• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do I remove the sound effect of Physical Shield?

Drakoni

Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. That sound is so annoying and I'm clueless about how to turn it off.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. That sound is so annoying and I'm clueless about how to turn it off.
You'd have to mod it. Google it that's what I did. I just deleted the sound effect but it's been to long. You can also change the color.

Drakoni

Reaction score
You'd have to mod it. Google it that's what I did. I just deleted the sound effect but it's been to long. You can also change the color.
I've tried to Google it but I only found fabletlcmod's links so I'm still lost.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I've tried to Google it but I only found fabletlcmod's links so I'm still lost.
I had to do it myself too however it's one of the most easiest things you can do. I don't have Fable installed anymore. You'd have to download their modding program to see the files. Find the spell physical shield click on its properties and edit it accordingly, then save run and test. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Drakoni

Reaction score
I had to do it myself too however it's one of the most easiest things you can do. I don't have Fable installed anymore. You'd have to download their modding program to see the files. Find the spell physical shield click on its properties and edit it accordingly, then save run and test. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm probably editing the wrong file, but I'll keep trying.
Thank you for the help.

Edit: I removed the also annoying glowing effect but couldn't turn off the buzzing sound.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm probably editing the wrong file, but I'll keep trying.
Thank you for the help.

Edit: I removed the also annoying glowing effect but couldn't turn off the buzzing sound.

Glad to see you're on the right track, seen the file name to change the colour of the glow and such but not sure if it's same file you need to edit to remove sound.

Drakoni

Reaction score
Glad to see you're on the right track, seen the file name to change the colour of the glow and such but not sure if it's same file you need to edit to remove sound.
It's strange. Through CDefs of SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE I found the Effects files and changed the glowing part, yet changing the entries of the arrays in the CEntitySoundDef didn't change anything at all. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's strange. Through CDefs of SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE I found the Effects files and changed the glowing part, yet changing the entries of the arrays in the CEntitySoundDef didn't change anything at all. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Never done any Fable modding myself but hopefully someone stops by who can help, used to be A LOT of modders here.

KrusherMike

Reaction score
I got you bro, took me a minute to figure it out too. I'm using FE/Shadownet

SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF
Double click the second option, 7356

3B163D2F - Original Value 375991
AD263A58 - Original Value 376037
177733C1 - Original Value 376080
814734B6 - Original Value 376123

Set those to 0 and you're good.