• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just wondering about your opinion

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I loved fable 3 (despite some of its flaws) and i really enjoyed the dialogue which made me love some of the characters.
But what i want to discuss is (and its going to seem shallow) which characters did you like? I pretty much liked all of the male characters but hated the female ones. I don't know, they just seemed bitchy and whiney to me (ironic?) does anyone else think so?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well seeing as I border on misogynist most of the time, I'd have to say I don't like the female characters (except Theresa because she seems like a bit of a troll to me anyway). They are either bossy and domineering or as wet as a bath full of water - I always get my missus killed a the beginning of the game just because I can - all she wants to do is hold hands and, as a young prince, I don't have time for that sort of nonsense. Plenty of women will put out for me in the game - why bother with all that giggling and blushing rubbish?

And as for Paige? She's one of those women I can't stand - pushy and bossy and loud and blah blah blah. Woman, if you can't keep it shut then it's time to fit a muzzle. And if you're trying to lead a rebellion in my own kingdom then someone has obviously lengthened your chain too much and you've somehow wandered out of the kitchen and gotten ideas above your station. Now go make me a pie.

(If I wrote this sort of thing on any of our other forums I'd be beaten mercilessly by the feminists that haunt them...maybe I'll do it anyway just to troll?)

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Well seeing as I border on misogynist most of the time, I'd have to say I don't like the female characters (except Theresa because she seems like a bit of a troll to me anyway). They are either bossy and domineering or as wet as a bath full of water - I always get my missus killed a the beginning of the game just because I can - all she wants to do is hold hands and, as a young prince, I don't have time for that sort of nonsense. Plenty of women will put out for me in the game - why bother with all that giggling and blushing rubbish?

And as for Paige? She's one of those women I can't stand - pushy and bossy and loud and blah blah blah. Woman, if you can't keep it shut then it's time to fit a muzzle. And if you're trying to lead a rebellion in my own kingdom then someone has obviously lengthened your chain too much and you've somehow wandered out of the kitchen and gotten ideas above your station. Now go make me a pie.

(If I wrote this sort of thing on any of our other forums I'd be beaten mercilessly by the feminists that haunt them...maybe I'll do it anyway just to troll?)

Feminists? We have our own movement now?
I must have missed it from the never ending baking.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Feminists? We have our own movement now?
I must have missed it from the never ending baking.

Everyone's not used to you being a woman, yet, I guess... :/

Anyway, looking at Fable III is particular, almost all of the characters are generic and stereotypical. You have Paige, who represents the strong, bitchy woman leading a rebellion, like the feminist movement. You have your girlfriend, the typical damsel in distress. But the guys also seem stereotypical: Walter is this old time soldier/ mentor, Ben the charming witty Han Solo-esque guy, Major Swift is this typical top soldier whose sole purpose in life is to protect the kingdom yadayadayada.

Though, I must agree. I find the guys more entertaining than the girls. Ben and Walter are incredible, and Jasper is goddamn funny.

Actually, come to think of it, the male voice actors are a hell lot more prominent than the female ones. A lot better, too. Could be a contributing factor. I remember back in Mass Effect 1, the voice actor for the male Shepard was god awful when compared to the female Shepard's voice actress (can't remember anyones' names at the moment), and because of this, I preferred playing FemShep.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Everyone's not used to you being a woman, yet, I guess... :/

Anyway, looking at Fable III is particular, almost all of the characters are generic and stereotypical. You have Paige, who represents the strong, bitchy woman leading a rebellion, like the feminist movement. You have your girlfriend, the typical damsel in distress. But the guys also seem stereotypical: Walter is this old time soldier/ mentor, Ben the charming witty Han Solo-esque guy, Major Swift is this typical top soldier whose sole purpose in life is to protect the kingdom yadayadayada.

Though, I must agree. I find the guys more entertaining than the girls. Ben and Walter are incredible, and Jasper is goddamn funny.

Actually, come to think of it, the male voice actors are a hell lot more prominent than the female ones. A lot better, too. Could be a contributing factor. I remember back in Mass Effect 1, the voice actor for the male Shepard was god awful when compared to the female Shepard's voice actress (can't remember anyones' names at the moment), and because of this, I preferred playing FemShep.

I think its because i haven't chosen a particularly feminine name. i don't mind in some cases :p

thats a very good point actually. Its a flip from the mass effect games XD although didn't like most of the female characters either in mass effect other than kasumi, femshep, tali and samara.
but yeah, women of fable 2 and 3, bane of my life. Except for Theresa.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I think its because i haven't chosen a particularly feminine name. i don't mind in some cases :p

thats a very good point actually. Its a flip from the mass effect games XD although didn't like most of the female characters either in mass effect other than kasumi, femshep, tali and samara.
but yeah, women of fable 2 and 3, bane of my life. Except for Theresa.

KASUMI!!!! WANT HER SO BADLY RARGH!!!!! *Huge Kasumi fan*

I... like Theresa, too... Too old for me, though...

This is my Albion

Reaction score
KASUMI!!!! WANT HER SO BADLY RARGH!!!!! *Huge Kasumi fan*

I... like Theresa, too... Too old for me, though...

Do you like kasumi for any particularly reason? Like her kleptomania or is it an Asian fetish? XD

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Do you like kasumi for any particularly reason? Like her kleptomania or is it an Asian fetish? XD

Well, I'm Asian... But... I don't know... She's cute... And that purple-blue lipstick marking, woooooooo.... Its the little things that get me. And she's soooo random!

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Well, I'm Asian... But... I don't know... She's cute... And that purple-blue lipstick marking, woooooooo.... Its the little things that get me. And she's soooo random!

She does have some great lines especially during the grey box mission.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I'm in love with a group of awesome pixels... Nice...

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Ok, i exaggerated. But sometimes, artists who dabble in fanart fall in love with the fictional characters

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Gogh-vincent-van-c-face-half.jpg

O.O

Well, honestly, that ain't pixels... Thats crayon smudged into... whoever that is...