• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades for Fable 4? (or dlc)

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
the Crawler I think was just a lazy attempt, having no lore surrounding his motives or background or anything..
-.-

I have to disagree with you there... The Crawler says that he serves a being of the void (or something...) This then ties it in with Albion lore with the void. He doesn't need a motive.. I think he is just like the Commandants. Yeh, they're kinda bad-ass but they just serve under this one guy and there is lots of them!

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you there... The Crawler says that he serves a being of the void (or something...) This then ties it in with Albion lore with the void. He doesn't need a motive.. I think he is just like the Commandants. Yeh, they're kinda bad-ass but they just serve under this one guy and there is lots of them!
Come to think of it, what happened to the Commandants/Spire Soldiers? Surely some of them survived the fall of Lucien, unless Theresa (now the master of the Spire) took away the powers granted to them by the Shards embedded within their bodies? Without a leader or a purpose, what would they do with themselves? Do they serve Theresa now? So many questions unanswered.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Come to think of it, what happened to the Commandants/Spire Soldiers? Surely some of them survived the fall of Lucien, unless Theresa (now the master of the Spire) took away the powers granted to them by the Shards embedded within their bodies? Without a leader or a purpose, what would they do with themselves? Do they serve Theresa now? So many questions unanswered.

No... They were creations of Lucien.. Without their creator they couldn't be created therefore they became extinct...

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
No... They were creations of Lucien.. Without their creator they couldn't be created therefore they became extinct...
Well that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that their lives were tied to Lucien's life? That when he died they all died? I suppose it's possible, it's just not very likely.
Lucien's journals basically tell us how he created them-- he brainwashed normal men to be completely, brutally loyal to his cause and then embedded Shards in their bodies (you can see the Shards in the Commandant's head), which granted them heroic powers. The powers were kind of watered down compared to the kind a genuine Hero wields, but hey, it still made them pretty strong and allowed them to use Will abilities.

My point is that Lucien had a small personal army of these guys. They never appeared in great numbers, but they were numerous enough to become a regular enemy late in the game during Fable II. I can't believe that there would be NONE of them left after Lucien was killed. There had to be at least a few.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Well that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that their lives were tied to Lucien's life? That when he died they all died? I suppose it's possible, it's just not very likely.
Lucien's journals basically tell us how he created them-- he brainwashed normal men to be completely, brutally loyalty to his cause and then embedded Shards in their bodies (you can see the Shards in the Commandant's head), which granted them heroic powers. The powers were kind of watered down compared to the kind a genuine Hero wields, but hey, it still made them pretty strong and allowed them to use Will abilities.

My point is that Lucien had a small personal army of these guys. They never appeared in great numbers, but they were numerous enough to become a regular enemy late in the game during Fable II. I can't believe that there would be NONE of them left after Lucien was killed. There had to be at least a few.

Like you said LUCIEN brainwashed men and embedded shards into them. When he was gone no one carried this one. That is what I'm saying. I think the Commandant was still there in the very end of Fable II even after Lucien died... But in III... They have died out.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Like you said LUCIEN brainwashed men and embedded shards into them. When he was gone no one carried this one. That is what I'm saying. I think the Commandant was still there in the very end of Fable II even after Lucien died... But in III... They have died out.
How did they die out, though? What did they do after Lucien was killed? Did they all kill themselves for having failed Lucien? Did Theresa kill them all? Did the Hero of Bowerstone hunt the rest of them down? I don't actually expect you to know, I'm just curious.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
How did they die out, though? What did they do after Lucien was killed? Did they all kill themselves for having failed Lucien? Did Theresa kill them all? Did the Hero of Bowerstone hunt the rest of them down? I don't actually expect you to know, I'm just curious.

Well, I'm guessing my dad hunted them down and killed every last one of them. Making Albion safer for it's citizens and for me...

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
Actually if youve got the dlc for fable 2 with the arena and you make it far enough to face Commandants and the guards you can hear them quite regualry say they wont go back to the spire to be prisoners and since thersea gave you the arena then im guessing shes the one holding them prisoner

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
It's been 50 years and they were still just normal men, they'd have died out

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Actually if youve got the dlc for fable 2 with the arena and you make it far enough to face Commandants and the guards you can hear them quite regualry say they wont go back to the spire to be prisoners and since thersea gave you the arena then im guessing shes the one holding them prisoner
Amusing.

I personally think that:
A: The Spire Guards/ Commandants etc. got killed off by Theresa. Manipulative B***H!
B: JOB could still return. Fable is a franchise, not a real world. If LH or PM thinks it will sell well, they WILL work out how to write him back in.
C: Fable WILL be ruined at some point in the future, by money-grabbing corporate suits, or PM/LH once they get completely drunk one night, and decide to write Fable 4/5/6 etc. It's just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
Malefic, are you pretaling that Jack is just a mask, and not an evil spirit trapped in the mask. and if said thing were to break (or melted in a volcano) the spirit would be freed?

Reaction score
im sorry jack is dead because the hero's isn’t a hero's anymore if jack came back he would laugh at your self appointed HERO. the HoO is 1000 times the HERO the hero from fable 3 is he has control of space and time the hero of fable 3 is nothing haven’t you noticed that there really hasn’t been a challenge since fable 1 have you killed a kraken have you wielded world changing weapons have you fought a dragon or giant scorpion have you trained with other hero's NO if jack came back fable would be over because ether he would have to let you kill him for you to graze him. Im sorry JACK IS DEAD I am open to people expressing there want of him to come back but don’t spam every forum topic with it it's never going to happen and I think LH wouldn’t know how to give us a boss battle anymore. I have kept my mouth shut to now but HE”S FREAKIN DEAD

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
Amusing.

