• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

In Game Alchemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
In Game Alchemy

I want there to be another item slot in the inventory and i want it to be called ingredients. I want to be able to get a bunch of "ingredients" from battle and stores, and stuff. And I want to be able to create potions. I want our hero to be able to perform alchemy and create many potions. and there will, of course be alchemy levels. Highest level would be a five star alchemist. i want to be able to create potions, experience potions, health potions, transmogrification potions and other stuff. It would really be fun. After getting enough ingredients from balverine battles, one can create a balverine transmogrification potion(of course this would be temporary). Some ingredients would be harder to get than others, and some potions would be needed for some quests. Alchemy would open new doors in fable

Edit: lol, why is thread being ignored......?

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Re: In Game Alchemy

What do you mean "no just no"
Its an awesome idea, Who wouldnt love to be able to create potions? Its cool to be able to be an alchemist

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Speaking of new doors in fable. I know armour is a bit much since it wont look good with guns, but the spanish had full suits of armour ( not chain mail or plated in the front and leather in the back i mean FULL FULL suits of armour) used for the army so they could withstand bullets. Getting a horse would also be cool. some capes, Trench coats, i dunno these lionhead guys get payed extremly well to sit on their ass and come up with ideas. Why must it be the same ****?

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

I agree. And to create gold when your a high enough level? of course they would make difficult ingrediants. Another cool idea for alchemy is to make augments

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Thats stonecutting, lol but that is a good idea.
and dont double post, just edit your post

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Wow.

Super, cool sweet idea.

reppy rep rep

Dentie

Reaction score

it isnt harry potter or runescape its fable

F

FiendFyre

Dentie;331567 said:
it isnt harry potter

That was my first thought XD

But I still it's a cool idea, it would be pretty fun.
And it's a perfectly reasonable idea.

HollowGuy

Reaction score

Thats a great idea, it really is, if you could add more stuff to do with Magic into Fable, Like Alchemy I think playing a Magic styled character would be alot better, get some other things in like scroll making and all the other stuff, I'm not going to say brooms =P But conjured steeds (If the Horse idea did go through) etc, just a more magical experience.

Though would it fit in? As Fable 3 Would be years after Fable 2 and in Fable 2 Magic is already rare as it is X_X

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Ingredients?

Sounds like an Oblivion rip off to me.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Fable 2already has Alchemists, you buy off them your potions, so why do you guys think its all of a sudden harry potter themed with magics and stuff. I mean Fable has alchemists, you got that sex change potion that was made by an alchemist in the game, Leo Head. So im just saying that i want to be able to be the alchemist and do make my own potions instead of buying them, and also be able to make unique new potions, like transmogrification. Its just like making those dog breed potions, and those scar removing, and fat decreasing potions.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I really like your idea.

First thing I thought was The Witcher :p

HollowGuy

Reaction score

Alchemy was in Fantasy novels before Harry potter was even thought of :D

I love the idea of Alchemy for Fable 3, and it'd open up more Achievement possibilties, it'd be awesome to eventually become a Legendary alchemist like Leo aswell

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

The whole idea of Fable III is that you're the ruler of Albion, which means you probably won't do much after you obtain that status, except political things. That makes it sound kind of boring when I put it that way, but I'm sure they're pending loads of ideas to work on. Thing is, I don't see alchemy coming into play.

HollowGuy

Reaction score

I dont like the idea of being the Ruler of Albion to be honest. Because then it'd be one of those games were you could actually finish it, if you know what I mean.

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

I'm going to assume you liked Fable II. Then why did you like Fable II?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

there are very technical rpgs like oblivion which draw you in with tons of content and customization.

then there are rpgs like fable which draw you in with bathroom humor

alchemy belongs in that first category :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.