• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Will no doubt be used as a way to experiment with a female character and listen to some feedback on the sequences to see how to use her best. Bet if she is popular or they can find a way to use a female character properly there will be DLC including her or another female character.
Now, let's not think too far ahead, DD. Otherwise we'll come up with all sorts of silly expectations and as Fable fans we've been there before. Remember? Remember the eighteenth of October?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Now, let's not think too far ahead, DD. Otherwise we'll come up with all sorts of silly expectations and as Fable fans we've been there before. Remember? Remember the eighteenth of October?

Was a 'maybe' more than an expectation, besides what I have seen in the videos I dont really have any more expectations of the game or its future than what they have spoken about already. However its obvious they are dedicated to the game and had many ideas and visions that they didnt think possible due to funds that they can now start to consider. Quite possible that they might also even start to look past that with over double their needed goal fund (stands at £668,104 currently).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
There's no need to be fatalist about this subject. A good female character is always welcomed.

Not if she's just stuck in the tutorial.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
The combat looks nice, and seems like a fresh approach to combat when compared to say, Skyrim.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The combat looks nice, and seems like a fresh approach to combat when compared to say, Skyrim.

I like the more realistic approach its going for and the combat styles, much more of a tactical approach to it than run in swinging until the enemies health runs out. If they can make the AI react realistically to wounds with blades, blunt weapons and arrows I shall be very happy. Even the alpha footage looks decent so when they have polished it a little and added more animations it could be something special. Hoping for realistic arrow damage as not many games have ever managed to pull that off.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Kingdom Come: Deliverance confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC. They have already received their Xbox One dev kits with PS4 kits to follow. Also if they hit £1 million mark the game will include a dog companion that will accompany you through the game and also help in combat.

• If you backed a tier with digital copy of the game, you can choose any platform you want, on any tier.
    • If you backed a tier with boxed copy and want a console version, we can send you the box and other goodies, depending on your tier. If at all possible, we will give you the disk with the game, otherwise you will get the digital version.
    • The Alpha version access is confirmed for Windows version only. We are working with other platform holders to see if it could be made available there, but we cannot promise anything yet.
    • The Beta access will be available on Windows, Linux and Mac at least; it may also be available on consoles but we cannot confirm it yet.
The games kickstarter currently stands at 29,652 Backers who have pledged a total of £942,979 and there is still 37 hours to go until pledges are stopped.​

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It has smashed the £1 million mark and now stands at 32,716 Backers £1,032,788 with 12 hours to go

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well the kickstarter has come to an end and they managed to raise a little more than their £300,000 goal and actually raised a whopping £1,106,016 thanks to 35,384 backers.

They have issued a thank you letter to all who have shown faith in the game already.

A month ago, we were all pretty nervous. After almost two years of struggle, we faced a do-or-die situation. There was no other chance to get financing for our game than doing a crowd-funding campaign. No publisher was willing to risk their money on a weird, historical game for a “niche” audience. No investor was going to step in without proof that their investment was going to pay off.

It wasn’t all hopeless; we had research that proved that the ideas of our game were resonating with gamers. But other voices were skeptical – “Kickstarter’s popularity is waning.” “The Olympics will sap our coverage.” “We’re not true indies – Kickstarter isn’t for people like us…”

I was very nervous. I had done my homework. I had studied all the unsuccessful campaigns that asked for more than US$500,000, and I knew a lot about the campaigns for projects similar to ours that managed to raise way over one million dollars. Those that didn’t had done something wrong, or their games just weren’t good enough. But was our game good enough?

And what about the press? Were they going to like it? Hadn’t they seen things much better behind closed doors? Some unannounced, next-gen, big-budget RPG we could never compete with? Were they going to be interested in a weird game from a little studio from some small country far, far away?

Then there were our fellow citizens in the Czech Republic – the most skeptical and sarcastic nation on the planet: “You are crazy! Who is going to be interested in history! In OUR history! Nobody cares about us!”

Hell, we even had problems finding a PR agency to represent us. We tried to hire several two months before the campaign, but everyone basically ignored us. Everyone told us that they don’t do Kickstarters – that press doesn’t cover Kickstarter projects anymore. Luckily, we met Corey Wade from US agency Sandbox Strategies, who believed in the project and quickly brought in Claudia Kuehl and Patrick Schroder from DELASOCIAL to focus on Germany. They got us in front of the press and thankfully the journalists responded positively and posted thoughtful previews of the game early in the Kickstarter campaign.

It took us a whole weekend to shoot the Kickstarter video with me telling the story. It was a last minute recording, and we did it in English knowing that, if my accent was too thick, it could have a terrible impact. I’m not a native speaker - how could our video compete with their awesome work?

