• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades for Fable 4? (or dlc)

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
How good you find my quickly thought up ideas is not the point. If LH wanted to make Jack live, they could just write him in. Snap of their fingers. Why? It's fiction, in a video game. They can do what you want. Just because you yourself are too narrow minded to recognize this doesn't mean it is the "Truth", and you citing LH as a source is bull; They have said many, many, MANY things that turned out to not be true.

Honestly, I don't want to see Jack come back. If you'd read my first post in the thread you'd see that. You're just not making any logical sense in your argument, and to me all you seem like is a scamp who refuses to listen to reason.

Except they won't because Lionhead has CONFIRMED that they will not be adding Jack back in. Citing the company that makes the games is bull? Just how thickheaded can you possibly be? Yes, they promised a lot and they tend to break those promises but that only applies to the mechanics of the game, not the storyline. They have never mentioned a storyline and lied about it.

Obviously you do if you're this eager to defend him. There is no reasoning behind your posts except that "Lionhead makes the game so they can change it!". Yeah, and that very same company said he wasn't coming back.

Wall of text

When you clean this up and make it a little more coherent, I'll read what you have to say.

bradio12

Reaction score
it would be cool if you meet him in fable 4 (i mean if lionhead will go with the fable 4 old kingdom idea)

Mercenary

Reaction score
Except they won't because Lionhead has CONFIRMED that they will not be adding Jack back in. Citing the company that makes the games is bull? Just how thickheaded can you possibly be? Yes, they promised a lot and they tend to break those promises but that only applies to the mechanics of the game, not the storyline. They have never mentioned a storyline and lied about it.

Obviously you do if you're this eager to defend him. I'm making a thousand times more "logical" sense than you. I'm a "scamp who refuses to listen to reason"? Do you read what you post? Or do you just smash your face into the keyboard and hope for the best? Because quite honestly, that's exactly what it seems like.

I'm not even going to bother responding to you until you clean this mess up and come up with a valid and coherent argument.
Wow this dude is arrogant.... sigh.
They're simply saying that in its current state the game storyline could go anywhere, it's up to lionhead. I personally wouldnt like to see old enemies pop up again unless it's a prequel. But if lionhead want's to ruin the franchise they are perfectly able to do so. People are not saying they will, infact it looks like the majority wouldn't want anything of the sort to happen and I don't see it as they are "defending" lionhead. But the writers of fable can do whatever they want, even invent some silly story like those mentioned in previous posts.

Jamin

Reaction score
of course he is arrogant. but that is ok. since he obviously refuses to acknowledge anything i have said. he simply just wants an argument. and while frankly id be happy to give it to him but based on what im seeing it would be pointless cause he seems to do what he claims we do. ya know i've seen a gif for what your doing. but besides the point as mercenary just said we are agreeing jack will not being in future stories unless of course its a prequel which im not apposed to their nice change of pace from time to time. all we want is for you to do is acknowledge what is being said and not just come back sounding like well as you put it someone just slamming their face into a keep board and hoping for the best. we understand that lionhead has stated that jack will not be appearing in the future of the storyline however we simply stated that based on the information given to use from the previous game and current games it is equally likely that he never was actually completely destroyed.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Wow this dude is arrogant.... sigh.
They're simply saying that in its current state the game storyline could go anywhere, it's up to lionhead. I personally wouldnt like to see old enemies pop up again unless it's a prequel. But if lionhead want's to ruin the franchise they are perfectly able to do so. People are not saying they will, infact it looks like the majority wouldn't want anything of the sort to happen and I don't see it as they are "defending" lionhead. But the writers of fable can do whatever they want, even invent some silly story like those mentioned in previous posts.

Arrogant? Hardly. You should read up on the definition of words before you start throwing them around.

LIONHEAD HAS STATED THAT THE ENDING WHERE JACK OF BLADES' MASK IS PERMANENTLY DESTROYED IS THE CANONICAL ENDING. I.E. HE'S GONE, DEAD AND DONE WITH FOR GOOD.

That is not me being arrogant. That is me stating FACTS which can NOT be argued with.

How many games have you played where a boss was destroyed twice with the second time being permanent and then having him/her/it suddenly reappear in a future game? Now how many of those were made by Lionhead?

I'm going to go ahead and guess... zero, for both.

Just stop arguing. Not only do the three of you have no ground to stand on but you're just dragging this on which eventually turn away from the current subject (i.e. Jack of Blades coming back) to a flame-fest. In fact, it's already begun deteriorating into that.

So save your breath, save yourself some trouble and move on.

Jamin

Reaction score
but your actually wrong...while your right in lionhead games ive not had a boss come back more than once. but in quite a few storylines of "FICTIONAL" (keyword there) movies games tv shows a boss/or main villain can die and come back way later while not in the same game, movie or tv show. just saying ya know..but you however are the one who came into a thread about how it would be technically kinda kool to see jack of blades make another appearance and started continuously call us essentially stupid for being ok with such a thing and understanding that it being well FICTIONAL it could totally happen. ya know call me old fashion but based on it being not real i.e. the definition of fictional means well...anything....can....happen....ya know just saying.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I did not come here and call anyone anything so stop making things up. Lionhead is not going to bring him back. You're trying to argue with factual information by saying "It's fiction, anything can change". That is not a valid argument. No game, movie, etc. has brought a villain back that's been permanently destroyed for any reason let alone "because they can".

