• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Improvements to Fable 3 features? [Suggestions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
Now there are a multitude of threads out there expressing displeasure at the new features like the sanctuary or the expression system or whatever it is they didnt like about Fable 3. While valid in their own right, most of these threads become a "Fable is a great game" vs "You won't know great game if it bit you in the face" argument and sometimes, gets quite tiresome.

So this thread is aimed at the CURRENT features of Fable 3, and the improvements you'd like to see being made TO these improvements.

I personally would like the morph system to give you augments and the damage with each hero weapon to vary as well. So certain augments add damage whereas others may imbue it with anti-scarring or faster attack speed etc. The morph system is still there so you cant exactly put in augments like in fable 1 and 2 which I always found a bit boring anyway. In this way you grow your augments instead of simply growing your hero weapon's appearance.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Well with the morphs there should be some way of choosing what our weapons look like, maybe by spending excess experience to pay for the look we want with the morphs whose requirements we have fulfilled more than others costing less (so if we've killed more balverines than hollow men then the balverine morph costs less, and if we've only made one friend then the friend morph will be rather expensive), that way we get to choose the look, we still have to unlock morphs and we have something to do with all the excess postgame experience. And possibly do something similar for augments, the augment is added automatically as soon as its requirements have been fulfilled (killing balverines for silver augment etc.) and being removed automatically after a second set of requirements have been fulfilled (with those requirements being more strict so it is only removed if you want it removed or if you have absolutely no need of it [say if you get an augment that helps against a specific enemy but then that enemy becomes unavailable or you don't fight any in a long while])
With RtR I think the actual road should look like it's going through the places we've been to advance along it. Maybe starting out like it is now, a simple road in white nothingness with our goal in the distance, and as we open each gate the new area changes to reflect what we went through to open it, with forks and crossroads representing good/evil decisions and combat/non combat rewards. Also it should be easier to go back and pick up rewards we didn't get as soon as we passed them
We should be able to use dyes on the same part of the menu as the clothing selection, there should be a distinct remove button there as well (instead of having to 'undress')
The sanctuary should have more rooms, at least enough to show us every item we own, with the d-pad shortcuts being player selectable
The treasury (Albion’s, not your own) gets gold added and subtracted accordingly depending on how high taxes are and how much is taken out as guard payments, benefits etc. (with a fairly simple way of making it self sustaining for people who don't want to add to it with their own money but don't want to be evil/corrupt by letting it empty)
The kind of decisions that Jasper's replacement gave us should be allowed to change when we want and the courtroom decisions should take a lot of effort to change if at all
Spell weaving is great but I think it should be less like adding two spells together and more like creating a completely new one, so instead of vortex and lightning creating a mini-tornado that deals lightning damage it should create a storm, so the most powerful version would be a huge tornado acting like physical shield for the duration of the spell (to at least reduce damage, and it could be balanced by making the charge time for that combo a little longer and you being unable to move once you release it) and an ice storm like AoE effect with lightning bolts coming from the sky damaging enemies. Perhaps with some combinations being (partially) useless in combat but would help make a mage feel like their magic can do anything, such as; Ice Storm + Fire = Rain, where all the AoE effect does is change the weather, but the targeted fires a stream of water at the enemy

I'm aware there's a chance this thread could possibly get shut down or something for being too similar to several other threads but I don't give a smeg because I've already typed this reply out and it took me bloody ages to do it and I'm still not sure I’ve finished it.

Sykes

Reaction score
The ability to have extreme morphing turned on and off whenever you want for as long as you like and the old expression wheel where you could pick what expression to use outside of interaction.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My idea for the expression system is that it's the same but by pressing up/down you can make a different one appear, instead of having to dance with everyone first all the time...

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
My idea for the expression system is that it's the same but by pressing up/down you can make a different one appear, instead of having to dance with everyone first all the time...
Ooh that'll be nice. I was thinking the expression wheel was a bit too much as well anyway... great thinking there!

Status
Not open for further replies.