• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Location, Location, Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Location, Location, Location

I found that an intricate part of Fable was the locales and the personalities found there. The crazy accents were a stroke of genious as well- these things along with everything else that made up Fable and TLC were just as important as plot and gameplay. They merged to create a fantastic little number and one of the best games I have ever played in my life. This topic was kind of sparked by looking at the location concepts at the lionhead studios website. I seen a big windmill and a run down town overgrown with vines and greenage which I dont recognise from any of the games.

Now I know there are rumours of Fable 2 being set in Albion but what venues you would like to see return to the second game and do you have any ideas about brand new areas which you would like to see? What towns and villages were your favourites in the previous games and if they brought these places back in the new game would you make any alterations to them if, per say, the game was set in the future or would you just keep the areas like they were before? Do you know of any places that were going to be included in the original games which never got created but might be added to Fable 2?

I looked around for similar topics in this forum and found nothing, apologies if this is a repeat topic and I didnt notice the other. If it is feel free to delete it.

^_^

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Location, Location, Location

I totally agree, the locales and beautiful scenery helped make playing through the original Fable a treat. Should Fable 2 be set in Albion - like it's predecessor - I would love to be able to return to Oakvale. Why? I'm not sure, would just be nice to see the place in a different light; wether Fable 2 be set in the future or past it would be nice to see how the village of Oakvale developed or evolved.

But that's just me.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I'm all for a return to Oakvale, for some reason I am strangely drawn to it almost as if it was actually my home. I've tried being evil before but I can rarely bring myself to attack Oakvale. Taking the shopkeepers out of their shop using the follow command to the other side of the beach, getting them drunk and leaving them there to loot their gear- thats another story.

Back to the topic at hand though. Oakvale for sure, especially being able to see the development of the community and the landscape- I wouldnt mind a return to the heroes guild but perhaps not so much focus being placed on it. Maybe even expand the guild- I found it very basic with not alot actually happening there.

I would love the new game to focus on Albion but bring in an entirely new continent- something across the seas previously unseen- it would help keep the game fresh but with the ability to return to Albion also keep a nostalgic nature there for fans of the previous games. I actually read a rumour which was posted in a forum last year that the setting would be in Albion but only one hundred years after the original game has taken place.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I guess i would like to see it based in albion to see the old locations but then again a new location could bring new life to the game. Would like to return to Oakvale though ^_^

More forests and beautiful scenery would be appreiccated aswel :)

U

Ulicus

The way Fable TLC ends, it seems to scream for a sequel more than a prequel - and while I'd love to see the Old Kingdom in its glory eventually, I'd be quite happy to see the world of Albion a few hundred years down the line for Fable 2.

Being able to load information from your previous Fable saves is an excellent idea, and if it could talk about your previous Hero by name (well, title), it would be all the better. I imagine that depending on whether you were good or evil, the legend would go that there was a century of peace/devastation and then the Hero disappeared, allowing the land to return to something resembling balance over the next two hundred years or so.

Ideally, it would be Albion - the same world map, but on a MUCH larger scale. If you actually look at how everything relates in Albion on the map screen, the place is *tiny*, it needs to be made bigger. Well, imho.

I'm not asking for "more of the map to be exposed" you understand, just for it to be given a more believable scale (so, on the map screen, Bowerstone/Lookout Point/Greatwood Entrace would be practically on the same spot - as opposed to being so spread out over the map).

I assume that there are other towns and villages scattered throughout the land that we didn't get to see in Fable 1 as well... maybe add some extra areas in Bowerstone, make Oakvale more of a built up town (but with the centre area more or less untouched) - and have the 1st Hero's house as a popular Tourist destination...

In fact, lets have *lots* of celebration of the original Hero. The return of the picnic area, only this time the sundial has been replaced by a HUGE, HUGE statue of the Hero battling the Wasp Queen. More statues in the Hall of Heroes *including the likes of Thunder*, but with a massive one of your previous Hero.

If you were good, then the statues are there because people loved you and built them. If evil, well you bloody well forced them to build statues of you everywhere.

Hmmm... I doubt they'll be able to get that sorta stuff in, but it would be nice.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
The way Fable TLC ends, it seems to scream for a sequel more than a prequel - and while I'd love to see the Old Kingdom in its glory eventually, I'd be quite happy to see the world of Albion a few hundred years down the line for Fable 2.

