• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Logan was a good guy. *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
So, in follow up to my Theresa Conspiracy Thread, I've also decided that Logan was in no way a bad guy.

Watch the scene where he's alone, looking over a map and talking about his Albion. When Theresa first showed us this, we were shown it WAYYYY out of context. The truth is, he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. And here's why.

Listen to the way Logan speaks in this scene. Look at him for crying out loud. When we learn that he's draining money from Albion to pour it into keeping the country defended, and then look back, it's obvious the weight of the situation has taken its toll on Logan. He clearly didn't have the mental strength to deal with that kind of responsibility and, as a result, probably became a little bit insane. He was so hell bent on protecting Albion, and so destroyed by the suffering he was causing his people that ultimately the inner-turmoil clearly had a profound and damaging effect on him.
Listen to what people say about him, that he often "looks so tired", and that he "used" to be a good leader. Hell, the people used to love him!
And there's still another thing to take into consideration. If you let Logan live, he clearly expresses that he's more than happy to hand over the throne to you, he was glad to be rid of that responsibility!

Logan was, at least in my eyes, a good guy who, thanks to Theresa and the Crawler, he was forced to do evil for a "greater good."

Poor guy.
I still blame Theresa for all of this.

Reaction score
So, in follow up to my Theresa Conspiracy Thread, I've also decided that Logan was in no way a bad guy.

Watch the scene where he's alone, looking over a map and talking about his Albion. When Theresa first showed us this, we were shown it WAYYYY out of context. The truth is, he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. And here's why.

Listen to the way Logan speaks in this scene. Look at him for crying out loud. When we learn that he's draining money from Albion to pour it into keeping the country defended, and then look back, it's obvious the weight of the situation has taken its toll on Logan. He clearly didn't have the mental strength to deal with that kind of responsibility and, as a result, probably became a little bit insane. He was so hell bent on protecting Albion, and so destroyed by the suffering he was causing his people that ultimately the inner-turmoil clearly had a profound and damaging effect on him.
Listen to what people say about him, that he often "looks so tired", and that he "used" to be a good leader. Hell, the people used to love him!
And there's still another thing to take into consideration. If you let Logan live, he clearly expresses that he's more than happy to hand over the throne to you, he was glad to be rid of that responsibility!

Logan was, at least in my eyes, a good guy who, thanks to Theresa and the Crawler, he was forced to do evil for a "greater good."

Poor guy.
I still blame Theresa for all of this.
I was waiting on this from you:steve:

This adds to the conspiracy theory (theresa) quite nicely

Vash157

Reaction score
I agree with him being good cause of all he says about being that way to try to save the country....I also think that Theresa is afraid of The Crawler and the darkness cause his power is greater than her's is and she can't stand to be second best.....or she is controlling The Crawler and the darkness.....not to sure but i know it's either one....i've raising up the money i need before i finish i'm still at 365 days until the attack and i'm at like 2.6 mil

Reaction score
I agree with him being good cause of all he says about being that way to try to save the country....I also think that Theresa is afraid of The Crawler and the darkness cause his power is greater than her's is and she can't stand to be second best.....or she is controlling The Crawler and the darkness.....not to sure but i know it's either one....i've raising up the money i need before i finish i'm still at 365 days until the attack and i'm at like 2.6 mil
I hate the crawler, i will handle him anytime anywhere, wereever he wants to settle it, and as for logan being good, i understand him being the way he was, but what i dont understand was why he was the way he was,(as in killing innocents and stuff) he didnt have to take it that far, as in he became a killer and murderer, none of that had to happen

Vash157

Reaction score
yes and no it had to happen.....no it didn't cause that was too far and wrong to do....but yes because they people use to love him and admire him that when the passed the edicts he did to try to battle the crawler they wouldn't take it seriously so he had to show the people he was serious in his rule

Reaction score
yes and no it had to happen.....no it didn't cause that was too far and wrong to do....but yes because they people use to love him and admire him that when the passed the edicts he did to try to battle the crawler they wouldn't take it seriously so he had to show the people he was serious in his rule
No matter what you say, he still took it to far

Vash157

Reaction score
well look at Henry the VIII when he started the rule everyone adored him and admired him then they thought he was kidding with his edicts until he did what he did to show them he was serious....that's my idea on it though and my comparison

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
True but he did make you choose the death of your girl/boy friend or innocent protestors

Vash157

Reaction score
but he was sincere at the end about being sorry for it and for what he done only because of the darkness heading to albion and your hero forgave him

Vash157

Reaction score
Like Vash said that was to prove he wasn't gonna take s*** from nobody!

thank you....at least someone understands and agrees that he had to do what he had to do the stop the crawler

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
thank you....at least someone understands and agrees that he had to do what he had to do the stop the crawler

I haven't actually played the game but I have read a lot about it. I'm pretty sure everyone understands you. There just giving the other side of his story.
Also I'm studying history and mainly leaders. Most of them are outlawed for protecting their country, only a small majority of leaders are praised for protecting their country!

Vash157

Reaction score
but like rat said it's all theresa's fault for everything

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Spoilers in the title Rat, you've been here long enough to know that.

Reaction score
He wasnt going to stop it to begin with, did you even notice that when you open the treasury for the first time, all he has saved up is 400k, but you can simply go into court and make over a mill in like 10 seconds, and he still didnt have to do all that

Vash157

Reaction score
He wasnt going to stop it to begin with, did you even notice that when you open the treasury for the first time, all he has saved up is 400k, but you can simply go into court and make over a mill in like 10 seconds, and he still didnt have to do all that

like rat said in his last thread.....theresa has a way with words to get anyone to do whatever she wants them to do

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Spoilers in the title Rat, you've been here long enough to know that.

An opinion is NOT a spoiler.

No matter what you say, he still took it to far

A lot of the things he did [such as killing your loved one, or killing the protesters at the start of the game] was most likely to secure his dominance over the people. For example, he probably thinks that the only way he can entirely control them is if they are too scared of him to do anything but obey. And that's specifically what he needed for The Crawler: unflinching, unquestioning legions.

Also, look at the game when we have to act on our "promises" and make judgments. If we want to keep money in Albion and stop people dying in the war, we have to break promises, and keep children working, people starving, etc.

I don't think Logan is entirely to blame for his actions. Like I said... Theresa is.

Status
Not open for further replies.