• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this even worth buying?

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I know that this is Fable, and that the entire Fable series in my oppinion so far has been great, but I just can't tell if it's worth it considering all they are changing about it.

I mean, I get that they are trying to make a family based game, but, why?

Why not just turn the Player into a Genie and have them fly around yelling out "poof" and "Kazam", that's exactly what everyone that plays Fable wants to see happen... (Sarcasm, for anyone that didn't pick up on that...)

Not trying to be a critic here, sorry if I give that gesture, actually am asking the question.

By the way, does anyone know what they are going to do to the enemies in the game?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Depends if you have Kinect and like the way it works I guess as most of the games on it boil down to the same sort of formula.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Meh. It might prove an entertaining little game -if- you already own Kinect. I mean, it is not a game that manages to sell me a Kinect module. I doubt such a game will ever exist.

But if you do have Kinect, why not?

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Well... I don't have a Kinect... and don't really plan on getting one...
Still, that's not to say I won't try the game, I just won't use a Kinect, Or buy the Game...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well... I don't have a Kinect... and don't really plan on getting one...
Still, that's not to say I won't try the game, I just won't use a Kinect, Or buy the Game...

Then I suppose that answers your question then?... Seems your best bet would be to wait for one of your friends to get a Kinect and the game instead.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I guess, though my friends were also the people who were opposed to buying the game...

I just realised I seem to "..." alot...

Dev729

Reaction score
With the greatest respect to Peter molyneux and lionhead, this is going to be horse ****

Deicide•Division

Fable and Zelda, thats all...
Reaction score
with me, LionHead has finally screwed up. They took away all the interaction with your player, all you see in this new game is your hands! Also, I like myself love the Kinect, but don't want to play through a fable game using it. I want the button tapping i'm used to. If this gets any worse i might have to crawl back to Zelda!

FCMXD

Reaction score
Personally, I'm waiting for Fable 4.

I would hate to abandon this franchise, but even rats will leave a sinking ship.

Please, Peter...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, I have a kinect, and The Journey does look a hell lot better than most other kinect games, so why the hell not (for me, at least)? Gotta use that kinect before it gets ruined, and I ain't in the best shape for dancing.

AinurOlorin

Reaction score
It isn't worth it to me, because it isn't the type of game I am interested in. Mind, I am NOT one of the Fable I/TLC zealots. In large part, because of the larger world size and the ability to play in couch co-op mode with friends, I enjoyed Fable III far more than I did Fable I, even though there are definitely aspects of the game that I missed from Fable I, and that I feel the developers made a mistake in leaving out of the subsequent games (chiefly, more creatures, more lore, and more control over certain aspects of the game).

But this first person, trail hand business that The Journey is shaping up to be. . . I am just not interested. It looks like it will have some interesting characters and added monsters, and I will be sorry not to learn more about them, but I loved Fable as it was. I loved it more for adding local/couch co-op, more dyes and costume choices etc., and larger regions. I desire more Fable games that expand on everything the first three got right collectively. I am not, however, interested in a game that changes the entire format of the series.

littlesparrow

Reaction score
Ok I want Fable 4, but this might be fun with the wife .I hope its got multiplayer co-op and theres good and evil choices throughout with different endings..

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Ok I want Fable 4, but this might be fun with the wife .I hope its got multiplayer co-op and theres good and evil choices throughout with different endings..

ACTUALLY, we have no idea if there will be coop in this one... But from all the footage we've seen of it, one can assume there isn't coop. :/

This is my Albion

Reaction score
The only way fable: the journey appealed to me and my friends was the stupid idea of riding an imaginary horse and giving an invisible someone a good "ramming" in the middle of the living room.

but then again we were slightly drunk

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I guess it's like all fable games.

1. You see the comercial
2. You are amazed at how much you can do in the game
3. Buy the game
4. Figure out that you can't do much but kick chickens
5. Cry in the corner for a few hours

But that's just me. I never wanted to play the game so I wouldn't know.