• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do I play Fable: TLC on Windows 7?

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
How do I play Fable: TLC on Windows 7?

My first guess would be using compatibility mode and so far I have tried "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" (I'm going to try the Service Pack 2 setting now, although I doubt it will help) but it doesn't work! The game crashes before I can even begin to play, at the "press left mouse button to begin" screen or the menu where you choose profile and such.

You may say "it's not compatible with Windows 7," but you also said that about Vista and I have played Fable (although, I think it was the regular version, not TLC) on Vista before getting W7. Help, please! :)
EDIT: Also, before starting the game (only when using Windows XP comtability mode) I get a warning that my processor is running to slow which I don't really believe.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score
Re: How do I play Fable: TLC on Windows 7?

Well first what are your pc's specs?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

First question: are all your drivers up to date? If they are, try rolling them back a version or two.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

TLC works fine on Windows 7 Ultimate and Home Premium (at least, MY copy works perfectly fine)... Its a specs and graphic cards of your actual computer you need to check out

Also, if all else fails, try right-clicking the shortcut and clicking on 'Run As Administrator'... Helps sometimes

Ignore the part saying your process's or whatever is too slow or outdated... Mine said the exact same thing, but the game was fine
(I didn't know they had a PC version for the original Fable)

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

Daniel Ray;363486 said:
TLC works fine on Windows 7 Ultimate and Home Premium (at least, MY copy works perfectly fine)... Its a specs and graphic cards of your actual computer you need to check out

Also, if all else fails, try right-clicking the shortcut and clicking on 'Run As Administrator'... Helps sometimes

Ignore the part saying your process's or whatever is too slow or outdated... Mine said the exact same thing, but the game was fine
(I didn't know they had a PC version for the original Fable)

Oh right, then it must have been the TLC edition. (I just remember that I never finished the game on PC, but got the non-TLC version through Xbox live marketplace for Xbox 360).

Well, I ignored the warning and even tried the safe mode, but it never works past the "left-click to continue" screen. When I left-click the game crashes (and I don't think I have K-lite codec which another post was talking about). I have tried in XP (both SP2 and SP3) compatibility mode as well as 2000 AND using "run as administrator."

Don't worry about it though, I've got a friend with the Xbox version of TLC who is willing to sell it to me cheap. I just hope Xbox 360 can play TLC without problems (Microsoft says so, anyway).

Thank you for your help, though! :)