Being able to load information from your previous Fable saves is an excellent idea, and if it could talk about your previous Hero by name (well, title), it would be all the better. I imagine that depending on whether you were good or evil, the legend would go that there was a century of peace/devastation and then the Hero disappeared, allowing the land to return to something resembling balance over the next two hundred years or so.

Ideally, it would be Albion - the same world map, but on a MUCH larger scale. If you actually look at how everything relates in Albion on the map screen, the place is *tiny*, it needs to be made bigger. Well, imho.

I'm not asking for "more of the map to be exposed" you understand, just for it to be given a more believable scale (so, on the map screen, Bowerstone/Lookout Point/Greatwood Entrace would be practically on the same spot - as opposed to being so spread out over the map).

I assume that there are other towns and villages scattered throughout the land that we didn't get to see in Fable 1 as well... maybe add some extra areas in Bowerstone, make Oakvale more of a built up town (but with the centre area more or less untouched) - and have the 1st Hero's house as a popular Tourist destination...

In fact, lets have *lots* of celebration of the original Hero. The return of the picnic area, only this time the sundial has been replaced by a HUGE, HUGE statue of the Hero battling the Wasp Queen. More statues in the Hall of Heroes *including the likes of Thunder*, but with a massive one of your previous Hero.

If you were good, then the statues are there because people loved you and built them. If evil, well you bloody well forced them to build statues of you everywhere.

Hmmm... I doubt they'll be able to get that sorta stuff in, but it would be nice.

That would be totally awesome, there is so much that the guys creating Fable 2 could do if they incorporated the ability to load previous game saves- in terms of cross overs the ideas are vast and awesome. I like the idea about the heroes house in Oakvale becoming a tourist attraction- would be funky to be able to take a tour of your old characters home...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Some excellent ideas there, Ulicus. Many of which I would love to see implemented in the next Fable.

Ulicus said:
Well, there's no harm in staying optimistic. I'm certain the nice folks at Lionhead Studios are going to impress us with some of the features they have planned for the upcoming Fable 2.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well, I myself would enjoy the game to take place in the past so I of course would love to see the kingdom itself, with the castle and the capitol village that lay around it. I agree that the ability to upload your Hero's stats to the new game, if it took place in after Fable, but I'm still all for the Old Kingdom.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Some excellent ideas there, Ulicus. Many of which I would love to see implemented in the next Fable.

Well, there's no harm in staying optimistic. I'm certain the nice folks at Lionhead Studios are going to impress us with some of the features they have planned for the upcoming Fable 2.

I read a post, it could be a lot of crap since it was posted mid 2005, but it had some pretty interesting details, apparently from a reliable source stating that Fable 2 started production just before Fable the original was released. I doubt thats true but if it is then I am expecting this game to be stunning. There were other details posted alongside it along with a screen cap. Ill try and find the link if you guys want though I doubt this information is reliable its interesting to read....

U

Ulicus

I just hope that it lives up to what Project Ego was originally supposed to be. I bought an Xbox for that game and never got it...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I hope they have as much vision and scope of ideas for Fables sequel as they did when Fable was still Project ego as some awesome ideas were left out of the final product that id love to see in future games.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Hope fully they will use Fable 2 as a conduit for the features they never got to release with the original or with TLC. Multiplayer, children, importing game saves and all that.

U

Ulicus

Multiplayer I can live without - multiplayer usually dilutes the single player experience.

S

Skorm_Knight

Who says the game can't be set in the past and the future of Albion in Fable? You could start out in the past, and what you do during that time period greatly affects what you do in the future.

C

Crazyarms

Yeah i think it would be cool to be able to play in both the past and the future.

U

Ulicus

*cough* As long as we're talking about playing two different characters in the past and future and not time travel.

I've yet to see any game do time travel logically, and it frustrates me. All they need to do is type the words "Predestination Paradox" into wikipedia and BOOM, they've got all they need to give a decent time travel experience... but noooo... they're always about "changing the past" and "altering the future".

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

This idea reminds me of Driver: Parallel Lines. As it starts your in the 70's but you get locked up at one point then get back to the game in the modern era. Could it be something like that?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
Multiplayer I can live without - multiplayer usually dilutes the single player experience.

I agree actually, as much as i like the idea i think multiplayer might actually take something AWAY from the game.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I think a co-operative section included in the game may add something to the way its played and how gamers perceive the experience. Maybe a side plot which would run throughout the game which you could only do if you had a second player with you- that way it wouldnt interferre with the game itself and would be more of an extra feature.

V

Voodoo 9s

Fablewind....Fablescrolls, The Lost CHicken

Status
Not open for further replies.