• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades for Fable 4? (or dlc)

grogpole

Lord High Grand Duke of all Chickens of Albion
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that in one of the books you have to get for the brightwall liberary quest that in it the book mentions a meeting between Lucien and JOB, any ideas?

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
The book is a joke, about the previous game's villains. Doesn't mean anything

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I dunno. I kind of think Jack was behind the Nightcrawler if he wasnt actually it. Its possible that it is the form he has taken after centuries in the void. He was probably just a conciousness, over the centurys focused enough power to generate a form and raise an army in the void. He can't directly hop back out of the void so thats what the darkness is, the void colliding with albion so that the forces can come through.

Jack was just a conciousness in a mask. The mask was the vessel, and in the Fable canon the hero destroyed that and so with it Jack. But just because the vessel is destroyed doesnt mean the coniciousness within is too. Thats why Theresa can't pass on, because she knows Jack is still pulling strings.

Reaction score
Jack of blades was like peters mullies "starkiller"(forceunleashed) i wouldnt be surprised if he came back but now i think he is dead

S3XPOTZ

Reaction score
I heard one of the villager kids in Brightwall say, "Jack of Blades is alive? But how can this be!?" and I got excited and actually looked around.. ): But of course they were just playing..

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
Jack of blades is dead... he have been dead for over 500 years

Spidman1234

Reaction score
Well you never know like he said Teresa is still alive and she was around when Jack was supposedly "killed" so you don't really know. And yes it is a good way to get people to buy the game because I am pretty sure that if Jack did come back, I would be pretty much dumbfounded.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Well you never know like he said Teresa is still alive and she was around when Jack was supposedly "killed" so you don't really know. And yes it is a good way to get people to buy the game because I am pretty sure that if Jack did come back, I would be pretty much dumbfounded.

No. We do know. PM himself said Jack of Blades is gone.

grogpole

Lord High Grand Duke of all Chickens of Albion
Reaction score
quote-I dunno. I kind of think Jack was behind the Nightcrawler if he wasnt actually it. Its possible that it is the form he has taken after centuries in the void. He was probably just a conciousness, over the centurys focused enough power to generate a form and raise an army in the void. He can't directly hop back out of the void so thats what the darkness is, the void colliding with albion so that the forces can come through.​

Jack was just a conciousness in a mask. The mask was the vessel, and in the Fable canon the hero destroyed that and so with it Jack. But just because the vessel is destroyed doesnt mean the coniciousness within is too. Thats why Theresa can't pass on, because she knows Jack is still pulling strings.​

cool idea...

Spidman1234

Reaction score
Didn't know this site bashed people who state their opinion guess that wont happen again.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Didn't know this site bashed people who state their opinion guess that wont happen again.

Acting like a drama queen isn't going to win you any sympathy either. It's already been confirmed that Jack of Blades is dead and forever gone. He was the mask, not the actual person. Once the mask was destroyed, so was he. The fact that I have to constantly repeat facts when people are trying so desperately to ignore them is beyond frustrating.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
Yeah we had the option to kill Theresa in Fable and if we do she is technically dead but yet here she is....

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Theres an almost infinate list of characters in games, books, films, tv etc that have been definately dead but still come back. Its not that hard for them to piece together a semi plausable reason for it. The Mask was destroyed, but they can quite easily explain the mask as merely the vessel.

In fiction, anything is possible. Companies will do anything to sell games and if they think bringing back Jack would do that, they will.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Yeah we had the option to kill Theresa in Fable and if we do she is technically dead but yet here she is....

That wasn't the canonical ending.

Theres an almost infinate list of characters in games, books, films, tv etc that have been definately dead but still come back. Its not that hard for them to piece together a semi plausable reason for it. The Mask was destroyed, but they can quite easily explain the mask as merely the vessel.

In fiction, anything is possible. Companies will do anything to sell games and if they think bringing back Jack would do that, they will.

No. They're not going to bring him back and they've already stated this.

Reaction score
Acting like a drama queen isn't going to win you any sympathy either. It's already been confirmed that Jack of Blades is dead and forever gone. He was the mask, not the actual person. Once the mask was destroyed, so was he. The fact that I have to constantly repeat facts when people are trying so desperately to ignore them is beyond frustrating.

Lionhead says slot of things they end up tossing aside (no offence to lionhead) and if spidman1234 thinks Jack will be back he has a right to state it.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Right. Because a company has never ever stated anything that has later turned out to be false. Argument is kinda pointless though, since neither of us can be totally right until they stop making Fable games.

Its certainly very unlikely. I'd just never rule anything out.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Jack is cannonly dead, and will not return according to Lionhead. He was epic, let him die please. I can't begin to say how many people say he isn't dead, It does not matter. He is currently, if not permanently dead, his mask was broke, and his victim's bodies destroyed. Deal with it.

I wouldn't mind a DLC that delved into more of the Court and Jacks back-story, or the ability to get a replica jack mask/outfit for a DLC clothing item.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Jack is cannonly dead, and will not return according to Lionhead. He was epic, let him die please. I can't begin to say how many people say he isn't dead, It does not matter. He is currently, if not permanently dead, his mask was broke, and his victim's bodies destroyed. Deal with it.

I wouldn't mind a DLC that delved into more of the Court and Jacks back-story, or the ability to get a replica jack mask/outfit for a DLC clothing item.

Thank you! Finally, someone with an ounce of common sense! I want to highfive you so badly right now.