That’s what was in our minds when we pressed that green PUBLISH button on our Kickstarter page one month ago…

The day we launched our campaign, I woke up in the morning to find we were the lead article on the front page of GameSpot, with our artwork all over the screen. Wow. And there was so much more to come. The response from gamers was even better. Better than we could ever wish for. It became clear that there are quite a few people out there who have similar tastes in games to our own.

The main “reason” we were rejected by all the publishers turned out to be totally false. Not only do people not need fantasy or magic or dragons to enjoy a game, they desperately want games without them! Along the way, we were fortunate to receive support and promotion for the game from such personas as Chris Roberts, Brian Fargo, Sven Vincke, and others. It’s really been one helluva ride.

We have raised almost 400% of our original goal. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is among the 30 most-funded Kickstarter projects of all time and in the top 15 of videogame projects. We have 35 thousand backers, with an average pledge of US$52. Our YouTube channel has more than a million views.

Simply said: You are awesome! Thank You!

So, what’s next? Now we have to make the game! We feel a lot of responsibility and obligation to deliver on our vision after so many people put so much of their trust into our project. It’s going to be hard to satisfy all those expectations, but we will do all we can not to disappoint you.

I will finally have time to sit down with the designers and start writing the quests and storyline. Next month, we will be joined by twelve new colleagues (some of them quite experienced senior developers from the recently disbanded 2K Czech studio in Prague). In just a few months, we plan to grow to more than 50 people, so we can make the big game we first dreamed of.

Of course, we will continue to openly blog about development, as we have in the past. Since we don’t need to hide anything anymore, it should be even more interesting. You can follow our blog here.

And if you want to stay informed about what is going on, please follow our: Facebook page, Twitter and YouTube channel.

We will also continue to raise money on our own webpage, where you will be able to get most of the same, terrific rewards and early access to the game, if for whatever reason you didn’t or couldn’t pledge in the past month. Our shop will accept PayPal and Amazon Payments, as many of you asked. We will continue to add new stretch goals as we can.

As promised, we will release an Alpha version in about six months to all those who pledged Baron-level support and higher, and we’ll be carefully looking at your feedback on our forums, which are open to all of our backers. By mid-2015, we should release the Beta, followed by the final version of Act I.

So, on behalf of the whole team, thank you again for your generous support and enthusiasm. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we are going to have a little celebration!

Cheers!

Dan Vávra Creative Director, Warhorse Studios

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Early Alpha Gameplay v0.2

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Today we are introducing new features in Tech Alpha 0.3 including lock picking mini game, temporary voice overs or basic perception. Dan is also talking about plans for E3, Beta version and new release date. In the end we invite you to Bitva Libušín or Battle of the Nations in Prague.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh wait, now I remember this game, hah! Definitely very interested. I have to say though, having a female character restricted to tutorial only, is a major negative for me. I can play as a guy easily, but in a roleplaying sense it's easier for me to get invested in my character if she's a chick. 'Cuz I'm a chick. Ya know?

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh wait, now I remember this game, hah! Definitely very interested. I have to say though, having a female character restricted to tutorial only, is a major negative for me. I can play as a guy easily, but in a roleplaying sense it's easier for me to get invested in my character if she's a chick. 'Cuz I'm a chick. Ya know?

Been delayed until Summer 2016 so who knows what could happen between now and then. Beta is coming later in the year apparently. Warhorse listen to fans a lot so I would imagine they will listen to all feedback about this.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Been delayed until Summer 2016 so who knows what could happen between now and then. Beta is coming later in the year apparently. Warhorse listen to fans a lot so I would imagine they will listen to all feedback about this.

Here's hoping. If they added a full-time female character I'd buy this game in a heartbeat.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Here's hoping. If they added a full-time female character I'd buy this game in a heartbeat.

Without wanting to sound like an ass here, but, I don't think that will happen. The game itself is going for historical accuracy and realism as its main goal, right? So I can't personally see many female knights being included.

As much as any of us would want that.

Most women in this era of history were farmers, ladies of the court, whores, nuns, peasants, or just plain ol' milkmaids. Unless I'm mistaken. But I'm sure you could have had a small percentage of femme fatales who were just sellswords back in the medieval days. It is a game after all I'm sure they could just forget that one small discrepancy.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Was pretty pumped for this game and I managed to find it entirely by accident at that due to some Fallout 4 hype, the graphics look incredible and the attention to detail is impeccable. The female character relegated to tutorial issue is a turn-off for me as well though and their reasoning is a bit much. I mean it's not entirely unrealistic to have a one-in-a-million female that rises against the grind (e.g. Joan of Arc), games do it all the time.

If it's realism they're so concerned about then why not add that extra layer of hardship and oppression that comes with being a strong woman in those times?

Really, they picked a fine time to choose such. Last thing Warhorse needs is to get sucked up in that ridiculous gamergate nonsense. As Hermy (still getting used to the new name) said, at the end of the day this is still a video game, there's no crime in bending the rules a little bit and I'm sure they'll be wanting to make as much money as possible.