• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Key mapping for PC.

Krskull

Reaction score
I am having some problems with the Key mapping. for example the EXP orb attract and the active magic use the same buttons. and i can't assign them to two different buttons. also i can't change the mouse buttons too.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with the latest patch on PC they unlocked more of the keys for remapping on the keyboard in the Options menu. Either way though for 100% remapping, you'll have to change the keys within the BaseInput.ini file at this location:

ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/FableAnniversary/Engine/Config/BaseInput.ini

In the BaseInput.ini file the section for keyboard is the "--- General bindings" section. Should be as simple as renaming the button entries that are in quotations to whatever you desire so for example "F4" = Exit, and instead should be able to change it to "F8" = Exit, and so on.

Make sure you backup the file just in case (though Steam can easily restore it if you screw it up anyway). Honestly the process is pretty annoying which is why I just play with an Xbox controller instead. Hope this helped.

Krskull

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with the latest patch on PC they unlocked more of the keys for remapping on the keyboard in the Options menu. Either way though for 100% remapping, you'll have to change the keys within the BaseInput.ini file at this location:

ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/FableAnniversary/Engine/Config/BaseInput.ini

In the BaseInput.ini file the section for keyboard is the "--- General bindings" section. Should be as simple as renaming the button entries that are in quotations to whatever you desire so for example "F4" = Exit, and instead should be able to change it to "F8" = Exit, and so on.

Make sure you backup the file just in case (though Steam can easily restore it if you screw it up anyway). Honestly the process is pretty annoying which is why I just play with an Xbox controller instead. Hope this helped.

Hmm i got to check that. thanks for the help