I personally think that:
A: The Spire Guards/ Commandants etc. got killed off by Theresa. Manipulative B***H!
B: JOB could still return. Fable is a franchise, not a real world. If LH or PM thinks it will sell well, they WILL work out how to write him back in.
C: Fable WILL be ruined at some point in the future, by money-grabbing corporate suits, or PM/LH once they get completely drunk one night, and decide to write Fable 4/5/6 etc. It's just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Nope just booted up the fable 2 disc and you can hear them saying they wont be taken back to the spire as prisoners but regardless if youve read my previous posts on this topic im in complete agreement that that JoB can easily return and LH can throw any cock and bull story to cover it

Recycled Human

Reaction score
The book Samuel references in fable 3 is probably a work of fanfiction probably not the best way to remember your favorite villain of all time...

I'd like to believe this is a little joke by LH on behalf of the people fangirling over jack. His memory really is best served with the canonical ending. I mean, would you really want to revisit your favorite villain only to see/hear something that disappoints you? Something I'm told lh is very keen on doing?

Money is a great motivator but it doesn't make for a good product all the time. I still see people complaining about tlc's jack because of his voice...I can only imagine the outcry if they got even the smallest bit out of place. Then it would be 'how could they ruin my favorite villain?! Greedy LH should have just let him die.' and then where would we be?

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Nope just booted up the fable 2 disc and you can hear them saying they wont be taken back to the spire as prisoners but regardless if youve read my previous posts on this topic im in complete agreement that that JoB can easily return and LH can throw any cock and bull story to cover it
Then i'm agreeing with you. I was expressing my own opinion. not disagreeing with yours!
The book Samuel references in fable 3 is probably a work of fanfiction probably not the best way to remember your favorite villain of all time...

I'd like to believe this is a little joke by LH on behalf of the people fangirling over jack. His memory really is best served with the canonical ending. I mean, would you really want to revisit your favorite villain only to see/hear something that disappoints you? Something I'm told lh is very keen on doing?

Money is a great motivator but it doesn't make for a good product all the time. I still see people complaining about tlc's jack because of his voice...I can only imagine the outcry if they got even the smallest bit out of place. Then it would be 'how could they ruin my favorite villain?! Greedy LH should have just let him die.' and then where would we be?

I would agree, but humans are (at the core) selfish. Call me a pessimist, but if someone throws enough money at LH, or the writers, or PM, or me (so I can throw it at PM), then they will bow to that will.
Jack has already come back. Why can no one see that? He's been here all along.

Its Chesty. How obvious do they need to make it? Really? C'mon.
Totally disagree. Chesty IS NOT JOB. I cannot accept that. Awful. I feel like someone stabbed out my eyes. JoB never had 'super best friends'. Insanity is out of the question as well, as the court have been out of the picture for longer periods (pre old kingdom - fable), and Jack came out as sadistic as ever.

selfishcrow

Reaction score
Fall of the Court

William grew obsessed with the Court, determined to find a way to overthrow it. One night, while consulting a mysterious tome, he was suddenly transported from Albion into the Void. There he met Jack, who sat on a throne surrounded by ghastly figures!!

i think that jack will be back, really
1. the crawler say The Dark Guardian comes! The Dark Guardian will protect us!
2. does statues that look like summoners (the first thing that came to my head was jack)
3. the minions (the Jack of Clubs minions)
4. there is a small talk in a mission that says jack meet lucien

by now is all i got.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I do remeber reading somewhere that Lionhead said that they will NEVER bring Jack back, or set a game in the old kingdom. For the life of me, I can't rember where I read it, only that it was on these forums.

Epiternal

Reaction score
Fall of the Court

William grew obsessed with the Court, determined to find a way to overthrow it. One night, while consulting a mysterious tome, he was suddenly transported from Albion into the Void. There he met Jack, who sat on a throne surrounded by ghastly figures!!

i think that jack will be back, really
1. the crawler say The Dark Guardian comes! The Dark Guardian will protect us!
2. does statues that look like summoners (the first thing that came to my head was jack)
3. the minions (the Jack of Clubs minions)
4. there is a small talk in a mission that says jack meet lucien

by now is all i got.

Now that you mention it, yea I noticed that too, nice one.
Honestly I'd enjoy seeing Jack of Blades make a return in Fable IV or any future Fable game really, he was quite badass, definitely cooler than Lucien and the Crawler.

SpartanJames113

Reaction score
See my problem is that Jack created such a good main antogonist, something subsequent Fables have lacked. Lets reveiw shall we?

Fable 1: Jack of Blades- A truly sinister character, obviously a baddy from the start, but just gets progresivley more evil and powerful. Good boss fight TWICE!

Fable 2: Lucien- A bad guy that we see maybe 3 times the entire game? Dies in one hit from the player, or killed by Reaver if the hero doesn't act soon enough. Not a very epic boss fight.

Fable 3: The Crawler- Good pressence, but is only very breifly in the game despite being a main antagonist. Never got to know it as well as we did Jack. Boss fight was basically a fast version of the Sentinels in the Veiled Path.

Another thing I always liked were soldiers Jack employed. Nothing screams good bad guy like a truly intimidating force.

Fable 1: The Minions- I LOVED Jack's Minions. They were like Anubis Warriors from the Mummy meets Ancient robots. The were fast, they were deadly, and despite being colorful, intimidating. A good henchman.

Fable 2: Lucien's Gaurds- Basic thugs. not really intimidating because they reminded me too much of the guards from Fable.

Fable 3: Shadow Constructs- Took another step in the right direction. Sentinels were intimadating and looked excessivley bad ass. The shadow fiends they summoned were pretty cool even if they were amazingly weak, but that kind of added to thier ghost-iness. The only lacking characters in my mind were the soldiers. Never really had that deadly quality to them, instead the most comical of the three.