• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Likes, Dislikes, & Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahindes

Reaction score
I agree. I actually preferred the aim system in Fable II even though that catered to casuals who apparently can't hit the broad side of a barn without the game doing it for them. Seems to me that just wanted to gut all the best things that made Fable what it is and hope that no one noticed. My only regret is that I don't have GameFly and could not rent this game before throwing down $80 for the Limited Edition copy. I prefer to use spells mostly because they're bigger and flashier than a simple gunshot or sword-swing but also because they're something we don't have in real life and it helps to add to that fantasy element that all games come with.

Hrm... that probably sounds confusing. It's hard to articulate just how I feel about magic without sounding like a weirdo or really geeky. Oh well.

I understand what you mean, unless I am missunderstanding you in some way, if I am , I apllogise in advance. Basically it's a fantasy game, so I would expect that someone would want to use the magic aspect more then the practical styles of combat. We play fantasy for that very reason; to experience something that you just can't in real life. I'm the same, just not in this game, the system doesn't do much justice for my imagination on what magic would be like in real life. I mean we play fantasy games to feel and experience what we can't in real life, thus the appeal of the fantasy genre. Plus it just looks cool on top of everythingelse.

Once again I am sorry If I missunderstand what you meant, I often do miss the finer point of things somtimes.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I understand what you mean, unless I am missunderstanding you in some way, if I am , I apllogise in advance. Basically it's a fantasy game, so I would expect that someone would want to use the magic aspect more then the practical styles of combat. We play fantasy for that very reason; to experience something that you just can't in real life. I'm the same, just not in this game, the system doesn't do much justice for my imagination on what magic would be like in real life. I mean we play fantasy games to feel and experience what we can't in real life, thus the appeal of the fantasy genre. Plus it just looks cool on top of everythingelse.

Once again I am sorry If I missunderstand what you meant, I often do miss the finer point of things somtimes.

Nope. You pretty much struck the nail on the head! I will admit, the magic in this game is very disappointing but if you've played the original then you know how fun it can be.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm confused by your statement, Whimdrim.

No need to go down that road again, dont need to bait people while making a point.

Also to add to this we would appreicate people making their points and voicing their opinion without the need to insult someone elses. Healthy debate is perfectly fine but dont need to insult someone while doing it.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
I personally like the little slow mo bits. I can see how it can get annoying. I've had a few close calls myself thanks to them. But as a person who focuses only on melee they add a bit of flair to my game-play. That being said though, I could do without the slow mo when you stab a baddie on the ground. Kinda pointless then.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I liked the story, though it should have taken more than 8 hours.
Wanted more judgements at the end. 20 wasn't enough, and that was the shortest year ever.
Hate the lack of enemies. Banshees, Beetles, ToS shadows.

Although Sand Furies were fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.