• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades for Fable 4? (or dlc)

selfishcrow

Reaction score
See my problem is that Jack created such a good main antogonist, something subsequent Fables have lacked. Lets reveiw shall we?

Fable 1: Jack of Blades- A truly sinister character, obviously a baddy from the start, but just gets progresivley more evil and powerful. Good boss fight TWICE!

Fable 2: Lucien- A bad guy that we see maybe 3 times the entire game? Dies in one hit from the player, or killed by Reaver if the hero doesn't act soon enough. Not a very epic boss fight.

Fable 3: The Crawler- Good pressence, but is only very breifly in the game despite being a main antagonist. Never got to know it as well as we did Jack. Boss fight was basically a fast version of the Sentinels in the Veiled Path.

Another thing I always liked were soldiers Jack employed. Nothing screams good bad guy like a truly intimidating force.

Fable 1: The Minions- I LOVED Jack's Minions. They were like Anubis Warriors from the Mummy meets Ancient robots. The were fast, they were deadly, and despite being colorful, intimidating. A good henchman.

Fable 2: Lucien's Gaurds- Basic thugs. not really intimidating because they reminded me too much of the guards from Fable.

Fable 3: Shadow Constructs- Took another step in the right direction. Sentinels were intimadating and looked excessivley bad ass. The shadow fiends they summoned were pretty cool even if they were amazingly weak, but that kind of added to thier ghost-iness. The only lacking characters in my mind were the soldiers. Never really had that deadly quality to them, instead the most comical of the three.

on fable 2 the commandants they where the only decent enemy.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
If its true that the next 2 heroes are going to be weaker, JoB will murder them. But if Queen of Blades returned, she would annihilate them. It took weeks to kill her, but that fight may never happen, or will be in the final game.

smush-smush

Reaction score
Well Fable 2 had that giant shard thing, that was an interesting enemy imo (even if it sat there), and the real final boss, and those soldiers created out of magic/will were "intimidating" to me...I thought the crawler in fable 3 was a good idea for a the main villain (got me wanting to know how it came to exist)

Krogan

Reaction score
Would be a interesting twist if it turned out in the end of Fable the HoO killed Theressa took the sword of aeons, destroyed jack in dragon form then killed scythe, put the mask on and used this power to take the form of a blind lady, taking the name of his sister and told the rest of the world what ever he wanted. would never happen, but would be completely unexpected.

Jamin

Reaction score
that actually would be weird. but gotta hand it to him best theory ive seen based on the fact that well crap nobody woulda saw that coming...

Adlez Eluryh

Reaction score
I'd like to put my two cents in if I may (going to even if I may not):
Personally I think Jack is still alive, this is my reasoning:
1- The hero of oakvale DID take the sword of Aeons, that's a lot of power who wouldn't?
But by doing this he had to kill his sister Theresa, who IS still alive through the next three games (II, III, and The Journey).
2- Lionhead has lied about things before, not just mechanics of the game. I remember when Fable II was being made, we were told there would be a Tower we would return to multiple times, going deeper into the dungeon each time. This tower became the spire, we went to it twice.
3- The Hero of Oakvale took the sword of Aeons, why not take the power Jack's mask promised?
4- Even if the hero destroyed the mask, Jack's soul escaped from it and into a dragon the first time, why couldn't his soul escape again? It's his freakin mask, he can do what he wants right? What would stop him from fleeing the mask before it was destroyed? Or when it was destroyed why wouldn't that release his soul, instead of destroying it?
5- (this point may or may not be correct, I never experienced it myself) My friend told me there is a book that said: A man named Jack appeared before Lucien, and convinced him to build the Spire.
6- Scythe (William Black A.K.A The first Archon), and Theresa are still alive, why not Jack, a being more powerfl than both of them combined?
7- If the hero wore the mask, then he would not have any children. Bulloney, in Fable: the Lost Chapters (as well as the original) there are NUMEROUS oppurtunities to do the nasty, there's even a bordello he could've gone to. ANY of the girls the hero slept with could've born his children, and he nor Jack would know anything about it, allowing the bloodline to flourish.
8- It's a game, with a fictional story to it. The writer's can do whatever they want. If fans say they want to see their favourite villain return, they can make money off of it by bringing him back. If they did this I would prefer them not to butcher the character, in fact I have a preferred way for Jack to come back AND a way to play the game.

