• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hunting.....a reasonable job

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Sometimes when I get bored on Fable 3 (which is a lot) I tend to go to some place to kill random creatures. I mostly go to the Auroran desserts, Mourning Wood, and Mistpeak Valley. Do any of you guys do this too? or is this just a thing no one wants to do.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I usually try and explore every inch of a region for any chests or keys. Exploring tends to require killing as well so i can't complain.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I usually try and explore every inch of a region for any chests or keys. Exploring tends to require killing as well so i can't complain.
I actually think I had a friend who showed me all these chest and key locations once.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I could look them up just through the fable wiki but where's the fun in that? Plus i can have sand furries popping up and scaring me s***less.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
You get startled by those? They seem to always pop up under me.....

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I did once. I was wandering the desert and i ended up day dreaming then they popped up. Was not ready for them at all but i gave them some lightening to chew on.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
You should try a fiery tornado. Those the job well, and looks cool, too! :p

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, why didn't we have hunting as an actual job? Would have been a lot better than pie-making...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
You can't make hunting a job where you need to press specific buttons in a sequence. Whereas pie making, bard and so on are menial jobs that have only one or two buttons to press.

I so love your sarcasm sometimes... :p

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Actually, that post wasn't sarcastic; you have to break-down all the jobs and combat experience in Fable 3. They all share common minimization that the game has;

• Only few buttons are required to be pressed
  • They depend on timing and sequence
  • Simple to do, but boring on the long run.
If you still don't see what I mean then simply read this Gamasutra Interview with Peter Molyneux regarding Fable 3 - specifically the combat system and its simplicity, that was likely applied to the rest of the game, hence including the jobs the game currently has.

At the end of the day they included jobs that don't need extensive focus and really require timing and a few buttons to be pressed. The rest of the "jobs" come in form of quests, perhaps hunting could be a job that moves with quests, like the one where you have to bring criminals back to the guards.

Haha alright. I'll take your word for it. So does this mean the "Drag Workers" and "Drag Criminals" jobs aren't jobs?

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
The jobs they gave in the game such as the ones you guys mentioned could be improved. Granted, they have to have only these options and such but It would be great if there were jobs that could provide exploring. I wish the game was more of a free realm game.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I preferred bounty missions in fable 2. That should have been carried on in to fable 3. Generally speaking you can still take a job catching criminals but that didn't require any hunting really.