a fee.

or you can kill the towns people to get there house.

Angel;87063 said:
If you go on a murderous rampage and kill everyone in sight, you will start to see house icons popping up over almost every single building - in between fending off angry guards you can also purchase these properties (barns, taverns, shops, NPC's houses) provided you have the money.

Arcage;87096 said:
this is how i buy a house...kill everyone!!!!!!

D

Dreager_Ex

Anyone been able to kill the people in bowerstone and buy those properties? I've been trying but it's uber tough =)

_23timesfable_

yeah i own 3 houses in bowerstone wat u do is make the people follow you out of the town 2 the lookout piont and kill them there when u o bac to bowerstone the house will b 4 sale i would also like to take this moment to say i av 34 houses al over albion and 9,356,190 gold at the minute and all the legensry weapons:D :rolleyes:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

_23timesfable_;87583 said:
yeah i own 3 houses in bowerstone wat u do is make the people follow you out of the town 2 the lookout piont and kill them there when u o bac to bowerstone the house will b 4 sale i would also like to take this moment to say i av 34 houses al over albion and 9,356,190 gold at the minute and all the legensry weapons:D :rolleyes:

Well..would you like a cookie.
And I'm pretty sure people in bowerstone don't follow you out of town.
Not to mention almost ALL houses in bowerstone are owned by children. And they cannot be lured out of town.
Also. If you mod the game, (for PC) you can mod it so you have weapons in bowerstone.

D

Dreager_Ex

oh! lol

Yeah, I've been trying to kill them with my fists =)

A

Arcage

Dreager_Ex;87681 said:
oh! lol

Yeah, I've been trying to kill them with my fists =)
commit crims make gards follow you then hide behind the villagers and the gaurds will shoot them insted

D

Dreager_Ex

Hah! I never would have that about that!

J

joshuaksullivan

Well, thanks for the info. Sorry for the long time to reply, once I asked the question, we kinda figured it out once we finally found a house with a little sign in front of it. Kinda found it odd that the game manual didn't say anything, that I could find anyway, about this. Thanks again for the help.

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;87587 said:
Not to mention almost ALL houses in bowerstone are owned by children. And they cannot be lured out of town.

... sorry... but that just sounds so seedy O_O
... luring the children off into the woods... :lol:

A

Arcage

Hexadecimal;88121 said:
... sorry... but that just sounds so seedy O_O
... luring the children off into the woods... :lol:
lol give them a box of chocolate maby they will follow you XD