• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think I broke Oblivion

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I think I broke Oblivion

Oops.

I went into the Shivering Isles, did the stuff to become the Madgod and then kind of went on a killing spree. Like, a major killing spree. As in, "if you're not quest-related, you're dead" sort of thing.

Anywho, the guards ran up, did their chatty thing and I went off with them to avoid paying the fine. Usually this resets the bounty - only it didn't. I now cannot go anywhere without the guards running up and giving me the option to fight them or go away. Only going away does not clear the bounty and I get no option to pay it off like you would normally.

I have a ridiculous amount of money, I have not used any cheats, exploits or glitches whilst in the Shivering Isles and I WANT SOME PRETTY AMBER ARMOUR, DAMMIT!!!111ONE

I know Oblivion is bugged to hell and back, and I still love it, but this is the first time ever in over 300 hours of gameplay that the fines have simply remained permanently. Any ideas?

(It's for the 360, by the way)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: I think I broke Oblivion

i think you've found something unforgivable.

maybe you should have worn the cowl you get for completing the thieves guild?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i blame oblivion for breaking my first 360, played it non stop

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Aaah...apparently this is a recognised game glitch when your bounty has exceeded 5000 and you are the new Madgod. If I got to either Brellach or Pinnacle rock, it should allow me to pay the fine and be done with it.

Now I just have to hope it works...if I had this for the PC, there's something I can type in or whatever...

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

waste some time with the multiplication glitch and make some large amounts of money. Lame, but the only way i can think of.
My friend lost his torturer in the shivering isles and can never beat that quest, leaving shivering isles forever incomplete, lol.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Isn't it if you do too many killings, then you have to die or live as a fugitive?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Keep fighting until you can get the legit invisible suit.