The Hero of Oakvale was, and is the strongest of all the heroes (except maybe William Black at the top of his game), and he beat Jack. If you played the game enough, and knew it well, you could be the Dragon Jack with two shots WITHOUT cheating or mods. The hero of oakvale ALSO probably is Jack now (at least they way I think the game plays out, you could jut treat this as a crappy fanfic if you like), which means Jack has all his godfearing power plus the hero of Oakvale's. This would make Jack the strongest being in existence, capable of taking over/destroying the world overnight. Why wouldn't he do this? Perhaps it isn't challenging enough, or maybe something came along, or WILL come along that is stronger than him, so he needs the spire to be built again so he can make his wish. He bides his time studying the people of Albion, looking for the best oppurtunity to make put his plan into action. Five-hundred years later he sees Lucien, a rich man with all the resources and money to rebuild the spire. Lucien's wife and daughter die (by Jack's doing?), and Jack tells Lucien of the Spire (hands him a book, or tells him himself?). Lucien then builds the spire. Jack is pleased by this, however he is off in Aurora on personal business. The hero of Bowerstone defeats Lucien, and Theresa takes control of the Spire before Jack realizes what has happened. He returns, infuriated and again begins to bide his time until he can take control of the spire and have his desires become reality. The Crawler grows Jack's army in Aurora until it wages war against Albion, Theresa leaves the Spire (Fable the Journey?) to meet with the Hero of Bowerstone's child, and guide them to the throne, and defeat the Crawler. Theresa is no longer at the spire, leaving it vulnerable to Jack, unless she made a wish, or cast a spell to protect it while she was gone. Now Jack is madder than ever and decides he's not taking Theresa's **** anymore. Fable IV he comes full force with an army of Crawlers, each with their own shadow army. The new hero has to become more powerful than the Hero of Oakvale to save Albion(<- Higher difficulty than any of the previous games), or even raise an army of heroes, maybe even revive the heroes guild. Perhaps Theresa revive the heroes guild, knowing Jack will return with an army to end all armies?

Anyways, that's my long and tiring opinion. Bottom line, I freaking love Jack of Blades, I'd love to see him again, wether it be in a sequel, prequel, or even just a remake. Just a mention of him gets me pumped up. Lionhead can do what they want, I kinda don't like favle nearly as much as I used to. Ever since Fable II really. The style of playing is what keeps me away, I liked the first fable best, I won't go into what I liked and disliked about the controls, that doesn't belong here. I'll finish off by saying, once again, this is my opinion/fantasy of a return of Jack. Lionhead can say he's dead forever, but they've lied/changed their minds before, they can do it again.

Cain

Reaction score
Please don't necro old threads. This discussion is dead and the topic has been discussed multiple times.

1- The hero of oakvale DID take the sword of Aeons, that's a lot of power who wouldn't?
But by doing this he had to kill his sister Theresa, who IS still alive through the next three games (II, III, and The Journey).

I didn't take the sword when I played it. And Lionhead said that he didn't take the sword, which is why the hero of oakvales sister is still alive

2- Lionhead has lied about things before, not just mechanics of the game. I remember when Fable II was being made, we were told there would be a Tower we would return to multiple times, going deeper into the dungeon each time. This tower became the spire, we went to it twice.

Fable 2's story was in development at that time, and most stories in that stage are changed. Its unlikely that Lionhead would change pre-existing lore.

4- Even if the hero destroyed the mask, Jack's soul escaped from it and into a dragon the first time, why couldn't his soul escape again? It's his freakin mask, he can do what he wants right? What would stop him from fleeing the mask before it was destroyed? Or when it was destroyed why wouldn't that release his soul, instead of destroying it?

I don't know if it destroyed him, but it certainly severed his link to albion.

5- (this point may or may not be correct, I never experienced it myself) My friend told me there is a book that said: A man named Jack appeared before Lucien, and convinced him to build the Spire

I believe somebody said earlier in this thread that it was a joke. Probably about how everybody wants Jack to return.

6- Scythe (William Black A.K.A The first Archon), and Theresa are still alive, why not Jack, a being more powerfl than both of them combined?

The comparison dosen't work as what Scythe and Theresa are doing is different. Scythe and Theresa are keeping themselves alive, and even then its difficult, as Scythes body has deteriorated. Jack is dead, and powerful or not, returning from the dead is not something you can do easily.

7- If the hero wore the mask, then he would not have any children. Bulloney, in Fable: the Lost Chapters (as well as the original) there are NUMEROUS oppurtunities to do the nasty, there's even a bordello he could've gone to. ANY of the girls the hero slept with could've born his children, and he nor Jack would know anything about it, allowing the bloodline to flourish.

