• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's go Jr. !!!!

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
My sister and I wanted this to happen when Fable 2 got out when we figured out that you can have children. We thought that it would be cool that when your child gets old enough you can train them to fight with you in quests. Like maybe when you go off on a quest your offspring wants to go with you. He/She could be a normal NPC. I'm not really sure how they would die though. If they died not a lot of people would go off to train their kid......

This is my Albion

Reaction score
And the parent of the year award goes to... *dramatic drumroll*

no but seriously, that would be freaking annoying but at least they'd stop asking you where you've been and why you haven't been home for so long.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Plus how would it work if the main hero ages? Would they age with you?

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Plus how would it work if the main hero ages? Would they age with you?
Of course! I'm not going to have a toddler with a sword following me around!

But ya when they turn into a young adult or something you have to option to train them.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Of course! I'm not going to have a toddler with a sword following me around!

But ya when they turn into a young adult or something you have to option to train them.

It'd be awesome if the way you raise them and train them affects their moral alignment. Like the more you see them and play with them then they'll be nice.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
You two are on a roll, with the message spikes going through the roof because of you two. :p

It'd be awesome if the way you raise them and train them affects their moral alignment. Like the more you see them and play with them then they'll be nice.

That would be a cool mechanism. In Fable 2, the way your kid interacts with you and others reflects your own alignment. With the Fable 2 expression system, that mechanism can easily be added to the game. Not sure about the kid growing up to teen size and beyond. That will definitely be a headache to the programmers.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
It would be and with the amount of f**ks the lionhead gives is none.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Of course! They need to playtest Fable's combat. They need to drink so much like the average gamer, so they are drunk and still can press the one "do-all-awesome-stuff" button.

And now, I understand....

New Mission: Sneak in and replace vodka with coffee. Lets see what'll happen then!

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Well they just might make the best game on earth, and then some more