• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Likes, Dislikes, & Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Reaction score
I'm talking about how people complain about melee and guns being underpowered while magic is overpowered. Oh big whoop, you had to use magic a couple of times.

Just sayin'. I think most here would agree that magic was the easiest of the three. :D

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Just sayin'. I think most here would agree that magic was the easiest of the three. :D

Good for them. They're the same people who think Jack of Blades will come back and that Reaver isn't evil (among other things). Their opinions are... laughable, at best.

Lynne

Reaction score
Good for them. They're the same people who think Jack of Blades will come back and that Reaver isn't evil (among other things). Their opinions are... laughable, at best.

Man you have this awful tendency to generalize everyone into one category. Usually this category includes everyone who isn't you. People that disagree with you aren't wrong or stupid or "laughable". They just don't agree with you and that's okay. This isn't you versus the world, you know. You believe one way, others believe another. So what? We can't predict the future of the games, so maybe Reaver will turn his pretty cheek the other way, and maybe JoB will come back and plant flowers on Max & Sam's graves. People are allowed to disagree.

Mattra

Reaction score
The weapon morphing system. There's plenty of room for improvement (Why cant I have a wolf or balverine hilt?), though the ability to create your own (somewhat) unique weapon is a very nice feature. Blood dripping weapons are soo awesome. =D

The graphics, they simple took my breath away. Lionshead really knows how to draw good scenery. I really felt like I was a part of the world of Albion.

Dislikes:
Why does the basic male and female character look the same? No matter how many tattoos I add or taller I get, they overall look the same. Now those ideas are fantastic and all, but if this really is a 'Fable', shouldnt YOU be the one who decides exactley how you look? Its not too hard to have interchangable face and hair parts (The 360 has the power to run it and PCs certainly do) , Most MMOs have them, and with the creativity and graphics of Lionshead, it could be a huge smash.

Magic: I personally love to come in sword drawn, but I agree with others; Magic is waaaaay too powerful. I could kill an enemy with my sword in a minute, but a magic user could Shock or Fireball a whole group in that time. Honestly, not really loving the unbalanced gameplay here.

Overall, though I love Fable 3. The whole Fable series have always been my favorites games. The feature Id like to see is cool ways to sheath/unsheath your weapons. Like how Link from Twilight Princess did it. Thatd be cool.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Man you have this awful tendency to generalize everyone into one category. Usually this category includes everyone who isn't you. People that disagree with you aren't wrong or stupid or "laughable". They just don't agree with you and that's okay. This isn't you versus the world, you know. You believe one way, others believe another. So what? We can't predict the future of the games, so maybe Reaver will turn his pretty cheek the other way, and maybe JoB will come back and plant flowers on Max & Sam's graves. People are allowed to disagree.

Yes, people are allowed to disagree and so am I. I don't expect people to see things my way or agree with me all the time but some things are absolutely absurd; i.e. arguing about FACTUAL information.

Magic: I personally love to come in sword drawn, but I agree with others; Magic is waaaaay too powerful. I could kill an enemy with my sword in a minute, but a magic user could Shock or Fireball a whole group in that time. Honestly, not really loving the unbalanced gameplay here.

First of all, you're not forced to use magic. Secondly, you're not forced to use certain combinations of magic. Third, what would you propose they do? Make it so we can only attack one enemy at a time? Yeah, that sounds really fun. It seems to me people are just upset because they actually made magic viable this time around. Original Fable had melee as overpowered, second game had ranged as overpowered and now we have the third game where neither of those are overpowered anymore but magic is still the same as it has always been. It only happens to be more noticeable because everything else got toned down.

Lynne

Reaction score
Yes, people are allowed to disagree and so am I. I don't expect people to see things my way or agree with me all the time but some things are absolutely absurd; i.e. arguing about FACTUAL information.

First of all, you're not forced to use magic. Secondly, you're not forced to use certain combinations of magic. Third, what would you propose they do? Make it so we can only attack one enemy at a time? Yeah, that sounds really fun. It seems to me people are just upset because they actually made magic viable this time around. Original Fable had melee as overpowered, second game had ranged as overpowered and now we have the third game where neither of those are overpowered anymore but magic is still the same as it has always been. It only happens to be more noticeable because everything else got toned down.

I propose that each time you do a spell it only destroys an 1/8th of the left ear of the enemy with each hit.. That should do it.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there. Ranged has been toned down a bit (no aiming and no rapid fire red dragon ... Unless I missed it) but toning down the beast it was in fable 2 doesn't mean it's not still grossly overpowered. With magic you at least get hit sometimes but with ranged it just isn't an issue.

I'm playing through as ranged with the sandgoose and nothing can touch me, between copious use of the dodge roll and being able to do so out of a flourish coupled with the severe damage output of the sandgoose and, not to be out done, it's range...it's simply no contest.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Given the amount of bugs, lack of variety in weaponry, clothing, etc. and the numerous other shortcomings of the game, I'd say it's very broke if not completely shattered.[/quote]

Are you aware I was referring to Fable 2? "If it aint broke don't fix it" Fable 2 wasn't broke so... Make sense now?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Are you aware I was referring to Fable 2? "If it aint broke don't fix it" Fable 2 wasn't broke so... Make sense now?

