• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Make "Normal Haircut" longer?

W

waylandar

Make "Normal Haircut" longer?

as you may know, normal haircut, is probably the longest haircut in the game (length downwards unlike the Mohawk). Would it at all be possible to make this longer? For example, around the length of some of the band members from Blind Guardian, if we could get it around that length of past the shoulders or half way down the back then it would be master.

BlindGuardianPromo.jpg

my main question/request is, is it possible? and to also make it move around and stuff when you run in fable, if all this is, could someone write a brief guide on how-to do it.

Thanks
Ben

p.s i have posted on fabletlcmod but i thought i'd post here aswell

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score
Re: Make "Normal Haircut" longer?

again, possible, but very hard. You'd need to use a hex editor to make it move around and stuff

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Animation. :D

W

waylandar

ok, well instead of Hex and animation, how can i edit the hair and make it static only? what programs and how would i export the normal or bald whatever cut and make it long hair?

also, do you get long hair in Bargate prison, when your rescuing Scarlet? (your heroes mother)

because i would like long hair ingame, also my memory isnt that good, but i think you get long hair dont you?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

The Pudding Basin
thepuddingbasin.jpg

And Normal Hair is as long as you get.

W

waylandar

hmm, can i edit normal hair then? if so, how can i? Tools etc
thanks

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

you need 3ds max, or blender and have somebody export it for you

W

waylandar

ok, i have blender, not sure how to use it though.. but anyways trail and error, could some one export it for me?

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

I could do that eventually, but I'm busy now

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

cant you just tweak the length of the hair in Fable explorer? shouldnt there be something in the objects menu with that haircut and information about it? there SHOULD be something there that lets you adjust the hair length, right?

W

waylandar

Man;163758 said:
cant you just tweak the length of the hair in Fable explorer? shouldnt there be something in the objects menu with that haircut and information about it? there SHOULD be something there that lets you adjust the hair length, right?

i hope there is, because thats all i really want, the length, not a total new hairdo..

N

Nova Knight7

Perhaps in the new Fable thats coming out you could just pick a hairstyle and then determine the length of it such as in The Elder Scrolls. I know it sounds kind of like just copying but I think its a good idea.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

you can't do that in FE, but maybe, just maybe you could use a skeletal morph. No promises though, I'll try it and if it works I'll set you up with either a "how-to" or an fmp and a file

W

waylandar

Morerunes, you sir, are THE BOMB xD. Thank you :)

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

but as I was looking through the mesh, I reralized that that isn't going to work, because the part you would want to scale has no bones :(
sorry

W

waylandar

Darn it :) oh well, i guess there will be long hair in Fable 2, i like the idea of having a dog, i think its cute lol :D