• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I can't see both endings - Fable TLC

Olmectron

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to Fable; I got Fable TLC for PC two weeks ago, and it've been a really good game.
However, I have this bug, or I don't know what could be.

When I got to The Final Battle quest, and won against Jack of Blades in his dragon form, the game didn't let me decide wheter to wear the mask or not, my hero always wears it!

I though it was because of my alignment, that was a little bit bad the first time I won the quest, however, I got it to be nearly completely good, and every time I win the Final Battle, my hero decides to wear the Jack of Blades' mask.

Could someone please tell me what's happening here? I know there are no more quests after getting the ending, but I do really want to know why this happens.

Thanks in advance!

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
When you get to that part, you either leave the mouse alone or click the mouse button to determine which outcome you want. I can't remember which does what, but I know I've made the mistake in the past of simply clicking without reading.

Make sure you're not merely skipping through that part. I've never heard of any bug that omits the choice and I'm certain it has nothing to do with alignment.

Olmectron

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm not able to check it out right now, but I'll do it as soon as I can.
I knew I could be clicking the mouse for mistake, just that I got really angry after so many times I tried, that I couldn't stop myself calmly to attempt it.

Thanks again!^_^

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the first time I've heard of a bug that prevents you from making any choice in the game.

During the scene where you're holding the mask, click the mouse to throw it away, or leave the mouse alone to put it on.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
During the scene where you're holding the mask, click the mouse to throw it away, or leave the mouse alone to put it on.
So that's it then. Thanks for filling in the missing information. :)

Hughie

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I left the controls alone, just as Dan said, but it still proceeded to only the evil ending as though it was scripted. Any help? :/
p.s., I'm playing the PC version.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I left the controls alone, just as Dan said, but it still proceeded to only the evil ending as though it was scripted. Any help? :/
p.s., I'm playing the PC version.

I meant that if you leave the controls, you will DEFINITELY go for the evil ending where you put the mask on. If you click during the cutscene, you will throw the mask and get the good ending.

The pc version was ported weirdly, so the game, when set to certain resolutions on certain monitors, the bottom part of the screen can't be seen, and so you won't be able to see the "Click to throw" message.