• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead fed up with fans?

J_onny

Reaction score
I visited the new Lionhead site today and it struck me that they seem to have got rid of almost all opportunities for fans to give opinions.
They've closed the forums, so no chance of having a decent discussion there. Instead they've introduced a 'comments' section which requires a log in. Problem... There's no way to sign up or retrieve an old account.

Do you think Lionhead has had enough of fan expectations or am I just reading too much into this?

I'm probably going to avoid the Lionhead site for now and stick to fan forums like this.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Maybe, all those who were in charge that arguably cared are now gone. Instead remains a studio that is in the business of doing whatever they want or are told to do, without the hassle of having their own forum of vocal fans and providing customer support.

J_onny

Reaction score
It's a shame. They never paid a huge amount of attention to the forums but it was nice to know they occasionally browsed them and every now and then someone involved in the game would comment. It's disappointing that they've decided to end that community for fans.
Maybe its because they know heroes and journey are likely to disappoint and decided they didn't want to hear the criticisms.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It is a shame, but I guess it was one of many new changes to the way things are done there since being under new management. We've had visits from some of the developers as well, but they rarely got involved with the community aside from interviews and brief contact with my fellow staff members.

Maybe its because they know heroes and journey are likely to disappoint and decided they didn't want to hear the criticisms.

I wouldn't doubt it as some companies can't handle criticism, but silencing or shutting off your fan base isn't the answer. Fan feedback is an important aspect to the growth of success and how can one hope to get any better if one never embraces the criticism? Granted, there's an influx of people who fail to provide constructive criticism and just resort to incessant bashing, but general ignorance to fans as a whole is never wise.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lionhead are going through a transition period and id imagine they want to avoid all the attention being on new staff members and role changes. After all besides Fable: The Journey and Fable Heroes which have both been heavily criticised by people they havent really announced any big titles for people to comment on. Most the comments about the 2 titles they are working on have been negative so id imagine they will reopen new forums after they have released both titles and are working on something that gains more of a buzz.

I think they believe in them but they arent titles the majority of fans wanted. A Kinect exclusive title when not everyone owns Kinect or enjoys Kinect and the other is an arcade spin-off title that has disappointed in reviews so far.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
They don't like people voicing their opinions when it hurts their feelings (happens a lot these days). It's cute. Adorable, in fact.

J_onny

Reaction score
They don't like people voicing their opinions when it hurts their feelings (happens a lot these days). It's cute. Adorable, in fact.

I think you're right- apart from the adorable part.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
After Fable: Heroes and Fable: The Journey have been released and the new look Lionhead have a full development cycle to develop a full title from their own ideas etc then people can fully see what direction they are going.

J_onny

Reaction score
Lionhead are going through a transition period and id imagine they want to avoid all the attention being on new staff members and role changes.

Maybe, but wouldn't this be the ideal time to engage the fans and to take and respond to constructive criticism and wants and desires? Really reassure the the devoted fans that the reshuffled Lionhead is pushing forward in the right direction.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Maybe, but wouldn't this be the ideal time to engage the fans and to take and respond to constructive criticism and wants and desires? Really reassure the the devoted fans that the reshuffled Lionhead is pushing forward in the right direction.

Maybe so but one title was pretty much finished when it happened and is out now (Fable Heroes) and Fable: The Journey is close to completion too. Its a little late in the game to change anything with those titles so maybe they chose to overhaul everything and shut up shop to concentrate on getting the games finished. Then after this it would be more wise to reopen everything and start fresh and push those games aside as they were part old era part new. Then everything after that is down to them and they can be judged on and can take criticism aboard and change things accordingly.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I visited the new Lionhead site today and it struck me that they seem to have got rid of almost all opportunities for fans to give opinions.
Good riddance. Fans ruin sequels, in my experience. They also ruin the originals via updates. This is mainly because the screechy, prepubescent minority are the only ones on the forums complaining while the majority are simply enjoying playing it, resulting in a very skewed presence of "irate people."

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Fed up? No, I don't think so. My opinion is that Lionhead has faced a majority of its creative minds to leave. Therefore, the past is set in the stone and Lionhead, as a studio under new creative minds has to pick up the ashes and complete - finalize what the previous team started. Now, we are playing the waiting game. What will happen to Lionhead? Will they welcome a community anew?

Will they be better then Peter Molyneux and his tricky British personality? The times will tell us. The times have tested many successful studios such as Ensemble Studios, and now it's Lionhead's turn.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Would write a long thing, but I'm 100 percent on Dark Intellect's post.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Wait... Lionheads fed up with US? :wat:
Wait... We Care? x_x
!desreveR sdlroW ehT

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Wait... Lionheads fed up with US? :wat:
Wait... We Care? x_x
!desreveR sdlroW ehT
Yes, some people still do care about Fable. There's no need to be a smartass.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Fable, I (Mostly) Love Fable.
I was just talking about the topic.
Sorry for the offence, it was completely unintentional.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Fable, I (Mostly) Love Fable.
I was just talking about the topic.
Sorry for the offence, it was completely unintentional.
Don't be. You're completely entitled to your opinion.
Good riddance. Fans ruin sequels, in my experience. They also ruin the originals via updates. This is mainly because the screechy, prepubescent minority are the only ones on the forums complaining while the majority are simply enjoying playing it, resulting in a very skewed presence of "irate people."
So, if you complain about something you're just an immature idiot who should be happy with a mediocre product (read Fable III)?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Don't be. You're completely entitled to your opinion.

So, if you complain about something you're just an immature idiot who should be happy with a mediocre product (read Fable III)?
The controversial opinion in one post; First you agree that someone is entitled to their opinion and then you insult someone for stating their opinion in a harsh way.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
The controversial opinion in one post; First you agree that someone is entitled to their opinion and then you insult someone for stating their opinion in a harsh way.
Insult how? I was merely asking a question.