This isn't the Fable II sub-forum, so no, it doesn't make sense. Also, Fable II IS broken. There are so many bugs still in that game and some of them are very game-breaking too. Especially the one where Lady Grey just vanishes after you do the quest which allows you to let her fall in love with you or the creepy guy who has a fetish for dead things.

Just wanted to throw this out there. Ranged has been toned down a bit (no aiming and no rapid fire red dragon ... Unless I missed it) but toning down the beast it was in fable 2 doesn't mean it's not still grossly overpowered. With magic you at least get hit sometimes but with ranged it just isn't an issue.

I'm playing through as ranged with the sandgoose and nothing can touch me, between copious use of the dodge roll and being able to do so out of a flourish coupled with the severe damage output of the sandgoose and, not to be out done, it's range...it's simply no contest.

Exactly! I get hit quite a lot charging up my spells and sure, I can hit a lot of enemies at once but they don't all get hit (thanks for the lousy targeting system, Lionhead) and they don't always die on the first spell (unless I do a single-target spell). But guns? Swords? I can dodge and weave in & out between enemies and I never get touched. My rifle I'm using now you get for free and it's just ridiculous. Everything I shoot dies in one hit.

I propose that each time you do a spell it only destroys an 1/8th of the left ear of the enemy with each hit.. That should do it.

Well, considering the amount of people whining about it being overpowered, I seriously would not doubt if they actually did nerf it that badly.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
This isn't the Fable II sub-forum, so no, it doesn't make sense. Also, Fable II IS broken. There are so many bugs still in that game and some of them are very game-breaking too. Especially the one where Lady Grey just vanishes after you do the quest which allows you to let her fall in love with you or the creepy guy who has a fetish for dead things.

I'm sorry you are unable to understand a simple statement.

sergel02

Reaction score
Hey i'm new here.

Anywho:

1. They gave the Hero a voice. My favorite thing. Added a whole new dimension. and the voice-acting i thought was great in this.

2. Spell-weaving.

3. The quests were fun i think.

4. The story and characters. They really were a highlight of the game.

5. Jasper and the Sanctuary. For me it was a nice place to go if a fight was getting to out of hand and i want to take a break.

6. Combat: i found the combat simple and fun.

6. I actually never liked the expression wheel. I liked the simplicity of this, but with that being said...

Dislikes:

1. There was such a lack of choice with expressions. Also i hated trying to improve the relationship with ppl, as it was very redundant.

2. Length: My biggest dislike. With all the negatives of the game, i still would have enjoyed it a ton if the main story was at least twice as long.

3. The quests: While fun, they were too infrequent. There were only a handful of quests. I think games like Oblivion did it well as far as how much stuff you could do.

4. The moprhing: i liked the concept, but i think the execution was a bit choppy. I also hated how my character wouldn't really morph at all. I had little reason to follow the morality system. And i wish that if i used hammer, my character would get bigger. He never really did.

5. Graphics: While still beautiful, i wish they would use a stronger engine or improve the blockiness in some areas.

6. Lack of clothing, hairstyles and weapons. I liked some like the warriors outfits and the King outfit, but overall there was little variety. Also the dyeing needs to be fixed a bit. I want white not light grey.

7. Variety of enemies: i wish there were more types. Like more spellcasters or ranged or something. I got tired of downing hollow men.

8. I would have liked to see the changes in the city and such happen more gradually, but that's just me.

9. The pacing: it was very rushed in parts.

10. Bosses: I hated seeing "bosses" i downed come back later as normal enemies. I wish they would make a boss fight really feel epic, like something really big or something you have to use all your skills for. Bosses here merely just spawned adds till you hit them enough.

11. Lack of areas to explore. We get what, like 3 towns only? Eventually there is little to see.

12. The combat: while it was fun, it could have been more fun. it turned into the same thing again and again. Things like adding more variety to the ranged and magic, or introducing combos, enchanting your weapon with magic or something like that.

I wish Lionhead took more than just two years on this, and gave another ground-breaking game.

Overall: I liked the voice-acting and spellweaving, but disliked the length and lack of variety.

Kahindes

Reaction score
One thing that I didn't like was the fact that you can't target specific areas of your targets body with ranged, like blowing off thier head. I miss my old Red Dragon for it's rapid fire also.

Exactly! I get hit quite a lot charging up my spells and sure, I can hit a lot of enemies at once but they don't all get hit (thanks for the lousy targeting system, Lionhead) and they don't always die on the first spell (unless I do a single-target spell). But guns? Swords? I can dodge and weave in & out between enemies and I never get touched. My rifle I'm using now you get for free and it's just ridiculous. Everything I shoot dies in one hit.

