• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Looking for a file host.

Precipice

Reaction score
I'm looking for the imgur of non-image files. Something I can use without signing up is preferable, but the must haves are that it is free and doesn't make people do a survey, captcha, or wait any amount of time before downloading, and preferably can download directly from a link I provide. And as long as the file size and bandwidth limitations aren't extreme and unreasonable, those factors are negligible.

I'd be most appreciative if anyone's heard of such a host service.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Have you never heard of Google Drive? Obviously you need a Google Account to use it, but it's so worth it. You get a ridiculous amount of space for free and you can upload pretty much anything - Word documents, Powerpoint documents, even images themselves. I'm not sure if that's precisely what you're looking for but if it sounds like it is, give it a shot by all means.

Precipice

Reaction score
That first bit is the snag. I have an email account of course, but I don't actively maintain any of them. I just make them to sign up for stuff and then forget about it, and ultimately forget about whatever I needed the email for anyway after I get what I came for.

But yes, I think that's ultimately what I'll have to do. I mean, it does everything I'm looking for, just also that one thing I don't want.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I have an email account of course, but I don't actively maintain any of them. I just make them to sign up for stuff and then forget about it, and ultimately forget about whatever I needed the email for anyway after I get what I came for.

I'm much the same, except that I've found myself using Google Drive so much that I don't forget the email or password that I use for it - now I come to think of it, the email address that I used was actually a username of a forum-user here that I liked a lot and wanted for myself :lol:

It's definitely worth it, trust me, it's a very useful thing to have around.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
+1 for Google drive, another worth trying is Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/en/

There's also the site MEGA which used to be the old Megaupload, but it's a lot more user friendly now with no wait times for downloading. You can just drag and drop your files without registering I believe, simple and easy. The links will expire though if they remain untouched for too long. But if you wanna better manage your stuff (with extra space) and not have them expire you need to register with an email.

I recommend the other 2 though and to simply write whatever email down that you use so you don't forget, they're definitely great services.

Romero

Premium
Reaction score
I don't use the cloud myself, but I have heard about a few services. One that is not mentioned is Jottacloud, but I'm unsure if it's free.
It's located in Norway and is more secure than US based services if you care about privacy.

I checked and the first 5GB are free. (For €7.50 per month you get unlimited storage for all devices. I have no clue if this is cheap or not.)