• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'll be your "middle-man" when you need DLC codes verifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Hi,

It seems as though there's plenty of people out there whom are looking to trade or sell DLC weapons. Fact: You cannot exchange them in-game. The only way to acquire the DLC weapons is via a redeemable, one-time-use-only code. You could always consult eBay for codes - if you want to pay extortionate prices. An alternative approach would be to trade or sell your DLC weapon codes here in the Marketplace forum.

One problem: How do you verify that the code you're about to buy or trade for is legitimate? Short of the other chap giving you the code straight off the bat - you can't. And I doubt the other chap will likely hand out the code just for you to "test", without getting something in return first. T'is quite the conundrum.

Another fact: It's possible to test for DLC codes and not simultaneously activate them. I would basically be responsible for verifying that both party's have legitimate codes before "the trade". Or whatever.

"What's to stop you from stealing the codes yourself," you cry. Well, nothing to be honest. However, I'm not a complete douche and it wouldn't do wonders for my reputation for me to go around stealing DLC codes. My whole reason for doing this, is because I'd like for you to think "Hey, that guy isn't so bad!" and then go off and tell your great mates just how neat-o this forum is. And perhaps they'll consider signing up and becoming a part of the community. That's all - nothing especially sinister.

The procedure will go something like this: Both parties will need to individually private message me and disclose their DLC codes; I will fire up the ol' 360 and verify that the code submitted is both genuine and unused. If it is, I will contact the recipient and let the know the status of the code. I can only confirm that the codes held by both parties are either genuine or fraudulent. The trade will be entirely up to the parties involved to schedule a time with which to trade codes. I can however, at the request of both parties, simultaneously private message all involved and disclose the DLC codes so that you both receive the codes at the same time.

Hopefully, should this whole "middle-man" thing take off, I'll be able to add a list of links to threads at the bottom of this post to show off the number of people I've worked as a "middle-man".

Update: Succesful trades that I have overseen:

1. NewAt and GregLyn successfully traded the "Champion Hammer and Balance Tattoo" and "Inquisitor Sword and Industrial Tattoo".
2. Dracelix and Autarch successfully traded the "Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo" for "Absolver Hammer and Dragon Breath Tattoo".
3. Jeremy Blair and Grant Van Peski successfully traded the "Channeller Sword and Crystal Tattoo" for "Inquisitor Sword and Industrial Tattoo".
4. Emperor1988 and Supra KickS successfully traded the "Channeller Sword & Crystal Tattoo" for "Channeller Sword & Crystal Tattoo".
5. Necromancer11 and Jackums successfully traded the "Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo" for "Inquisitor Sword and Industrial Tattoo".
6. MudkipLuna and Farcus Prime successfully traded the "Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo" for "Inquisitor Sword and Industrial Tattoo".
7. tlwizard and atlantiantokra successfully traded the "Champion Hammer and Balance Tattoo" for "Absolver Hammer and Dragonbreath Tattoo".

Update 2: Going quite well so far, folks. I'm going to be taking a little break from it for a short while as I'm finding less time for the forum at the moment and it wouldn't be fair to keep you guys waiting so long for me to get back to you with verifying your codes and whatnot.This whole "middle-man" thing will return soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.