• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to Avoid the Bloodstone Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJBanks

Reaction score
How to Avoid the Bloodstone Glitch

First, ill explain what the glitch is if you don't already know.

The glitch happens when you go to talk to Reaver for the first part of the hero of skill quest, when you are supposed the get the seal from him. If you don't have enough renown and try to talk to him you get glitched.

What it does - It makes you unable to draw your melee or ranged weapon, talk to civilians, and even leave Bloodstone. However one thing i realized is that you CAN talk to the Bard and get him to sing your song.

How to avoid the glitch - What i have figured out is that you need at least 30,000 renown to start this quest, if you don't have that much please do not attempt the quest unless you want to be glitched.

Currently this is a GBG (Game Breaking Glitch) which means you cant fix it if you have already had it. However you can start a new character and they will function completely fine.

Also, I was told that using another disk works, and this is just a lie, because it is not the disk that is messed up, it is the character.

Flee4me

Thomas
Reaction score
Re: How to Avoid the Bloodstone Glitch

ehm, I spoke to Reaver before I've had enough renown (several times even)
and I never got glitched...

adenp9070

Reaction score

doesnt happen to everybody, im lucky and never had a glitch that works against me

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

My characters frozen before, but it was never because of reaver and I was never in bloodstone when it happened. I was in Westcliff, and it happened after I completed the Arena.

adenp9070

Reaction score

seems random :p ive had my character stuck in the jump position but i could stll do everything i just look like i was in crouching tiger hidden dragon mode, it stopped when i reboot the xbox

Flee4me

Thomas
Reaction score

as it's story telling time, i'll tell you mine... =)

so I just bought Fable2, was looking forward to play it (as I played it at a friend's house before and I thought it was kickass). So i put in the fable disk, played 5 mins, collected 3/5 coins when suddenly... my game froze. nothing worked anymore. when I opened the CD drive thing, the image just remained the same... had to turn off my 360 to get rid of the frame on my tv...

anyways, I got back to the shop, told them about the problem and got a new disk... with this one I actually managed to play through the tutorial but once again, it crashed.
So I mailed to microsoft about this, asking them what to do. They told me to send my xbox in and gave my a brand new one... and tadaaa! fable worked :) no glitches, freezes or anything anymore

adenp9070

Reaction score

lucky ******

brsmith

Reaction score

My xbox 360 will freeze periodically, but once it happens, it doesn't freeze again until the next time I play it. It hasn't been that big a deal though, so I haven't bothered contacting Microsoft. I do have to save the game like every ten minutes though as a precautionary measure. As for the original post for this thread, I have never experienced that particular problem.

Y

yanna

I got the glitch before I even talked to Reaver! So it is definatly not Reaver. I think it's the town.. When I got to Bloodstone it was Nighttime. I was low on cash so I automaticlly looked into the pause menu to find any jobs but instead I saw there was a 50% sale at the produce market so I set my trail there and waited until morning. When the lady came I found I couldn't talk to her. I proceded to Reaver and was told I needed 3846 more renown points. I've been trying and trying to complete the T.O.B.Y quest well you all know the glitch but anyway did anyone get past this? I have been addicted to this game playing it all night and I just want to beat it so I can let my boyfriend play. I don't want to start all over!

Casz146

The Crusher of Elements
Reaction score

I guess many of the glitches in Fable 2 are just random events that mess up your game, but do not have anything to do with at what point you are in the storyline, and many can be fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.