I find myself using ranged alot more in this one. I don't know why, it seems powerful to me and not to mention a little more reliable. I still use swords more then anything, but that's just a habit. I think that just using ranged would be more then enough to take out a mob of bandits and even more serious encounters throughout the game. I got free weapons when I bought the Limited Edition and I can use them for the whole game. There isn't alot of weapons that really can best what I had already. I didn't mind the magic this time around, I used it more this time then before, but that seems mainly since we have Spell Weaving this time. I think it made it more interesting. Still I don't find myself using it when I am in trouble with an encounter, for some reason I find it a little unreliable when it came to the aim, especially with the Blades spell.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
I'm sorry you're too inept to properly quote a post or realize that you're in the wrong sub-forum.

I don't know what country you're from but the English phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" refers to something that if is fine, it should not be tampered with. In reference to Fable this could include menus being erased from F2 - F3. It could also include things relating to weapons. Just to clarify. I want you to understand, and not be angry :)

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I don't know what country you're from but the English phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" refers to something that if is fine, it should not be tampered with. In reference to Fable this could include menus being erased from F2 - F3. It could also include things relating to weapons. Just to clarify. I want you to understand, and not be angry :)

Just to clarify, this isn't the Fable II sub-forum and we're discussing Fable III so saying that and expecting someone not to assume you're referring to Fable III (and I'm putting this lightly) is asinine. There is no better word that I can use to describe your deluded logic without bringing negative attention to myself.

One thing that I didn't like was the fact that you can't target specific areas of your targets body with ranged, like blowing off thier head. I miss my old Red Dragon for it's rapid fire also.

I find myself using ranged alot more in this one. I don't know why, it seems powerful to me and not to mention a little more reliable. I still use swords more then anything, but that's just a habit. I think that just using ranged would be more then enough to take out a mob of bandits and even more serious encounters throughout the game. I got free weapons when I bought the Limited Edition and I can use them for the whole game. There isn't alot of weapons that really can best what I had already. I didn't mind the magic this time around, I used it more this time then before, but that seems mainly since we have Spell Weaving this time. I think it made it more interesting. Still I don't find myself using it when I am in trouble with an encounter, for some reason I find it a little unreliable when it came to the aim, especially with the Blades spell.

I agree. I actually preferred the aim system in Fable II even though that catered to casuals who apparently can't hit the broad side of a barn without the game doing it for them. Seems to me that just wanted to gut all the best things that made Fable what it is and hope that no one noticed. My only regret is that I don't have GameFly and could not rent this game before throwing down $80 for the Limited Edition copy. I prefer to use spells mostly because they're bigger and flashier than a simple gunshot or sword-swing but also because they're something we don't have in real life and it helps to add to that fantasy element that all games come with.

Hrm... that probably sounds confusing. It's hard to articulate just how I feel about magic without sounding like a weirdo or really geeky. Oh well.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this isn't the Fable II sub-forum and we're discussing Fable III so saying that and expecting someone not to assume you're referring to Fable III (and I'm putting this lightly) is asinine. There is no better word that I can use to describe your deluded logic without bringing negative attention to myself.
Just to clarify, it pertains to Fable III because Fable III changed a lot of things that were fine in Fable II. Hence "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I hope you can understand now! Boy I didn't know I would need to explain a pretty self explanatory phrase so much for one person!

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it pertains to Fable III because Fable III changed a lot of things that were fine in Fable II. Hence "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I hope you can understand now! Boy I didn't know I would need to explain a pretty self explanatory phrase so much for one person!

I can smell the bullshit a mile away.

Anyways, I'm just going to ignore everything you post from now on.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
I can smell the bullshit a mile away.

Anyways, I'm just going to ignore everything you post from now on.

That's what people tend to do when they can't admit being wrong. I would actually prefer it to your anger, arrogance, and negativity. I think you'd be doing us all a favor to just lurk for while, and take a deep breath before you post!

Rudimentree

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree with whoever was talking about the damn battle cutscenes. They are the absolute most annoying thing in this game for me. Combat is still going on while they slow mo and train the camera on a single enemy and in swarm situations like with hollowmen, that's just absurd. I basically just tap A to roll until it finishes and it does nothing to enhance gameplay for me. I wish they would either chop the time in half or get rid of it altogether. And going through a single battle with ten or twelve of those slow downs is frustrating to say the least.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree with whoever was talking about the damn battle cutscenes. They are the absolute most annoying thing in this game for me. Combat is still going on while they slow mo and train the camera on a single enemy and in swarm situations like with hollowmen, that's just absurd. I basically just tap A to roll until it finishes and it does nothing to enhance gameplay for me. I wish they would either chop the time in half or get rid of it altogether. And going through a single battle with ten or twelve of those slow downs is frustrating to say the least.

Agreed. Only thing worth giving a cutscene to are the finishing moves but even then they should be sporadic.

Status
Not open for further replies.