• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do i change to English subtitles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahrens50

Reaction score
I have just picked up the game in Taiwan and the default subtitles are Chinese. It says it has English text on the cover, but all the option screens are in Chinese. Any help switching it over would be appreciated.

master666epic

Reaction score
At the beginning of the game when your given the choice to pick to play as the, "Prince/Princess", look down at the lower left hand corner. You'll see the Y button icon, press Y to go into the, "Options", menu. The very first option will already be highlighted and that highlighted option is the subtitle language. By default(for some strange reason) so push left or right on your RT analog stick however many times for the English(United Kingdom) language and press the A button to confirm. The order of the languages are as follows-
Korean
English
Czech
Hungarian
Czech(Slovakian)
Russian
Polish
Chinese

hope this helps :)

sewcial

Reaction score
At the beginning of the game when your given the choice to pick to play as the, "Prince/Princess", look down at the lower left hand corner. You'll see the Y button icon, press Y to go into the, "Options", menu. The very first option will already be highlighted and that highlighted option is the subtitle language. By default(for some strange reason) so push left or right on your RT analog stick however many times for the English(United Kingdom) language and press the A button to confirm. The order of the languages are as follows-
Korean
English
Czech
Hungarian
Czech(Slovakian)
Russian
Polish
Chinese

hope this helps :)

I have experienced this glitch. The game was working in English, but, due to glitches, I have had to restart the game a few times. This time, on the screen with the prince and princess choice, I decided to look at the options. When I did so, the language changed to Asian and I can't change it back to English or any western language. The navigation stick and the triggers or bumpers don't do anything. All I can see are several (about 8) different Asian languages. Is there any other solution to this?
I phoned XBox support and the tech with whom I spoke checked the game and his game did the same thing. Now he can't get out of the Asian languages either. He has promised to try to contact Lionhead to see what can be done, but I'm not sure they will call me back. If you know any other solution, I would be ever so thankful for the help. I do appreciate people like you who put up these discussion forums so I know I am not the only one having problems with this blasted game.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have experienced this glitch. The game was working in English, but, due to glitches, I have had to restart the game a few times. This time, on the screen with the prince and princess choice, I decided to look at the options. When I did so, the language changed to Asian and I can't change it back to English or any western language. The navigation stick and the triggers or bumpers don't do anything. All I can see are several (about 8) different Asian languages. Is there any other solution to this?
I phoned XBox support and the tech with whom I spoke checked the game and his game did the same thing. Now he can't get out of the Asian languages either. He has promised to try to contact Lionhead to see what can be done, but I'm not sure they will call me back. If you know any other solution, I would be ever so thankful for the help. I do appreciate people like you who put up these discussion forums so I know I am not the only one having problems with this blasted game.

Where is it you are from?

Is there anything in this thread that could help?

Language Change

Not the same thing as you detailed but it effects the language settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.