Jamin

Reaction score
well based on the fact that you think these are facts you are. its fiction hence why none of it is facts. it did happen in the game but since what happens is a decision of who writes and decides this and can change at any time well ya anything can happen. its a fantasy game hence not real. which means its fiction not fact. an by you saying that it being fiction and not disagreeing with that and still referring to it as facts well that is just wrong.
but as far as lets see...oh yes calling us "worse than the rednecks who honestly believe aliens are probing them because they contain a wealth of information up their ass" ya thats essentially calling us well stupid because we are open to the idea that a ....FICTIONAL! (again keyword) story can not have some elaborate reasoning behind bringing back the best boss the game has seen for any reason what so ever just because they can. again im not saying they will, are or any other thing you think i am just saying they can. because well they can.

Kessd

Reaction score
Who cares if Jack is confirmed dead or not. That really isn't the point. If we want to come up with crazy ideas as to why he may be alive the why do you care?

If he where to come back, the only way I would approve is if he turned out to be an actual challenge. It would also probably be through Reaver. He states that he grows tired of making his way to the shadow court every year, so why not find Jack's Mask instead? After all with it he could defy the shadow court, and still remain immortal.

As for the magma thing, volcanoes do erupt, just sayin.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
No game, movie, etc. has brought a villain back that's been permanently destroyed for any reason let alone "because they can".
Now, I can tell just from reading your posts that you're not a fool. You're clearly an intelligent man. I respect your opinion and I honor your wisdom on this matter because I believe that you're right, Jack shouldn't come back because it would be silly. However... this statement that you just made? Completely untrue. Villains are always getting brought back. Constantly. How many times has Micheal Myers been killed? Freddy Krueger? That Jason guy? What about Gannondorf from the Zelda series? How many times has he been slain by Link only to be brought back in a later installment with an unrelated story? I know that it seems ridiculous, but it is entirely possible that Jack might return. He probably shouldn't, for many reasons, but he is a fictional character and property of Lionhead. They are at liberty to do whatever they want with him. They can bring him back if they so desired. Hopefully they won't, but the chance IS there, and denying it serves no purpose. Let these good people have their harmless speculation.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Now, I can tell just from reading your posts that you're not a fool. You're clearly an intelligent man. I respect your opinion and I honor your wisdom on this matter because I believe that you're right, Jack shouldn't come back because it would be silly. However... this statement that you just made? Completely untrue. Villains are always getting brought back. Constantly. How many times has Micheal Myers been killed? Freddy Krueger? That Jason guy? What about Gannondorf from the Zelda series? How many times has he been slain by Link only to be brought back in a later installment with an unrelated story? I know that it seems ridiculous, but it is entirely possible that Jack might return. He probably shouldn't, for many reasons, but he is a fictional character and property of Lionhead. They are at liberty to do whatever they want with him. They can bring him back if they so desired. Hopefully they won't, but the chance IS there, and denying it serves no purpose. Let these good people have their harmless speculation.

Yes and how many of those villains were destroyed permanently with the company saying that the villain is gone for good? Gannondorf? Both Gannondorf and Link change in every game so it's like no two are the same. Sure, they share similar features but it's like there's a long line of Links and Gannons who just hate each other and go out of their way to save/destroy the world. Lionhead will not be bringing him back. Sure, they CAN if they want to but the fact of the matter is, is that they WON'T and that is something these "good people" need to see.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
It dosen't matter if Jack is truly gone or not. It dosen't matter if he's a fuzzy bunny now. Lionhead seriously isn't stupid enough to dig a character back in, especially after he's technically already come back once because of TLC. If they bring any past enemy back, it should be The Crawler.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
It dosen't matter if Jack is truly gone or not. It dosen't matter if he's a fuzzy bunny now. Lionhead seriously isn't stupid enough to dig a character back in, especially after he's technically already come back once because of TLC. If they bring any past enemy back, it should be The Crawler.

I agree with this, especially the Crawler bit. As far as we know, we didn't actually kill the Crawler but we did manage to kill Walter. That, is a very plausible and reasonable suggestion/theory unlike this Jack of Blades nonsense.

Jamin

Reaction score
seriously...you agree the crawler should come back but have no interest in JoB? however i must revise what i had agreed your not arrogant but ignorant. you don't listen to a thing said you just have some retort that is nonsense. how many times can you refuse to just go about your merry way in peace and bliss accepting that you believ JoB is dead for good and let use enjoy our speculations as to why/how he is capable of coming back. not to mention the crawler is just lame JoB was the best villain this game has had but while i agree at the same time it would be alot easier to say the crawler didn't die just cause walter did. vs saying a omnipotent being in a mask that was cast into lava survived. but dont bother responding to this if your just gonna repeat the same mindless spouting you have been doing. cause frankly its annoying and i just want to enjoy these fine peoples theories on why JoB could come back or actually respected theories for why he wouldn't. we understand your opinion so leave it be. lets hear from someone else who is open to apposing opinions now.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
You don't want Jack back, Jack was good boss but you're obviously far too ignorant to see that he was killed - twice - the last time permanantly. Lionhead just need to make a good boss again. I liked Lucien as a villain because it was more of a personal vendetta but he wasn't a boss at all, and the Crawler I think was just a lazy attempt, having no lore surrounding his motives or background or anything.. They shouldn't and I'm 99% sure they won't bring back Jack of Blades. That'd just be lazy. Make a good villain Lionhead. You've got plenty of lore around Albion with the Void and the Old Kingdom, Rose, Scythe, Theresa, so on.. But you come out with this lameass Crawler who isn't at all interesting and has an army of recycled models from Fable 2.
-.-

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the idea of things coming back, as it's usually not done right. And it's not even about how good one character was, or how much one is loved, it's about marketing. Lionhead isn't going to make this like Twilight, where things keep repeating themselves back and forth. At least, that's my view on it.

Kessd

Reaction score
If Jack did come back what would he be? Probably a fire breathing demon chicken.