• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KoTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: KoTOR

I didnt play the first but i have got the 2nd, i really liked it actually but got stuck and didnt want to start again so stopped playing it :(

T

Talvar

Dark Drakan said:
I didnt play the first but i have got the 2nd, i really liked it actually but got stuck and didnt want to start again so stopped playing it :(

I really recommend playing the first one, it is a classic and a superb rpg, the story is excellent and far better the 2nd. Check any game site and they'll all give it a good rating

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
I really recommend playing the first one, it is a classic and a superb rpg, the story is excellent and far better the 2nd. Check any game site and they'll all give it a good rating

I probably would have done a while ago but i tend not to 'go back' and play games now that are old or earlier in the series.

C

Crazyarms

I own the first one, and ive beaten it like 10 times! its a great game. i still havent done everything you can do. theres so many chocies to do that will change the game.

Example said:
When your on the water world (been a long time since i played it) you can decide to poison the giant fish, or destroy the machine that is bugging him. If you poison him, the price for med packs will go up. (biggest mistake ever), but destroying the machine is a pain in the ass.

Its a great game, i dont have the second one because it was made by a different company and i thought they would change too many things.

T

Talvar

Its a great game, i dont have the second one because it was made by a different company and i thought they would change too many things.

The gameplay is more or less the same, its just that the story is rushed as lucasarts pushed for a release date.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
The gameplay is more or less the same, its just that the story is rushed as lucasarts pushed for a release date.

Yeah that was a shame as the designers could have made it a true great game if they hadnt.

T

Talvar

yep, the characters should have been explored more and they should have had a better meaning

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

<moniacle tone of voice> You people seem to like it more than Fable, that is not true...is it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
<moniacle tone of voice> You people seem to like it more than Fable, that is not true...is it?

Not in a sense no but it is a great game in its own right, fighting is better in Fable though and more customisation in it aswel but KOTOR story is deeper and moral choices arent so clean cut. sometimes you think your being good but it ends up you being evil.

C

Crazyarms

Dark Drakan said:
KOTOR story is deeper and moral choices arent so clean cut. sometimes you think your being good but it ends up you being evil.

Yeah thats what i like about the game. You think your a good guy, but it turns out you were helping the wrong people. Makes you think more about what you are doing.

P.S. KoTOR is back-ward compatible with the 360.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
Yeah thats what i like about the game. You think your a good guy, but it turns out you were helping the wrong people. Makes you think more about what you are doing.

P.S. KoTOR is back-ward compatible with the 360.

I got to get myself a hard drive for it yet :blush:

T

Talvar

Im in a sort of a fable faze at the moment, but last time it was kotor

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
Im in a sort of a fable faze at the moment, but last time it was kotor

Im in an Oblivion phase at the minute and probably for the next 6 months :lol:

T

Talvar

I just ordered Morrowind Game of the Year Edition of Ebay, so that will take over me for a good while=]

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
I just ordered Morrowind Game of the Year Edition of Ebay, so that will take over me for a good while=]

Good game in its own right though it was to buggy for me and combat was poor, Oblivion is such an improvement but Morrowind as a game thats going to occupy your time is a very good choice ;)

T

Talvar

It was recommended by a person who also recommended Fable, i think ill ask him to join here

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
It was recommended by a person who also recommended Fable, i think ill ask him to join here

Yeah i recommend it as a great RPG it got voted as one of best ever as will Oblivion i should think.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Talvar said:
gamespot have given Oblivion a really good rating

Yeah everywhere has even IGN lol and all the game mags, and well deserved also!

Status
Not open for further replies.