• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just got this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
Just got this game!

Hey guys, I just bought myself the new 250Gb Xbox 360 wi-fi. I also got Fable 2, as I was a big fan of the first game. The game has changed quite a bit, it kinda sucks that there is no mini-map to help you find your way around. Anyways, I just reached Oak Field or whatever it is, so I'm not really that far into the game. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should do to earn some money to buy better equipment and stuff. Also, I was wondering where do I buy marriage rings? Also where should I have my character get married, I was thinking the old part of Bowerstone (where you start) as I've made it a nice area by giving that guy the warrants at the start of the game.

Thanks!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Just got this game!

Hallo!

Okey dokey, money isn't all that hard to come by really - if you're prepared to be a little corrupt, it's easier to get than if you stay pure (not the same as being good and evil). There is a money glitch which I'm sure someone will tell you about but if you haven't got anything to work with in the first place, it's kinda pointless.

Best thing is property - buy low, sell high. Even better, buy low and rent high. Cheapest place to start is the gypsy camp where you start your adult life - you can rent out your own caravan to get you started and sell items/weapons/clothes you no longer need. Jobs come along quite often so check your log to see when and where. Barman/maid is the best one, IMO, but woodcutting jobs are nearly all the time in Oakfield. Helping guards with their jobs an be rewarding as it also ups your XP as well as giving you cash.

Rings are found almost everywhere, although check the person who you wish to marry for their preference. If you look at their stats when locked onto them, you will see what they do and don't like - if they seem quite posh, a beggar's ring or mood ring is going to be rejected. The jeweller outside the pub in Bowerstone Marketplace normally has a good selection of rings - a 3 star ring is pretty good as an all-rounder.

Also in the stats will be the person's preferred area to live/visit - if you can afford the area, get a property there. If not, have them follow you around once engaged and listen out for their comments as you pass each available building. Once you marry, you'll get some money for it and your spouse usually has a gift for you immediately which you can either keep, use or sell. To be honest, it doesn't matter an awful lot where you live so long as you keep the other half happy.

Any property you do have needs to be in good decorative order. As and when you can, use the furniture shops available to you and swap your broken or worn items for decorative or luxury. This ups the value of your property tremendously. If properties are too much, businesses can sometimes be cheaper for a time, especially stalls rather than buildings. Again, set things to +100% to rake in the cash quicker, although it will corrupt you and people won't be awfully pleased.

But who cares, right? You'll be rich :D

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

As far as money goes, property is the lazy way to make money, and I guess it works.

But if you want to start making real money, get into the weapons trade. Buy as much stuff as you can from the Bowerstone Market blacksmith, and sell them to the wandering traders in the Fairfax Gardens. Rest for seven days at the inn, then repeat the process.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

Awesome, thanks guys, I'm really starting to enjoy Fable 2 a lot more now that I have a better understanding of it.

mr man

The local mind controller
Reaction score

collect legendary weapons
they make you luk cool :neo:

Status
Not open for further replies.