So hes powerful enough to avoid death, but not powerful enough that a child of the archons bloodline can exist without him knowing? Baloney, he knew where to find red hood and her children and that they were descendants of the archon, showing he keeps a close eye on the bloodline.

8- It's a game, with a fictional story to it. The writer's can do whatever they want. If fans say they want to see their favourite villain return, they can make money off of it by bringing him back. If they did this I would prefer them not to butcher the character, in fact I have a preferred way for Jack to come back AND a way to play the game

Did you ever think they won't bring him back because some fans might not like that? Jack of Blades is my favourite villain, but I don't want him to return just because hes my favourite. TLC's story was fun, but its over. I want to see a new villain, not an old one because he is 'kewl' and my favourite.

Adlez Eluryh

Reaction score
In Fable II there is a book called the hero of Oakvale, in it it says the hero wielded the sword of Aeons. If what you say is true, then Lionhead can't make up they're minds and should get their stories straight without changing their minds later on down the road.

Cain

Reaction score
In Fable II there is a book called the hero of Oakvale, in it it says the hero wielded the sword of Aeons. If what you say is true, then Lionhead can't make up they're minds and should get their stories straight without changing their minds later on down the road.

Theres a book in Fable III that says Hammer and Theresa had sex with each other, but that dosen't mean it happened, it was a joke about fanfics. The book could've been an overlooked mistake by the developers, or as the fable wiki says, it is a deliberate mistake that means the fictional author mixed up Avo's Tear and the Sword of aeons. Add to that Theresa is alive, it dosen't seem likely that he chose to wield the sword of aeons.

Adlez Eluryh

Reaction score
Is there really such a book in Fable III? What the hell? I can see Theresa getting some action, but Hammer? I can't imagine any scenario where she would ever get any, EVER.
As for him wielding Avo's Tear instead... I remember reading somewhere, I don't remember where, (and I don't know it it's true either) that Lionhead designed the Hero of Oakvale to be evil. If that's true he would've wielded Aeons, but of course I'm only hanging on to the slightest strands of hope that Jack isn't dead. Wether he comes back or not doesn't matter to me, I just like the idea that his evil never left and will eventually come back at full force.
Also, could you point me in the direction of a guide that would help me find all the collectibles in Fable III? There's a ridiculous amount of them, and no inventory (What the hell were they thinking?) to keep track of them.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Wasn't there also a book in one of the games that said something about the history of Albion being very spotty? Like historians had a hard time figuring out exactly what happened back then because no one kept good records and that was another reason why the story happens one way and yet there are books that say other stuff happened.

Adlez Eluryh

Reaction score
Thanks for those links.
Yeah I think that was a loading screen in Fable II.
Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, I will continue to believe that Jack is secretly pulling strings from the shadows, and be content.
Lionhead has apparently said Jack will not be in any more of the games, what about any books that may come out? :p
Anyways, I put my two cents in, left with more knowledge than I had before, and left my opinion. Thank you all, and have good times in your futures.

Cain

Reaction score
Thanks for those links.
Yeah I think that was a loading screen in Fable II.
Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, I will continue to believe that Jack is secretly pulling strings from the shadows, and be content.
Lionhead has apparently said Jack will not be in any more of the games, what about any books that may come out? :p
Anyways, I put my two cents in, left with more knowledge than I had before, and left my opinion. Thank you all, and have good times in your futures.

Thank you too for the discussion. I enjoyed hearing your views on this. And I like the idea for a book with Jack in. I would love to see a book about how Jack came to be praised as a hero, perhaps from his perspective and another character who dosen't know who he really is. A cameo from Scythe might be nice as well.

XxHeroOfBladesxX

Reaction score
ok well since Jack is dead and gone then where did the crawler come from and also why dont they make another game for people that put the mask on and kept it around?
according to Fable the Journey the crawler like JoB had an Origin during William Black Time. WB had a disease that was so terrible he fear it would take over his mind so he went back to the void to get rod of it but somehow it turned into these monsters and one of them being the crawler. Like his boss (forgot his name) he was supposed to believe he had the right to rule Albion as WB did.

Later when the spire was built, This caused a rift between Albion and the void which made the crawler escape and attack Albion. She these 3 heroes came and summoned him into the darkness of Aurora to never return. His boss on the other hand want the spire to be rebuilt so they can return.

Theresa has fault for awakening the crawler and the enemies of the void. She manipulated Lucien into building it and claims to stop evil in this world. Then upon success it was also a bad thing because she awaken the crawler and his allies to come and rule over Albion. So she's pretty much evil in my book. And that's how the crawler came.

Last edited: