• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Installation Error:1311 & 1305

I

Isocadia

Installation Error:1311 & 1305

Well, I recently bought Fable ( yesterday ) and right now I want to install it. It installs fine untill it coms to disk 4. First a 1311 error: Source file not found. But that is ignorable ( I don't think you should ignore an error ). And then later on a 1305 error: error reading from file.

So I went looking on the internet, updated windows installer to version 4.5 cleaned the disks and then tried to install again. No succes. Again it fails at the texture.big file. Then I read about a trick of getting the cd out. letting it say that I need to put in the cd, and the put it back in. Failure to.

So right now I'm wondering how to get fable to work.

Isocadia

I

Isocadia

Re: Installation Error:1311 & 1305

Well, I don't think its in the disk, because it installed fine at my brothers computer.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

What if you were to share his brother's PC's disc drive over the LAN-network, and install the game on the PC in question, but with the disc in his brother's PC? :geek:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Listen to JohnDoe. He's always right.

JAvatar80

Reaction score

Another option for the disc. I was having troubles with a couple of my PS2 game discs(namely the gameshark), so I found at Gamestop a disc-buffer for $30. It's not just a cleaner, or wax to fill in scratches, but an actuall ultra-fine grade sanding device. It grinds down and smooths out micro-scratches in the plastic on the disc, and buffs it out. Makes my unplayable disc playable again.

Look at the bottom of the disc with a light reflecting off it, and see how scratched the plastic is. If you see lots of hairline scratches, that might be your problem, and if you can find a buffer, that might just fix it for you. Or, take it back to the retailer as damaged.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Might have something to do with the system you have... A few games I have had the same error on the vista but worked perfectly fine on XP, or vice versa... What system are you using?