• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades vs. Lucien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
Kinda like god sent the flood. Was it really that evil of him? Cities where slum. Whores lined the streets, children had no parents, schools where closing, Job market was bad. I mean maybe it wouldn't of been that bad.

Yes it was a bad thing to do imo.

Langston

Reaction score
Hey guys, Newb posst.

But i like Lucien better for the simple fact that his motives were alot more explained. I get kinda sick of rpg's that all have the bad guy wanting to destroy the world. What good will that do? But to see the emotions thagt Lucien was conflicted with just made the story way deeper.
Honestly, I liked TLC better as a whole and Jack of blades was a way more hardcore boss fight, but i didn't really like his motives.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
I found the ending of TLC quite different than your typical RPG though. If you wear the mask, the latest entry into your diary will be Jack of Blades's. Otherwise, the mask sucks

What I really didn't like about Fable II was its difficulty level. It's an RPG, but it lacked the basic element of boss battle. Fable had many; Thunder, Scorpion, Kraken, Jack of Blades twice. In Fable, it actually felt like you built your character for a reason. Fable II felt like you buffed up your character just so you could work for Lucien as a Spire guard.

Langston

Reaction score
Well they aren't really trying to be your typical rpg as PM has said many times.
Although it would be great if there were more boss battles. I miss the feeling of doing truly heroic deeds like TLC. I didn't feel as much of a hard ass in fable II. And i wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the hero's guild. That was my favorite part of TLC.

Twilight

Reaction score
Jack was actually interesting. To this day he is still one of my favorite villains from any game iv ever played.

Lucien, I found rather dull. I thought after he shot me in the beginning I would be in constant battle with him throughout the game, but instead he doesn't realize your a threat until the last portion of the game. He only made about 4 appearances throughout the entire game which didn't exactly help.

Langston

Reaction score
Thats the reason i liked him. It showed how even a good person, given the correct motive can turn into a complete maniac. Lucien wasn't evil, he was just influenced to heavily by Theresa and the spire and slowly became corrupt. Jack was more evil i will agree with that.

Jace

Reaction score
Personally I believe that Lucien should not of been killed. He was a man that truly couldn't survive without his family. And like any man on this post would of done he found a way to rid of the scum that took them from him and get his family back. I would of done the same thing. Maybe not with force labor but I would of used money from my kingship wallet to fund the project.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
It's really hard to compare an entity who can possess anyone and is immortal to a whinny bitch. But I did enjoy lucien's character and motivations better. Loss of his family. He was torn about killing children. Then it all went wrong and he was like " well I'm gonna kill everything I guess"

Status
Not open for further replies.