• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KOTOR 2 restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hexadecimal

Re: KOTOR 2 restoration

this restoration project is taking FOREVER...

... and it wasn't just the ending that wasn't all it could have been, there were tons of scenes which were cut from the game that you can still listen to and/or read...

as completely mind blowingly great as that game was there was a lot that just got botched together in the final product... it saddened me that such an amazing game could have been so much better...:(

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm more ****ed that they haven't gotten their act together and made KoTOR III WTF‼‼‼

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;42537 said:
I'm more ****ed that they haven't gotten their act together and made KoTOR III WTF‼‼‼

who exactly do you mean by "they"?

if by "they" you mean Obsidian Entertainment, they have already made it clear that they are completely willing to go to work on the sequel as soon as LucasArts gives them the go ahead... so don't get mad at them...

In an interview with 1up, albeit a little old, though I doubt their position has changed, they stated

"We have been talking with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we hoped to do it since KOTOR2 was done," he told the website. "LucasArts is thinking what they want to do with it and we would happily make KOTOR3, if that's what LucasArts wants to do."
KOTOR3 Not Yet In Development news from 1UP.com

as for LucasArts, they seem to be focused on other projects at the moment, but have stated that they do have an interest in continuing with the Old Republic storyline in some fashion...

In an interview with businessweek they said

“We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises.”
There's More to Lucas Than Star Wars, You Know

so, all that's really left to do is wait and tear our hair out... but better off waiting forever than ending up with another half finished product like we got with the last one...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Yea I used they intentionally to be vague. I read that Obsidian wanted to do it. I thought I saw something where Microsoft wasn't sure they wanted Obsidian but I have no links for that.

Cool link from BusinessWeek thanks + rep

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;42544 said:
I thought I saw something where Microsoft wasn't sure they wanted Obsidian but I have no links for that.

Microsoft wasn't sure they wanted Obsidian for what? o_O

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;42546 said:
KoTOR III

Microsoft isn't involved in the KotOR franchise... the copyright is held exclusively by LucasArts leaving them the only ones who can "want" anyone for any possible sequels...

B

Bethrezen

the restoration may take aeons to finish (by the way happy birthday Hexadecimal :D)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Although it might take forever i guess its better for them to be restoring what was a great game and making it better, as people unhappy with KOTOR II might purchase the restored one then be more interested in getting KOTOR III (when it is FINALLY made)

H

Hexadecimal

Dark Drakan;42611 said:
... as people unhappy with KOTOR II might purchase the restored one then be more interested in getting KOTOR III (when it is FINALLY made)

well... they aren't making a restored version of the game available for purchase, but rather a series of mods which utilize content previously removed from the final version of the game... if they tried selling this as a new version of the game LucasArts would shut them down in a heart beat

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;42622 said:
well... they aren't making a restored version of the game available for purchase, but rather a series of mods which utilize content previously removed from the final version of the game... if they tried selling this as a new version of the game LucasArts would shut them down in a heart beat

Ahh i see, can tell i know nothing about the restoration really.... :unsure:

That sounds like a better idea actually, plus saves people buying the product again and feeling even more ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.